• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla Supercharger Ford Compatability Date

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
No one knows. Communication with the customer is not a big priority with Tesla. They like to keep everyone thirsty for information to make it sound like an even bigger deal when it comes out. And it usually works so when that info is available, you won't have to ask, everyone will be talking about it everywhere.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...ord-electric-vehicle-at-a-tesla-supercharger/

According to Ford:

“You can find Magic Dock-equipped locations through the FordPass®** App or your vehicle's Connected Navigation system.”
The fact that we can see Superchargers on the FordPass app is actually pretty interesting even though you can not yet activate Tesla chargers using FordPass, that means that when Tesla gives Ford owners access to the Superchargers, the Superchargers will probably automatically show up on FordPass. So you will know that when Superchargers show up on FordPass it’s time to buy the NACS to CCS adapter. I thought I would have little use for the charger activation capabilities of FordPass when I bought my Lightning but it’s starting to be pretty handy, I just wish I could get discounted charging rates though the app like I can with the EA app.

The Superchargers don’t show up as Plug-n-Charge capable on the FordPass which is a disappointment. I don’t know why, Tesla should be able to program in Plug-n-Charge for Ford products. Maybe they will upgrade the software at a later date so you can start activating Tesla chargers using Ford Pass.

Last edited:

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
The fact that we can see Superchargers on the FordPass app is actually pretty interesting even though you can not yet activate Tesla chargers using FordPass, that means that when Tesla gives Ford owners access to the Superchargers, the Superchargers will probably automatically show up on FordPass. So you will know that when Superchargers show up on FordPass it’s time to buy the NACS to CCS adapter. I thought I would have little use for the charger activation capabilities of FordPass when I bought my Lightning but it’s starting to be pretty handy, I just wish I could get discounted charging rates though the app like I can with the EA app.

The Superchargers don’t show up as Plug-n-Charge capable on the FordPass which is a disappointment. I don’t know why, Tesla should be able to program in Plug-n-Charge for Ford products. Maybe they will upgrade the software at a later date so you can start activating Tesla chargers using Ford Pass.
It will be nice to be able to use plug-n-charge if they activate that in the future. However, adding the magic dock capable superchargers to the Ford nav system means it will recognize it as a charger. Prior to this I had to input the location address, then the truck would try to add additional chargers to my route because it didn’t recognize the Supercharger address and of course it didn’t precondition. That should all be remedied by this. Although I think the pace at which Tesla adds magicdocks may outstrip Ford’s ability to update software.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

I don't' truly expect we will see plug and charge from Tesla. Tesla's infrastructure is far better and above Ford's, it truly works almost perfectly. They have no need to be bashed by Ford owners for the crap Ford is bringing to the table, which would cause dissatisfaction. I fully expect Tesla to keep payment within their ecosystem and support that for a more user friendly / flawless experience.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
As for the date, Farley originally said SPRING of 2024. I have learned to take him literally when he project’s availability. So the last day of Spring is like June 21st (or there abouts).

I would be surprised if it was a day before that.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
No one knows. Communication with the customer is not a big priority with Tesla. They like to keep everyone thirsty for information to make it sound like an even bigger deal when it comes out. And it usually works so when that info is available, you won't have to ask, everyone will be talking about it everywhere.
Everybody knows. Spring 2024.

Tesla and Ford are not yet integrated. 42 Tesla SuperChargers show up on FordPass because they have MagicDocks, that is the reason. They are open to ALL CCS vehicles, but you must use the Tesla app.

No one needs to do anything, Ford will notify us when the adapter is available and when we can use FordPass to charge at Tesla SuperChargers. It will be 100% integrated including Plug and Charge.

I don't' truly expect we will see plug and charge from Tesla. Tesla's infrastructure is far better and above Ford's, it truly works almost perfectly. They have no need to be bashed by Ford owners for the crap Ford is bringing to the table, which would cause dissatisfaction. I fully expect Tesla to keep payment within their ecosystem and support that for a more user friendly / flawless experience.
Totally disagree. It will be fully integrated with Plug and Charge.

As for the date, Farley originally said SPRING of 2024. I have learned to take him literally when he project’s availability. So the last day of Spring is like June 21st (or there abouts).

I would be surprised if it was a day before that.
Agree.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Everybody knows. Spring 2024.
That includes the OP. If you read his post, he is asking for “new details”. Which no one posted on this thread has. He is not asking about magic docs. He is asking for a more specific date or narrower time frame. Some have suggested last day of spring which may be correct but it is only a guess.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
That includes the OP. If you read his post, he is asking for “new details”. Which no one posted on this thread has. He is not asking about magic docs. He is asking for a more specific date or narrower time frame. Some have suggested last day of spring which may be correct but it is only a guess.
You are correct. No one knows anything better than Spring 2024.

petewatts

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Curious if there’s been any new details released (or hinted to) as to when the Tesla network will be opened up to Ford EV users?

I know the NACS adapter need to be released first, but I absolutely can’t wait for this
The 42 Magic Dock Superchargers can already be used. They have built-in adapters. You have to activate them using the Tesla app.
I recently used Tesla’s magic dock on a road trip on I-20 in Louisiana and Mississippi. I had to use the Tesla app but it worked fine.
The only issue was getting close enough for the cable to connect.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Supercharger Ford Compatability Date IMG_2727

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
In January 23 there where about 5000 Tesla Super Charging sites so with a total of 42, aw heck let's say "60", Magic Docks, I won't be holding my breath for one near by (Enfield CT is the closest). My best bet is we need to pony up the $200 for the adapter and use whatever app we can use to get charged at Elon's filling stations :)

Numbers are numbers ... you can count to a million in about 3.5 years and "human history" has been around just about how long it would take to count to a billion (4,000 years or so)

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Totally disagree. It will be fully integrated with Plug and Charge.
While I agree that is what Farley said, to be honest at this point, that is a guaranteed delay to me. I have confidence Tesla can do their part by Spring, but not Ford. At this point just have Tesla make the adapter available and let's use their app. Waiting on Ford to get them in warehouses and dealers AND update their app is not something I see them doing by Spring.

Farley also said we would have transparent no-surprise pricing and online ordering for EV's. Incredibly now the only way to order a '24 Lightning or Mach-E is to visit a dealer. Meanwhile their Build & Price websites are still stuck on 2023.
Sponsored