• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 6 hopes??? Put me out of misery!

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I Reserved 5-28 only because that was the day I found out about the lightning. I'm not sure how I missed the opening reservation day I'm usually ahead on things like that. Then again a New vehicle was not on my radar, I mean I wanted a new all electric vehicle but had no idea a EV truck was in the works.
I have a 04 Lariat now and can not be without a truck. Had I known day one I would have been at my PC waiting to click.
So put me out of my misery, I'm hoping for a wave 6 order invite but it's not looking good but still hopeful.
Is there any chance for wave 6 for me??
Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 6 hopes??? Put me out of misery! Screenshot_20220207-073703_Chrome
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
It all comes down to your dealer, who else reserved with them, and what their allocations are. Have you called to ask your place in line?

OP
OP
CRAIGC540

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
My original dealer was ADM up 6 and 10 grand so I changed to another one with no ADM. Both my original dealer and the new can't seem to give me that info. Although the new dealer says when I get the email I will be able to order. I did get out of him that 3 guys working there have ordered and they are there prioity picks.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
My original dealer was ADM up 6 and 10 grand so I changed to another one with no ADM. Both my original dealer and the new can't seem to give me that info. Although the new dealer says when I get the email I will be able to order. I did get out of him that 3 guys working there have ordered and they are there prioity picks.
Sounds like your new dealer is taking care of his own. They can tell you where you stand in line, they just do not want to.
If you are hoping for a Wave 5 or 6 invite, I would start calling dealers to see what their allocations are.

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
No one knows, not even your dealer. Ford only knows their manufacturing target for the year. We also don't know how many people canceled because they couldn't get the pro or delayed until 2023 model year. Waiting is the hardest part, but pretty much the only thing you can do right now.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Even if you are not part of the 6th wave invite, you are still in the running for a MY 2023 Lightning that starts production in fall of this year (2022).

You may just end up with a 2023 invite this year.....

I am hoping that's the case for me....

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
I would highly doubt that you'll get a wave 6 invite without prioritization, being 9 days "late", and at a dealer not charging an ADM.

OP
OP
CRAIGC540

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Even if you are not part of the 6th wave invite, you are still in the running for a MY 2023 Lightning that starts production in fall of this year (2022).

You may just end up with a 2023 invite this year.....

I am hoping that's the case for me....

I'm not in a big hurry as my F150 is running and looking good , who knows but we might be changing our minds after the first reviews come out for what ever reason.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
By the looks of things I have been reading from other forums, unless you live in one of the ZEV states, you don't have too much of a chance. A greater percentage of the allocations seem to be going to them.

OP
OP
CRAIGC540

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
By the looks of things I have been reading from other forums, unless you live in one of the ZEV states, you don't have too much of a chance. A greater percentage of the allocations seem to be going to them.
At least I Ave that going for me being in California.

Sponsored

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Ford can simply disclose that the remaining production quota is in whatever trim (probably Platinum). Send invitation e-mails to all reservation holders, but have only that trim available. Once quota is filled, MY 22 is done and dusted. Everyone else gets deferred to MY 23 and can select the trim they want to defer their order for. That will give Ford an idea of what trims the remaining 180,000 or so reservations holders want.

Didn't say this approach is fair, but it is doable, I think.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Ford can simply disclose that the remaining production quota is in whatever trim (probably Platinum). Send invitation e-mails to all reservation holders, but have only that trim available. Once quota is filled, MY 22 is done and dusted. Everyone else gets deferred to MY 23 and can select the trim they want to defer their order for. That will give Ford an idea of what trims the remaining 180,000 or so reservations holders want.

Didn't say this approach is fair, but it is doable, I think.
Why when they can just keep doing waves and address people in the order they have been? If people extend reservations a lot they can shorten the time between waves easily.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
I just saw a billboard for my dealer. They claim something like largest Ford dealer in Texas. Their reply to me was they only will get 7 trucks this MY. I kinda suspect something fishy. I reserved in a few seconds of the web open and I'm 40.
Guess I have to be positive about it. Maybe the 2022's will break down.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Why when they can just keep doing waves and address people in the order they have been? If people extend reservations a lot they can shorten the time between waves easily.
The resumption of wave ordering for MY 23 is the default assumption. The waves can/should be shortened or the quotas per wave increased to account for the projected ramp in production. This status quo scenario with the continued ZEV state prioritization and trim quotas is what one would expect...or at least, that's what I would guess. Having reservation holders select a preferred trim for 2023 deferral provides Ford info on consumer preferences. What Ford decides to do with that information is up to Ford, but I think it is useful information. No scenario is going to please everyone. I do not believe a situation where consumers get to order MY 23 inthe trim they want, in timestamp order, i.e., giving consumers what they want/perhaps expected, profits be damned, is on the cards. Quotas based on what is in the best interest of Ford's shareholders will continue to be the overarching factor that guides Ford's decision making.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
unless you live in one of the ZEV states, you don't have too much of a chance.
I live in a CARB state (aka ZEV). 1st day reservation. Dealer I chose says maybe 2024. I'm 35/25. Dealers determine the delivery, not much relationship to the non-reservation "reservation". Assuming they get 25, my position in '23 would be 15/25 but then dealer will bump that up to 35/25 again. So a No. 19,898 "reservation" becomes a 198,898 "reservation"...to infinity and beyond. Likely have either a Rivian EV or a Silverado EV before that. Only keeping the "reservation" to flip it at this point.

Rivian is pretty much in reservation order. Silverado is purely dealers choice but they tell you that up front.
Sponsored