• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning | Lariat SR
Saw a Cybertruck for the 1st time. :unsure:Anyways…..

@A2ZEV adapter worked well. It took me a moment to figure out the interlocking mechanism on the NACS side.

It was a smooth process activating the supercharger via Tesla App. Averaged 125kW (SR battery). 100F ambient temperature and a long trip led to higher than normal battery temperature. Charged to 60% for a short trip home.

The NACS cable on the V3 superchargers are obviously too short to reach our charging port. So I had to park across 2 spots. I felt annoying and annoyed having to do this. A2Z should have included a short lead on the adapter as it seems they are currently developing an NACS extension cable. Obviously a short lead on the adapter would be doable yeah? It needs about 1ft and then I think it would reach our ports.

Overall I’m glad to have the Tesla network as a charging option while abroad. It’ll make it a lot easier to trip plan and no more range anxiety for my Lariat SR. The cable length though….. come on Tesla should retrofit V3 chargers with longer cables as part of standard preventative or replacement maintenance. *yells at the sky!*

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Supercharger & A2Z Typhoon Test IMG_2367

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Supercharger & A2Z Typhoon Test IMG_2366

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Supercharger & A2Z Typhoon Test IMG_2368
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Just nose between the charger and bollard.

OP
OP

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I approached the charger as close as I could for comfort and it still wouldn’t reach. I will try again somewhere else. The parking lot was bananas.

OP
OP

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I also had a guy get out of his Tesla, walk around to my drive side, look at the charging port and walk back to his car. It’s obviously irritating to others. It’s our right to use these chargers but I’d rather not inconvenience others or draw unneeded attention.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Parking across 2 spots already did that...

Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Around the corner from me, I was able to pull about 1 inch from my bumper and the charge station. It was just enough to insert the plug into the A2Z adapter and then inserting into my charge port. There was slight tension on my port as there was zero slack left. I did have to pull into the lane to the right of the charge station (taking up 2 spaces).

I too got stares as I was taking up the 2 spaces, but until (when and if) they make the cables longer, it is what it is. :unsure:

I see 46 psi on your tires... that's a lot of pressure!

Sedawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER
Just nose between the charger and bollard.
It looks like those bollards are In a bad spot. Here in Canada most of the bollards have been removed making pulling in quite easy (of course, you still block a stall for our Tesla friends unless you can get the right most stall)

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It looks like those bollards are In a bad spot. Here in Canada most of the bollards have been removed making pulling in quite easy (of course, you still block a stall for our Tesla friends unless you can get the right most stall)
Yes, it's funny how in some locations they have removed them, and not in others.

I always turn on the cameras, and get out and look if necessary. It's not the whole with of the truck, just the nose, that you need to get between the chargers, or the charger and a bollard.

You can also try parking at an angle, vs. sideways.

At one location, this was my solution (that's a parking lot, not a main road):

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Supercharger & A2Z Typhoon Test PXL_20240330_185142441.MP

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
As someone who's charged close to 3 dozen times with my A2Z, it sure is a tight fit both vehicle and charger wise. You can typically squeeze between the posts, aim your driver side as close as possible (since you can see you're not going to hit it) and you'll have room to spare passenger side. I also approach at a slight angle. This has helped keep me close to the lines. The side by side stalls are easier but still tight, I cracked my side mirror hitting the Tesla Only post backing out. Whatever.

My charging yesterday started to derate to 100kW but I also supercharged 4 times and yah, the battery gets toasty, especially this heat!

Ish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lariat ER
I see 46 psi on your tires... that's a lot of pressure!
the late ‘23 builds with the Goodyears have a recommended 42 psi, easy to get that high with the heat when starting from 42, if that was indeed the starting point. Got mine up to 48 a few weeks ago on a trip in 90° heat

Sponsored

Sedawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER
Yes, it's funny how in some locations they have removed them, and not in others.

I always turn on the cameras, and get out and look if necessary. It's not the whole with of the truck, just the nose, that you need to get between the chargers, or the charger and a bollard.

You can also try parking at an angle, vs. sideways.
I seem to scare away all the Telsas when I charge.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Supercharger & A2Z Typhoon Test IMG_2730

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I seem to scare away all the Telsas when I charge.

IMG_2730.jpeg
So far most of my charging has been like this so I didn't feel too stressed out about messing up another spot. But I do go for the most right spot first regardless.

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
As someone who's charged close to 3 dozen times with my A2Z, it sure is a tight fit both vehicle and charger wise. You can typically squeeze between the posts, aim your driver side as close as possible (since you can see you're not going to hit it) and you'll have room to spare passenger side. I also approach at a slight angle. This has helped keep me close to the lines. The side by side stalls are easier but still tight, I cracked my side mirror hitting the Tesla Only post backing out. Whatever.

My charging yesterday started to derate to 100kW but I also supercharged 4 times and yah, the battery gets toasty, especially this heat!
Next time try the Tesla towel trick. the NACS handle isn't cooled but the cable is, wrapping a damp towel around the handle has shown to not derate due to heat.
Sponsored