• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Will Ford Allow API Access for the F150 Lightning?

PeregrineEverhart

First Name
Peregrine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A
One valuable resource that I came across during my research is a web link that provides guidance and strategies for writing effective essays. If you're interested in exploring it, you can find it at the following web link. It offers practical advice and techniques that can enhance your essay writing skills.

Now, let's dive into some secrets to help you write an outstanding essay. First and foremost, it's crucial to carefully analyze and understand the essay prompt. Pay attention to the requirements, identify the main themes or questions, and develop a clear thesis statement that captures the essence of your argument.

Another secret to effective essay writing is thorough research. Gather relevant information from reputable sources, such as academic journals, books, or reputable websites. This will provide you with a solid foundation of knowledge and ensure that your essay is well-informed and supported by evidence.

When it comes to structuring your essay, organization is key. Start with an engaging introduction that hooks the reader and clearly presents your thesis statement. Then, break your essay into paragraphs, each focusing on a specific idea or supporting point. Ensure a logical flow between paragraphs, linking your ideas together smoothly.

One often overlooked secret to effective essay writing is the power of revision and editing. Take the time to review your essay, checking for clarity, coherence, and grammar. Make sure your ideas are expressed clearly and concisely, and remove any unnecessary or repetitive content. A well-polished essay can make a significant difference in the overall impact of your writing.

In conclusion, crafting an effective essay requires careful analysis, thorough research, thoughtful organization, and diligent revision. By exploring the web link I mentioned earlier, you can discover additional strategies and tips to enhance your essay writing skills.
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Just the opposite. Ford has suspended access via FordPass for folks that have done just that.

It looks like they are holding this information tight to the chest.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Ya doubtful this will happen with this generation truck, or ever. Best thing to hope for is a better Ford app with more information available.

Remember, Tesla is a software company that is building cars. Ford is an automobile manufacturer that unfortunately has to have software running in its vehicles.

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
This is relevant: https://www.seyfarth.com/news-insig...-expand-access-to-vehicle-generated-data.html

Your vehicle belongs to you, and vehicle manufacturers should not be able to prevent you from using it as you see fit.

It is possible to enable this securely with established standards and technologies. Ford, and other manufacturers have no honest argument for restricting access to existing APIs and systems other than using a thing that doesn't belong to them (your truck) as a business asset. (Accessing their cloud APIs that they pay to host is another story.)

Hopefully eventually this will be a law everywhere. Copyright and copy protection "rights" are artificial privileges granted by our government “to promote the progress of science and useful arts." All we need is to stop providing that privilege in this circumstance.

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
BTW, Ford does expose some of this data to Apple CarPlay apps (a standout feature that Tesla doesn't offer ;)). So it doesn't seem that Ford has some universal philosophy here. It's likely that the engineers and designers and lawyers just aren't all on the same page yet.

Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
There is currently a beta program underway with just a few people to test out API implementation in their apps. It is a very slow process but there is movement

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Ford is lucky to get the very basic commands to work with their own app.

It would be nice if they had solid communications with the truck and opened it up, but they don't have the skills and infrastructure and for sure this generation of hardware in the trucks just can't do it.

It was also noted Ford has shut down what little others have done. Such an old school way of thinking.

One person noted CarPlay and gave it props vs Tesla ignoring it. I am glad CarPlay works in the truck, because once again Ford can't deliver any integration.

I couldn't be happier that Tesla continues to raise their middle finger to it. Thier own integration of calling, texting and their own apps is rock solid. They control the stack. I never miss CarPlay ever in the Tesla. Their shit just works and I have no need for it.

djwildstar

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Information Security
I'm sure a big part of this has to do with lawyers, liability, and corporate image. As a large, established automaker, Ford has a lot to lose (and little to gain) from a "move fast and break things" approach, while Tesla has historically been a market disruptor that in the opposite position. Tesla is maturing as an automaker, and I would expect both internal forces (marketing and customer relations) and external forces (regulation and investors) will gradually change it to be more similar to other large automakers in this regard.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I'm sure a big part of this has to do with lawyers, liability, and corporate image. As a large, established automaker, Ford has a lot to lose (and little to gain) from a "move fast and break things" approach, while Tesla has historically been a market disruptor that in the opposite position. Tesla is maturing as an automaker, and I would expect both internal forces (marketing and customer relations) and external forces (regulation and investors) will gradually change it to be more similar to other large automakers in this regard.
There are a couple of small shifts in Tesla, starting some advertising, but otherwise I think it is just the opposite. The legacy guys will have to shift or find themselves out. Tesla will be the new standard.
Sponsored