• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Thank you for asking. Still don't understand how Ford themselves have provided nothing to clarify the PCO/price protection for extended orderers. Pretty pathetic it took a Q&A with a dealership to have this level on transparency from a car manufacturer.

I wasted too much time myself on numerous calls with Ford CS trying to figure it out. The general consensus I got from Ford is that they already know some of their dealers will play dumb about the PCO and they didn't want to force their hands by telling buyers the exact dollar amount of what they're entitled to. Waiting for the inevitable thread about a dealer ignoring the PCO.
Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Thank you for asking. Still don't understand how Ford themselves have provided nothing to clarify the PCO/price protection for extended orderers. Pretty pathetic it took a Q&A with a dealership to have this level on transparency from a car manufacturer.

I wasted too much time myself on numerous calls with Ford CS trying to figure it out. The general consensus I got from Ford is that they already know some of their dealers will play dumb about the PCO and they didn't want to force their hands by telling buyers the exact dollar amount of what they're entitled to. Waiting for the inevitable thread about a dealer ignoring the PCO.
Agreed. It's complete nonsense that Ford hasn't VERY EXPLICITLY spelled out how this works publicly. It's just ASKING for dealers to screw people.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Are you saying Ford is enabling dealer misdeeds? I'm shocked! Say it ain't so.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Are you saying Ford is enabling dealer misdeeds? I'm shocked! Say it ain't so.
Another example of how much power the dealer networks still have over Ford. It is going to take a while to unwind it all but I think the "Model e" business line is a big step forward.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
The general consensus I got from Ford is that they already know some of their dealers will play dumb about the PCO and they didn't want to force their hands by telling buyers the exact dollar amount of what they're entitled to.
Says it all right there about who Ford considers to be the most valuable to them.

Sponsored

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Edge, 2023 F150L Pro
Occupation
IT Geek
Hoping the first people get to try the process out in November to work the kinks out for me.
Same! I'm gonna be closely following the first couple MY23 build weeks to see how it goes for them. Hope getting the PCO applied correctly isn't gonna be a big deal.
Sponsored