• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tonneau cover

Marty80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ Lightning Platinum
As a future new owner, looking at tonneau cover for the Lightning. I do like the retrax kind of tonneau as it looks sharp but not sure how well it will hold up in our canadian winter? Any thoughts? Recommendations? Not a big fan of soft top and would like to put crossbars above the tonneau cover as well so have to keep this in mind!
Sponsored

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Damn thing won't roll up and it's so annoying. It also sounds like I'm driving around with plywood sheets of something in the back. Outside of that, I'm happy with it! lol

PrivateJoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER, Telsa MY, 12 Leaf, 18 Leaf
Does anyone have anything that has worked well for them?

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
I have a TruXedo low pro gt soft tonneau cover on my 2011 GMC, which is 12 years old. Im very happy with it. It was easy to install, it can be rolled up quickly and secured at the front of the bed, and it can be removed in about 5 minutes for full bed access. it also has 2 cross bed supports, and adjustable tension to keep it tight. You will have to brush the snow off of it in the winter to keep it from stretching. Below are 2 pictures and a link to the TruXedo website.

TruXedo bed cover for F-150 Lightning

Ford F-150 Lightning Tonneau cover IMG_20200929_1043442

Ford F-150 Lightning Tonneau cover IMG_20201002_1130345

Last edited:

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
i got the ford hard cover from dealer, and it costs me only 90$ across of 3 years of lease as the cover also increase the car residue values

Sponsored

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Military
Does anyone have anything that has worked well for them?
I had a Tri-fold on my 2018 that worked very well. Froze to the tailgate once in a blue.
Thinking I might go with the hard roll up this time around. So I don't lose rear view when open.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I had one on my 2011 f150. I liked it most of the time, but the front section blocked access to part of the bed. I purchased a leer 650m. It is a quad folding hard cover that folds vertically at the front of the bed. It does not touch the cab and it is low enough (tri folds are too tall) that it does not block the brake light or the bed camera (you can still see what is in the bed while driving even though the back window is blocked).

Sponsored

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
We purchased a tri-fold hard cover from Bison on June 9. They have a showroom in Ajax and one in Mississauga, so we were able to see it for ourselves before buying.

Was first looking at their "Hard Tri-fold" model that sells for $599, but we liked the "Flip Back Hard Tri-fold" model better, which goes for $689. They offer free shipping, but buying in person got us free installation, which took less than a half hour. Strength wise, they claim it can support up to 300 pounds.

This can be partly or fully opened as needed, though opening all three sections will block the rear window and the bed camera, but does not block the high brake light. The power liftgate works well with it.
Ford F-150 Lightning Tonneau cover 20230707_205630

Last edited:

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
I ended up buying a TruXedo Pro X 15 soft tonneau cover that i found on Amazon in their Warehouse deals section. It was in perfect condition with all of the hardware was still sealed in plastic. attached is a picture of my lightning with the cover installed and a picture of the logo.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tonneau cover IMG_0006.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning Tonneau cover IMG_0005.JPG
Sponsored