• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What are you plugging in to your On-Board Power outlets in your Lightning?

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I am new to EVs and I am anxiously awaiting my Lariat ER build week of 01/09/23. The idea of having so many 120V outlets all over the truck and being able to plug practically anything in is kinda cool. I like to RC (Radio controlled vehicles) and my girlfriend and I like to go to different places with my DJI Mavic 3 Pro Cine Camera Drone and take spectacular 4K aerial photos and video. I fly looking thru a small 6 inch controller screen. I fly kinda far away (even though you're not supposed to fly further than the line-of-sight but that's another thread). I always wondered how much more accurate I could fly up to and around objects while looking at a 32" 4K monitor while in flight. I could much more accurately navigate my UAV. I could also plug in and charge my other batteries instead of using the 12 volt outlet charger.

I also look forward to going camping... the possibilities will be countless! :love:
Sponsored

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
At the moment I have a mini fridge up in the Frunk. I plugged in my refrigerator when the power went out, with an extension cord. Also a power saw once.

Sponsored

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
I plugged in a light on an extension cord so I could see to make some electrical connections with the main breaker to the house turned off. I am adding a sub-panel in the garage for hard wiring my charger.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
-Carrying a 1/2" electric corded impact wrench for tire changes.
-Got the Bodega T50 refrigerator/freezer (freezer temperature not that steady, not sure if taking out middle divider if whole unit could be a freezer. I think frozen foods and a microwave (not purchased yet) are the way to go.
-Installed a Reliance "Through the Wall Kit" with a 30A 240Vac extension cord and heavy 120Vac extension cords for inside the house.
-Yep, a heated blanket, and a 750/1500W ceramic heater.
-Hoping to do some astrophotography out in the backcountry. Need to find an easy way to convert all the truck white lights to a muted red for eye sensitivity preservation. How can one temporarily cover lights with red taillight repair tape?

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
I've ben routinely using a welder and plasma cutter plugged into the 240v. Works great.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
occupying space

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
occupying space
Yep, got that! But really want temporary (Velcro?) covers for any bright zone lights. Would be a lotta work for lazy me.
Sponsored