• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Vanity Plates?

Boomerdawg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Regional Director, Field Operations - (Construction)
I think I’m going to get a Tampa Bay Lightning plate- not sure if I’ll custom. Guess need to se what’s available
I really wanted the Lightning tag, but it is limited to 5 characters total versus 7 on the state tag, so I went with "LTNG EV", as I couldn't come up with 5 characters I liked.

Meccanica

Threads
Reaction score
Website
sdturo.com
Vehicles
Lightning, Model S Plaid, 3 & Y, e-Golf
Occupation
Consultant
I'm still waiting for mine to come in but I also have a digital license plate. In order to update the digital plate I actually need to wait for the metal plates to come from the state which is really silly hopefully they'll figure this out soon.

ZEUSGOT

here is what the digital plates look like for those who don't know:
Ford F-150 Lightning Vanity Plates? 38k8eq

Sponsored

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
I live in NH, and we can get vanity Veteran's plates. I have had mine for 11 years since I've lived here. Though lately I think it has taken on a different meaning since I've gone electric, It has been:

FREEDM (Vet plates are limited to 6 characters, so I had to drop a letter somewhere.)

1673843701470.jpeg
I'm in NH as well and when I went to my town hall to register my new Lightning last month, there was someone picking up vanity plates that had one character different than yours. Said he'd been waiting over 8 years for them to become available. Hold on tight to those bad boys.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Here in MI you can't combine letters with three consecutive numbers so for example F150 wouldn't work. O also counts as 0(zero) so replacing it won't trick the system. The closest you can get is FI50 but outlet i-s are visually an I so it doesn't look right.

Variants of Frunk, WTFrunk, pwrfrunk, frunkit, is still available but might not pass review.
Most evtruck combos are taken.

I'm shamelessly thinking about copying the T7501XA plate, I think it's brilliant and I'm not even in the medical field.

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
I'm in NH as well and when I went to my town hall to register my new Lightning last month, there was someone picking up vanity plates that had one character different than yours. Said he'd been waiting over 8 years for them to become available. Hold on tight to those bad boys.
Yes. When I moved to NH I ran so many varieties through the online plate search site and this was the best I could get.

My plates are not going anywhere. I get quite a few compliments on them.

Sponsored

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
We are pretty limited in MA on vanity plates... if I was going to get one for my Lightning, I'd pick from one of these 2 options (but I prefer to have the special EV plates so people actually know I'm driving an EV, and you can't customize those one):

1673704972490.png

(Lightning McQueen from Cars catch phrase!)

1673705002371.png

(Does that even need an explanation? Throw down the lightning bolts!)
I too decided to use the Massachusetts "EV" plates (which, as you said, cannot be customized.)

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
You can’t get vanity plates in general or just not on an EV? The latter would seem very odd.
Maybe the state requires EV's to have an EV plate so that First Responders to an accident (involving and EV) will know what they are dealing with. Supposedly that is the reason why MA came up with an EV plate (althought MA does not REQUIRE that EV owners get an EV plate.)

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
Big UW football fan😉… and FYI, Blitz means Lightning in German

Ford F-150 Lightning Vanity Plates? C19A3C9A-38F6-4450-B398-B88009A878EA
Sponsored

Last edited: