• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla Supercharger Ford Compatability Date

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Back on topic, the A2Z website says their adapter will ship the end of January. For those saying that Tesla won’t open up their network until next summer, it doesn’t make sense that A2Z will try to sell an adapter that can’t be used. I think A2Z has some insider information and they know Tesla will open their network by the end of January.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Back on topic, the A2Z website says their adapter will ship the end of January. For those saying that Tesla won’t open up their network until next summer, it doesn’t make sense that A2Z will try to sell an adapter that can’t be used. I think A2Z has some insider information and they know Tesla will open their network by the end of January.
It was already slated to open for Ford in Spring, and is now Feb.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I have another trip to Colorado planned for the middle of February. Having access to the Superchargers would be a real game changer for that trip. Here’s hoping I get the adapter and access to the Superchargers before that trip.

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER 511a
In January 23 there where about 5000 Tesla Super Charging sites so with a total of 42, aw heck let's say "60", Magic Docks, I won't be holding my breath for one near by (Enfield CT is the closest). My best bet is we need to pony up the $200 for the adapter and use whatever app we can use to get charged at Elon's filling stations :)

Numbers are numbers ... you can count to a million in about 3.5 years and "human history" has been around just about how long it would take to count to a billion (4,000 years or so)
Wait, did you say humans have been around 4000 years?

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Wait, did you say humans have been around 4000 years?
Human "history" has been around about 4000 years or so.

" The Sumerian civilization first developed writing around 3400 B.C., when they began making markings on clay tablets in a script known as cuneiform"

So assuming that some other early civilization may have beaten the Sumerian's, 4000 years in the ball park :)

Sponsored

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
With the weight that cable would have to be, I would hope it's long enough that is can touch the ground to take the weight off the charge port.
Why would we need an extension? I thought the V4’s were 10’ cables. I took my truck and measured distance on a standard V2. 10” is plenty long enough.

Also why the interest in an 3rd party adaptor. Useless right now and not needed if you use a magic dock.

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2024 Rivian R1T
Why would we need an extension? I thought the V4’s were 10’ cables. I took my truck and measured distance on a standard V2. 10” is plenty long enough.

Also why the interest in an 3rd party adaptor. Useless right now and not needed if you use a magic dock.
V3s are all 6'. It's an issue.

Also, adapters will be needed when they flip the switch and all V3s and V4s become available regardless of magic dock.

Reactions: cal

edcoble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat (ER)
Occupation
Retired/former lawyer/former pastor
I have another trip to Colorado planned for the middle of February. Having access to the Superchargers would be a real game changer for that trip. Here’s hoping I get the adapter and access to the Superchargers before that trip.
I'm heading up there again next week. Still having to go through Tucumcari and Wagon Mound (from Lubbock--there for Christmas). Looking forward to being able to use the Tesla supercharger at Clayton NM....someday.

On a whim and a prayer I ordered a Lectron-brand CCS adapter ($199) supposedly to be delivered in January. They don't promise it will work at Tesla chargers but they imply it. Also am hoping that's true sometime in February.
Sponsored

Last edited: