• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Glitched Pro orders

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I think someone on FB was talking recently about their glitched order, unless that was you.
Reddit, might be me, Facebook probably not. I don't think I'm in any Facebook groups for the lightning.
Sponsored

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It should be the price you ordered at. Mine is 53k but still in production purgatory.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
It should be the price you ordered at. Mine is 53k but still in production purgatory.
I figured that but honestly, I'm going to ask my dealer to look anyway, might as well, maybe they just blanketed every pro order with one. I'm not holding my breath on it. $53 is still good considering the sticker says almost $67.

pson41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Pro - SR
It should be the price you ordered at.
This.

I was a delayed XLT order from ‘22 and changed my mind to Pro - which was sold out when the XLT wave was opened in ‘23
  • Glitch ordered Pro at $52,269
  • Latest Online Oder details show $57,269
  • Window sticker was $65,369
  • Paid $45,269 (+ tax and license fees)

Dealer applied the $7,000 private offer and honored the ordered price via price protection.

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
I figured that but honestly, I'm going to ask my dealer to look anyway, might as well, maybe they just blanketed every pro order with one. I'm not holding my breath on it. $53 is still good considering the sticker says almost $67.
You can call Ford CS and they can easily tell you if you are eligible for the $7k private offer. But if you didn't get invited to order a 2022 and then extended that invite I doubt there will be one available. It is not tied to Pro orders but tied to your personal account. But it wouldn't hurt to call Ford Customer Service.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
You can call Ford CS and they can easily tell you if you are eligible for the $7k private offer. But if you didn't get invited to order a 2022 and then extended that invite I doubt there will be one available. It is not tied to Pro orders but tied to your personal account. But it wouldn't hurt to call Ford Customer Service.
Thanks, I'll give them a call, I asked the Ambassador about delivery and they said that it shows tomorrow through next Wednesday which I was not expecting, I have heard nothing for from my dealership

kstevens

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning PRO, 2015 Nissan Leaf S
So happy to see this thread. I'm in the home stretch of a 'glitched' Pro order as well. Invited to order 10/19/22 and Pro was not available, and much like @astricklin I wasn't going to order anything other than a Pro. Checked the ordering site again on 11/15 for giggles and there was the Pro showing available. I looked around....is this a sick prank?! Went through the process and assumed that at some point it would get cancelled, but dealer submitted the order successfully. That's when it got a little weird:
  • Ordered 11/15 for $58,364 sticker ($51,974 base)
  • Received the order summary confirmation from Ford for that price the same day
  • Less than 24 hrs later, received a revised order summary from Ford that was $5k cheaper. The base price dropped to the pre-August amount ($46,974)
  • Blend date 4/26/23
  • Built notification 5/11/23
  • "Completed" Lightning purchase online last week. Price was still based off the $47k base and of course I hoped that might just trickle through the entire purchase, though wasn't counting on it.
  • Sticker price is $66,464. Dealer is offering an $8100 "discount", which puts me at $58,464 + tax.

Honestly, I wouldn't be pulling the trigger it weren't for the IRA hail-mary in April that kept the full refund. I'm inclined to take it the current discount and quit while I'm ahead, rather than push for an additional $5k off that. I don't think I've got much of a case since as far as I understand it, that $47k base would only apply for pre-August orders, and I ordered in November. Chalking it up to another glitch on top of the original glitch, unless someone here can give me better information.

Amazing timing, but I just got a call from the dealer as I write this, and the truck is on a transporter and will be delivered to the dealer today. Picking up tomorrow! Will post a pic when it's a done deal...

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
So happy to see this thread. I'm in the home stretch of a 'glitched' Pro order as well. Invited to order 10/19/22 and Pro was not available, and much like @astricklin I wasn't going to order anything other than a Pro. Checked the ordering site again on 11/15 for giggles and there was the Pro showing available. I looked around....is this a sick prank?! Went through the process and assumed that at some point it would get cancelled, but dealer submitted the order successfully. That's when it got a little weird:
  • Less than 24 hrs later, received a revised order summary from Ford that was $5k cheaper. The base price dropped to the pre-August amount ($46,974)
  • Blend date 4/26/23
  • "Completed" Lightning purchase online last week. Price was still based off the $47k base and of course I hoped that might just trickle through the entire purchase, though wasn't counting on it.
  • Sticker price is $66,464. Dealer is offering an $8100 "discount", which puts me at $58,464 + tax.

Honestly, I wouldn't be pulling the trigger it weren't for the IRA hail-mary in April that kept the full refund. I'm inclined to take it the current discount and quit while I'm ahead, rather than push for an additional $5k off that. I don't think I've got much of a case since as far as I understand it, that $47k base would only apply for pre-August orders, and I ordered in November. Chalking it up to another glitch on top of the original glitch, unless someone here can give me better information.

Amazing timing, but I just got a call from the dealer as I write this, and the truck is on a transporter and will be delivered to the dealer today. Picking up tomorrow! Will post a pic when it's a done deal...
I really wish we could get the $7500 tax credit up front. It's hard because I know finding another pro is going to be impossible at $50k ish however a used XLT may be getting into the low 50s soon especially if the auto market takes a downward turn.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Spoke with customer service and they don't see any 'incentives' available for me. They said I would have to speak with the dealership for any information on 'price protection'. They checked my order status and said delivery is estimated between 5/26 (tomorrow) and 6/1. The website still shows 'in production' as of 5/5.
This is what I was expecting on the private offer but I figured it would be best to have the information up front before talking to the dealer.

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
  • Blend date 4/26/23

By November when you ordered the base MSRP was $51974 like you said, no idea why the order updated 24 hours later to pre October pricing. Sure would nice to get that extra $5000 but since the $8100 brings you basically to your original order pricing it seems the dealer is doing good.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I really wish we could get the $7500 tax credit up front.
Adjust your subsequent estimated-tax-deposits if self employed or withholdings if you're on wages/salary.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Adjust your subsequent estimated-tax-deposits if self employed or withholdings if you're on wages/salary.
Reading the 45w information, as a small business owner, I believe that I can hold over any un-used tax credit but I've got to double check on this.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Reading the 45w information, as a small business owner, I believe that I can hold over any un-used tax credit but I've got to double check on this.
I don't think so, it's got to be applicable to net income taxes in the year of acquisition, but double check with a CPA to be sure.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired