• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trips that generate more electricity than they use possibly reducing range estimates

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I’m been monitoring my driving logs and I noticed that my efficiency was negative on trips where I regenerate more electricity than I used (driving down a hill from my house to the store, for example).

I’m curious if others are experiencing this. This might also explain why the GOM is underreporting and it could explain why the numbers never seem to increase regardless of how well someone drives after the efficiency drops

Ford F-150 Lightning Trips that generate more electricity than they use possibly reducing range estimates 7CA77FA3-6254-44AD-ACFA-1A5A5D2E3DCF

Ford F-150 Lightning Trips that generate more electricity than they use possibly reducing range estimates 0DD03FC3-181D-4A0B-999C-45460BCFD215
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've experienced weird results like you see here, one cause is multiple RUN / STOP with or without foot on brake in quick succession, the counter gets screwed up.

OP
OP

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I've experienced weird results like you see here, one cause is multiple RUN / STOP with or without foot on brake in quick succession, the counter gets screwed up.
Yeah, I agree that’s (or something similar) what’s causing the issue. The concern I’m raising is I think when this happens it’s averaging into the overall stats and penalizing drivers for ending the drive with more juice than they started with.

for example, let’s say we’re expecting 2.3 efficiency and we drive really easy on the throttle and wind up with 4.0 mi/kWh. Then we drive briskly for the same distance and end up with 2.0. That should give us an estimate of 3.0 average. Instead, that first trip is calculating as -1.0 (for example) and the average is 1.0 mi/kWh and that seems to be why no matter how easy someone drives they’re only seeing 180 mile range at 100% on their ERs.
Sponsored