• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What is the maximum speed for the F150 Lightning?

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Like others, power on my Lightning cuts at 107.
Sponsored

Storm Breaker

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
truck driver
im sorry...107 is too low. i need atleat 120. every car or truck i have ever owned i chipped and got to 120-125 often. my g8 gt i got up to 141 and could cruise at 120.

Dave Glover

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
I can tell you for a fact that my Lariat ER has a hard governor at 106 mph as indicated by the speedometer. Not sure why the odd number but that's what it is even going down hill.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I can tell you for a fact that my Lariat ER has a hard governor at 106 mph as indicated by the speedometer. Not sure why the odd number but that's what it is even going down hill.
The tires are very likely the limit.

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
It's ~170kmph which is a bit rounder of a number, but I wonder if it's more about rotational velocity limit of something between motor and wheel. An interesting test would be to see if the limit holds to 106 if someone puts much bigger or smaller tires on and recalibrates their speedo, or if it adjust in relation to the tire size.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
It's ~170kmph which is a bit rounder of a number, but I wonder if it's more about rotational velocity limit of something between motor and wheel. An interesting test would be to see if the limit holds to 106 if someone puts much bigger or smaller tires on and recalibrates their speedo, or if it adjust in relation to the tire size.
Might be a carryover from the ICE truck. They limit the speed mostly because of the drive shaft.

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Maybe not. If it’s dropped from an airplane, it would probably max out at 150 or less. Terminal velocity comes into play, 😎
Ford F-150 Lightning What is the maximum speed for the F150 Lightning? IMG_8633

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Mine does at least 155kph, like easy when I'm passing people. 50kmh over the speed limit will get your license suspended and vehicle impounded in Ontario so I watch the speed like a hawk and know my limit to avoid costly fines.
The truck feels like it could do 200kmh as there is no loss of power when overtaking.

OP
OP

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Mine does at least 155kph, like easy when I'm passing people. 50kmh over the speed limit will get your license suspended and vehicle impounded in Ontario so I watch the speed like a hawk and know my limit to avoid costly fines.
The truck feels like it could do 200kmh as there is no loss of power when overtaking.
155 kph is only 96 mph, that’s hardly breaking the speed limit in Texas.

Sponsored

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
I did not read the four pages. Just saying speedo only goes to 120. So I would guess less. My car and bike top out at 168. Verified.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I agree with others are saying, and mechanical limits are to be taken into account... along with air coefficient, types of tires, etc. I believe we are definitely capable of more speed, and hope that one day there would be a tuner that would test and remove the governor. A "track mode" would be good too.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I learned yesterday that my truck speed governs out at 106 MPH. I was doing about 80 MPH on the highway, in the fast lane and I see a Dodge Challenger thinking that he's going to overtake me while a car was in the next lane, so I accelerated and he saw how quickly I launched, he instantly fell back in line ha ha ha. I really didn't notice that I was going so fast, so quickly. The torque quickly fell off, almost like someone had lassoed my truck! The torque is insane.... until you max out at 106 lol.

In 11,000 miles, I'd never went that fast in the Lightning, until yesterday. :cool:
Sponsored

Last edited: