• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wind noise?

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
How is the wind (or road) noise in your F150L? For some reason, I think my 2021 F150 Lariat PowerBoost was quieter going down the highway.
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Mine is a bit quieter than my '21 Powerboost was. It still has the 45-50Mph wind 'rattle' though just like the last 4 F-150's I've owned. I'm used to it now. It's that little rattling wind noise that sounds like it's something that's flapping or jiggling just outside the driver's door. It goes away above 50Mph though. I think it's turbulence around the mirror, but not really sure.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Mine is a bit quieter than my '21 Powerboost was. It still has the 45-50Mph wind 'rattle' though just like the last 4 F-150's I've owned. I'm used to it now. It's that little rattling wind noise that sounds like it's something that's flapping or jiggling just outside the driver's door. It goes away above 50Mph though. I think it's turbulence around the mirror, but not really sure.
Fold the mirrors and see if it goes away!

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
I have some wind noise at highway speeds on the driver door, I think there is a small gap where air must be getting through. It bugs me. I need to investigate further and compare driver and passenger sides to see if it's actually more pronounced on driver side as I think it is.

Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I don't notice any stray air getting in on the highway. It's not dead silent, but I think it's a bit quieter than my Model S.

SilverBrewer

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I’m taking mine to the dealer for this today. My last 5 F-150s have had some degree of this but this one by far seems to the most annoying.

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
I heard wind noise and then I found out it was coming out of the headrest if I had the seat a/c on :LOL:
When they're cranked up and you lean away from the seat there's a real whirlwind!

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
I heard wind noise and then I found out it was coming out of the headrest if I had the seat a/c on :LOL:
yeah, the ventilated seats are super loud - I suspect in the ICE F-150 it's not noticeable but the Lightning is quiet enough that it's really noticeable.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Mine is insulated with sound deadening material in all-4-doors and entire rear cabin area. It's 'awesomely' quiet. It was quiet to begin with, but I like working on it, and I can't change the oil or anything, so I'm looking for projects :) . I don't think there is a way to quiet the wind on the windows, maybe some of those window deflectors? I don't know, I may try some, if I find some that are slick.
Sponsored