• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

toll pass sticker issues?

wingfiry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Has anyone had issues with a toll pass sticker not reading on the lightnings? I've got a Peachpass sticker (GA) and it doesn't seem to be reading through the windshield on my Lariat ER.
Sponsored

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Mache GTpe
In the black aeria. That is where it has to be mounted.

wgatkinson

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I had the same issue with my EZPass when I first got the my truck. I had mounted it in the dark area of the windshield. I had to move it to the area that wasn't darkened. This fixed the problem.

Sponsored

Sapper55

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Farmer
I have the PeachPass sticker on my Lightning...I elected the sticker that is placed on the headlight unit and not the windshield. No issues so far

jbw

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
ceo
Has anyone had issues with a toll pass sticker not reading on the lightnings? I've got a Peachpass sticker (GA) and it doesn't seem to be reading through the windshield on my Lariat ER.
i've had that happen in Illinois. seems to be from electronics on front windshield.
i got a transponder that is mounted on front license plate and no problem

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I had the same issue with my EZPass when I first got the my truck. I had mounted it in the dark area of the windshield. I had to move it to the area that wasn't darkened. This fixed the problem.
FYI, the dark area (actually a collection of black paint dots) are called frits. They have nothing to do with electronics or antenna reception. The ones around the rearview mirror serve as glare reduction.

We have several vehicles with TollTags (incl. Mach E and Lightning) and they are all in the rearview frits area with no issue. So it could be other things causing issues but it shouldn't be those paint dots. Our toll authority recommends installing 4" below the windshield away from metal edges.

Reactions: GDN

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
FYI, the dark area (actually a collection of black paint dots) are called frits. They have nothing to do with electronics or antenna reception. The ones around the rearview mirror serve as glare reduction.

We have several vehicles with TollTags (incl. Mach E and Lightning) and they are all in the rearview frits area with no issue. So it could be other things causing issues but it shouldn't be those paint dots. Our toll authority recommends installing 4" below the windshield away from metal edges.
At least as far as the Mach-E is concerned, this isn't correct.

The Mach-E windshield is IRR, infrared reflective, and will NOT allow signals through EXCEPT in the two black areas.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
At least as far as the Mach-E is concerned, this isn't correct.

The Mach-E windshield is IRR, infrared reflective, and will NOT allow signals through EXCEPT in the two black areas.
I was replying to the poster who implied the black areas were the issue. My point is that they are not and that is where we put all our tags including the Mach E.

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
My peach pass is in front of the mirror just below the black area. Works fine.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Can one of you post a picture of your pass mounted where it works fine? Should be receiving my EzPass one any day now and would appreciate seeing where it can be mounted without interfering with all the other systems in the vehicle.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

What I like best about our Tollways here is that they will match license plates to your sticker and bill you that way. So - I don't have my sticker on the window at all. I keep it handy in the console, because it must be read for airport access, but the other booths they'll match the tag. They send a letter once in a while noting that my tag hasn't been read and it may need to be adjusted, but they haven't cut me off. So far I refuse to put that ugly orange and blue sticker on my truck. They have cooler ones, but I'm not paying them $20 for one.

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
Yes I believe it's the same in Florida "sunpass". if you register your tag with your pass it will bill you either way. The transponder would not work on my Tesla model S windshield but the tag reader would make up for it.

OP
OP

wingfiry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
My peach pass is in front of the mirror just below the black area. Works fine.
That's where I have mine currently (pic attached). However, on a FL and NC trip, I got toll violation notices in the mail. I called PeachPass support, and apparently my charges are being logged by Plate pictures and *not* the transceiver.

I've ordered a new sticker and will try mounting in the black area.

Ford F-150 Lightning toll pass sticker issues? 20230818_102526
Sponsored