• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 1, has anyone actually placed an order for a Pro?

evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Toyota 4Runner, Sur Ron X electric dirt bike
Given that Ford assumes these will be low volume, are they actually letting anyone order the $40k version? Would love to hear if anyone has been able to or done this so far.
Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Given that Ford assumes these will be low volume, are they actually letting anyone order the $40k version? Would love to hear if anyone has been able to or done this so far.
There is a pinned poll showing what we ordered. Just scroll through that.

OP
OP

evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here's the link to the spreadsheet. 22 out of 69 orders are for Pro. Contrary to Farley's tweet, in our limited sample Pro is the 2nd most popular.
thank you both. Another thing that may swing things in the Pro's favor is that it will require few chips to build. Just in comparison the top trim (Limited) of the Hyundai Ioniq5 is the hardest to get because of the chip shortage so when push comes to shove, I hope Ford will be willing to build more lower spec Lightnings.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
thank you both. Another thing that may swing things in the Pro's favor is that it will require few chips to build. Just in comparison the top trim (Limited) of the Hyundai Ioniq5 is the hardest to get because of the chip shortage so when push comes to shove, I hope Ford will be willing to build more lower spec Lightnings.
Pro ordered. I’m wondering if they will cut off the link to order the Pro like they did with the First Edition Bronco reservations after all of the 7000 were claimed? Hopefully they will see the demand and just build a bunch for everyone who wants one.

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 1, has anyone actually placed an order for a Pro? AF022336-BD73-46E9-BC1E-F98EA950866F

Sponsored
OP
OP

evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I called my local dealer (San Jose, CA). Despite over 640 reservations, they had one one customer get a wave 1 order and were told they will be getting 17-18 trucks for the entire year. My reservation at #86 pretty much means I'm SOL...

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
ordered opening day the PRO Agate Black with Tow pkg, Tow tech, and 9.6kwh upgrade - confirmed, accepted by dealer, waiting on scheduling date for production...

now, I'm also ordering my specialty license plate... but I'll let you know what 'name' I've chosen when I get confirmation

I've also noticed that as of the last several days, the 9.6kwh upgrade is not available as a 'stand alone' option anymore on the PRO, but only added IF you opt for the towing upgrade... looks like that maybe the 'commodities' are already starting to show in 'short supply' for future orders.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Just looked at the build and price tool. The 9.6kw shows as a stand alone option for the Pro on my screen

dannynoone

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Big 3 Automaker Manager
Ordered my Anti-matter blue Pro on 1/6. Only chose one option, $165 bed mat. Can’t wait for it to arrive!

Marshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software
Ordered my Anti-matter blue Pro on 1/6. Only chose one option, $165 bed mat. Can’t wait for it to arrive!
Also ordered an antimatter blue pro with one option, but I chose the tow tech pkg primarily for the 360 cam. The value proposition on the Pro is just unreal, especially considering truck prices lately.

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
Carbonized Grey Pro w/ Tech Towing, Bedliner and 9.6 pro on board @ MSRP on first wave.
Sponsored