• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla adapter cost

stevey_frac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning XLT
I honestly didn't think this would be a hot take...

I'm planning on spending a few hundred on a mobile charger, various adapters and such...

And that adds a lot less capability than supercharging does... so I'm at least willing to spend the same on an NACS adapter...

I'm surprised to see that others don't feel the same. I think virtually everyone would have checked the box for 'Add Supercharger Capability' if it were a $500 option when we purchased the truck.
Sponsored

WoodduckMN

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt, 2013 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Manager
I just bought a CCS to Tesla adaptor from Tesla for my Model Y for $175. Just for the areas where there are no SC yet. Wonder what Tesla will charge for charging for non-Tesla cars compared to Tesla?

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
Sioux Falls and Eastern SD suck for charging. Really doesn't make a lot of sense. Once you get to Wall, SD it get's pretty easy. Super fast new EA chargers in Wall, Rapid City, Gillette and Billings. Chamberlain should be online any day. Sioux Falls and Mitchell desperately need EA chargers. We are going across I-90 in December and I'm a little nervous about it. Especially if it's ass cold.
As of yesterday the Flying J is getting a pair of EVGO 350 kw chargers. :)

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I'm planning on spending a few hundred on a mobile charger, various adapters and such...
What are you looking to do? I have an openEVSE that I don't use anymore that does 16A/120v or 30A/240v depending on which plug you use that I was going to list for a pretty cheap price.

stevey_frac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning XLT
I was planning on getting a Tesla mobile connector, with all the adapters they sell, and a Tesla tap mini.

I didn't know open EVSE had something similar?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I just bought a CCS to Tesla adaptor from Tesla for my Model Y for $175. Just for the areas where there are no SC yet. Wonder what Tesla will charge for charging for non-Tesla cars compared to Tesla?
We know, but it is always subject to change and it could be different per location. In your Tesla app, hit your car icon in the upper right and then slide over to the "Charge your non-Tesla", select your charger and you'll get a rate. You can see what the SC rates are for Magic Dock's. Who knows if it will be much different when the whole network is open and you bring your own adapter.

Currently a Magic Dock SC in the DFW area is .45/kWh
Sponsored