• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What are you plugging in to your On-Board Power outlets in your Lightning?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Vintage Nintendo featuring Dr. Mario.
Wow, I've never seen a top load NES. Makes me miss my old one. I have no idea what happened to it. I bought the NES Classic for my nostalgia kick. Kiddo's love it. I need to figure out how to load more ROM's on it.

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I plug my trailer in can boondock for a week no problem. 1 mile/KwH= Range 100 miles per charge between 20%-80%
Ford F-150 Lightning What are you plugging in to your On-Board Power outlets in your Lightning? 1703249636444

Ford F-150 Lightning What are you plugging in to your On-Board Power outlets in your Lightning? 1703252994928

I plug my house in if there is a power failure. 3 time so far in 16 months.
Ford F-150 Lightning What are you plugging in to your On-Board Power outlets in your Lightning? 1703249800848

Last edited:

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
- my camper, even while traveling, but also for an overnight where there is NO electricity, nice...
- microwave, in the bed
- coffee maker, in the bed
- toaster, in the bed
- fan, or heater, when overnighting in the bed
- the house, when needed...

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Be careful, that TV exceeds the GVWR of the Lightning.*

* I realize this post is two months old and I think the joke is worth it.😁
Fun fact - new flat screen TVs won’t work with the Duck Hunt game, thus the boat anchor you see here.

LADP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 lightning Lariat
A few weeks ago, I loaded my espresso machine and grinder into the frunk of my 23 ER Lariat and served a bunch of drinks to the weary parents and coaches at a middle school robotics tournament. Pulls roughly 1400W, and running it throughout the day only cost me a few miles of range.

Ford F-150 Lightning What are you plugging in to your On-Board Power outlets in your Lightning? IMG_5409

Ford F-150 Lightning What are you plugging in to your On-Board Power outlets in your Lightning? IMG_5414

Sponsored

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
I am new to EVs and I am anxiously awaiting my Lariat ER build week of 01/09/23. The idea of having so many 120V outlets all over the truck and being able to plug practically anything in is kinda cool. I like to RC (Radio controlled vehicles) and my girlfriend and I like to go to different places with my DJI Mavic 3 Pro Cine Camera Drone and take spectacular 4K aerial photos and video. I fly looking thru a small 6 inch controller screen. I fly kinda far away (even though you're not supposed to fly further than the line-of-sight but that's another thread). I always wondered how much more accurate I could fly up to and around objects while looking at a 32" 4K monitor while in flight. I could much more accurately navigate my UAV. I could also plug in and charge my other batteries instead of using the 12 volt outlet charger.

I also look forward to going camping... the possibilities will be countless! :love:
I tried plugging in my 5 ton log splitter in one of the frunk recepticals but wouldn't handle the startup surge. Truck bed recepticals worked fine so I can split firewood where ever I can drive my lightning to. No more running drop cords anywhere.

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
I plugged in a light on an extension cord so I could see to make some electrical connections with the main breaker to the house turned off. I am adding a sub-panel in the garage for hard wiring my charger.
I've wired a generator receptical to my main service panel through 30 amp breaker so I can turn off my main and connect my lightnings 240 volt receptical to the generator receptical to power my home in an emergency.

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
This may be just the weirdest post, but I've had the truck 5 months and not a single device has been plugged into a single outlet. Never even tested them all.
Going on a year and the closest I've gotten is the wireless charger.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Going on a year and the closest I've gotten is the wireless charger.
Well I'm up to about 18 months now, still nothing plugged in. Yeah - I never "needed" this truck. Nice to drive however, just wish the tech supported the truck better.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Microwave, coffee maker, toaster, phone and laptop chargers, wireless phone charger, electric Tools, a construction LIGHT, extension cords, fans, heaters, etc. Love it!
When we tow the camper, I have it plugged in, too. Nice to arrive with all the electrical amenities already powered, and even a/c, if really needed. The beach is hot!
Sponsored