• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Glitched Pro orders

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I think the manufacturing parts for different trim levels is sometimes much different than we imagine. Even if a single item, like that mentioned Pro front 'grill' is not available, then the PRO is not available. I imagine that it's much more than even that, though.
I totally understand this, but I'm also willing to sit in line and wait until they order more parts. Why can't I just do that? How long of a lead time is there on parts? Obviously Ford knew from 2022 that there was a significantly higher demand for pro trim than they had originally allocated towards retail orders. They could have chosen to make more available for 2023, but they didn't. They could chose to allow people who want a pro trim to get put onto a list and then fulfilling those orders first come first serve as pro trucks are available, but we all know this isn't how Ford chooses to allocate builds. They could chose to use more common parts between trims. They could have the same grill on all trims, they could use cloth seats in both the XLT and the pro. I know the entire global supply chain is still having difficulty. I know there are a lot of business decisions that we aren't privy to. I don't blame Ford as a business wanting to make the most profit that they can. It doesn't cost them $40k more to make a lariat than it does to make a pro but they are selling it for that and the market is willing to pay that price.
Now, am I disappointed that I'm not getting a BEV truck for $40k as Ford originally advertised? I would be lying if I didn't say I was. Do I really want a lightning? Yes. However, if I am not able to get one at a price that I can afford, my life will continue and honestly not be any different because of it. I will continue on using the vehicle that I already own and my life will still be the same. There are more important things than whether or not I have a new truck.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I think the manufacturing parts for different trim levels is sometimes much different than we imagine. Even if a single item, like that mentioned Pro front 'grill' is not available, then the PRO is not available. I imagine that it's much more than even that, though.
The entire bed module including the tailgate are different on the Pro than the higher trims, compare your Pro's tailgate to a Lariat !!!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
What parts are unique to the pro that aren't also on the ice truck?
Aside from what everyone else has pointed out, look at the rear quarter panels/fenders as they interface with the tailgate, there is HUGE body style distinctions between the Pro and it's fancy siblings.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
The Pro was sold out by wave 3, the XLT was available very briefly and it too sold out.
The information that I had at the time I got my order invite was that if I didn't order, then my reservation would be cancelled. I wasn't going to order a $60k+ truck so I had resigned to not getting one. I see that I got a second email with a reminder to order on Sept 14 and that email specifically says that I needed to order before Sept 30 although it doesn't say my reservation will be lost if not, it does sort of imply that however.
When it let me put in the pro order I figured if I get it I get it, if it gets cancelled or never built, I wasn't going to order another trim anyway.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Aside from what everyone else has pointed out, look at the rear quarter panels/fenders as they interface with the tailgate, there is HUGE body style distinctions between the Pro and it's fancy siblings.
The bodysides on all Lightnings are the same and different from the ICE F150, but the tailgates on the Pro and XLT are straight off the gas truck.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The bodysides on all Lightnings are the same and different from the ICE F150, but the tailgates on the Pro and XLT are straight off the gas truck.
The corners of the left and right rear fenders have a distinct notch on the Lariat & Platinum's which match to the tailgate in the vicinity of the tail lamps. Pro & XLT have special parts that might have been bulk ordered with little wiggle room for planned production.

Speaking of the grand plan, the accountants and production planners anticipate profit from each trim level with the more expensive ones ie. Lariat buyers shouldering the bulk of this goal.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
You needed an invite to order.
Then it doesn't sound like anyone was "gaming the system." It's like trying to order a hot item off Amazon on Black Friday. Sometimes doorbusters go in and out of stock randomly. If there's something I really want and it allows me to order through the website I'm going to complete the purchase ASAP without taking time to seek out official Amazon corporate communication.

I really hope people that ordered the Pro with the glitch don't lose their opportunity to order another trim if their Pro order is canceled.

DetroitHustle

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Consultant
What I find interesting is that if Ford is only planning on selling the '23 MY Pro to customers that extended their reservation, why mess with the pricing twice on it when everyone is price protected at the '22 MY pricing? Sounds like this might be a scare and glitch orders may still be converted, which is why they've tried to bump up the pricing a second time on the Pro after wave 3 opened.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
why mess with the pricing twice on it when everyone is price protected at the '22 MY pricing?
Fleet orders maybe? They may be able to order still.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Ford is going to make a ton of Pro's for MY23. They are just done making them for retail orders. The second price raise brings the Pro's price in line with the rest of the models and it allows Ford to make an extra $5k on every MY23 Pro fleet order.

Once the Silverado EV, CT, and Denali EV start to hit the market...the demand for the Pro will start to taper off a bit as comparable models for similar prices become available. I would say in general people in line for a Lightning Pro care much less about the Ford Brand/Name and just want a capable affordable EV truck.

Ford has said that the majority of reservation holders were new to Ford a new to trucks. These people are going to be more interested in price point, versus the creature comforts they are used to with the brand.

I don't think Ford cared to make a ton of Pro's at the previous price point...it was just for marketing purposes. Now that they have raised the price, I'd imagine they will be allocating more Pro's for MY24.

Until then, they need to get through all the reservations so they can (potentially) start a new business process with ordering and Model E.

pson41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Pro - SR
You can hear the question and answer at 1:55:56 in the video. Personally, I wouldn’t jump to any conclusions based on Tim’s response. Tim is definitely “one of the good ones” when it comes to dealers but I’m not sure he’s 100% familiar with the situation. Just my interpretation after watching 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Last edited:

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
I am cheap and will sacrifice luxury for price. When they want to sell me the cheapest lighting I am game. If they cancel it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it was never mine assuming I get the $600 back we are good. I definitely don’t need a > $50k pickup, innovation will continue and those who can wait longest will get the most benefit.

Converting a classic F1 to EV for $50k, now we are talking!

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Has anyone taken delivery of their "glitch" pro? Was your window sticker at and what was your price when you ordered? Were you able to get both the price protections to bring it down to the $40k base or did you pay based on the $47k base MSRP?

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Has anyone taken delivery of their "glitch" pro? Was your window sticker at and what was your price when you ordered? Were you able to get both the price protections to bring it down to the $40k base or did you pay based on the $47k base MSRP?
I think someone on FB was talking recently about their glitched order, unless that was you.
Sponsored