• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

XLT OEM Bed Lights Install

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro, Tesla Model Y Performance
Update on my 22 Pro. It is working no problems. Installed the lights and enabled the options from FORscan.

Ford F-150 Lightning XLT OEM Bed Lights Install 1676220242290
Sponsored

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Never used the Ford harness plugs before so I messed up the driver's side a bit, including one of the black pieces that holds the wire to the truck for my pro power. I'd suggest if you are like me, do the passenger side first so you know how you should get the dummy plug out easier.

Now on to learn about forscan.

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Never used the Ford harness plugs before so I messed up the driver's side a bit, including one of the black pieces that holds the wire to the truck for my pro power. I'd suggest if you are like me, do the passenger side first so you know how you should get the dummy plug out easier.

Now on to learn about forscan.
Passenger side was really easy. I also struggled with the driver's side. It was also blocked by another cable but eventually figured it out.

timwren

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I’m in the same camp of the mod not working. I have a 23 Pro with all of the options available so maybe that is it? I checked the connections but everything looks good. @BennyTheBeaver it may be the FORScan version? Mine is 2.3.51 test 20230203. All of the success seems to be from the first people trying it. I see it in zone lighting but the button doesn’t toggle it on/off and neither does zone lighting.
It was user error as I only enabled the bed lamp and not the other two options. Once done it all works (well other than the switch which I broke trying to reconfirm all my plugs. ).

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
Update on my 22 Pro. It is working no problems. Installed the lights and enabled the options from FORscan.

1676220242290.png
Cool, another 22 pro owner here.

Out of curiosity does it show or let you control it from the app thru zone lighting (I don't see any lighting options in the app currently but i did just pickup the vehicle the other day) or is it just the new switches in the truck?

Sponsored

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cool, another 22 pro owner here.

Out of curiosity does it show or let you control it from the app thru zone lighting (I don't see any lighting options in the app currently but i did just pickup the vehicle the other day) or is it just the new switches in the truck?
Zone lighting doesn't seem to be working yet. I am trying to make that work but at this point it only works from the switch. I think this only works on the 23 Pros with the zone lighting.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Zone lighting doesn't seem to be working yet. I am trying to make that work but at this point it only works from the switch. I think this only works on the 23 Pros with the zone lighting.
According to the order guide Zone Lighting (for the Pro) was added in 2023.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I am hoping there is a way to enable this on the 22
There might be a way to enable it so the truck GUI can use it, but if it is limited by model year the app probably won't support it.

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
There might be a way to enable it so the truck GUI can use it, but if it is limited by model year the app probably won't support it.
yeah it wouldn't surprise me either way. depends how much spaghetti code is in the APP (if its purely MY its not like some 22's don't have zone lighting its pros) I would bet if you could control it from vehicle as zone lighting app could possibly be made to support it.

In any case for MY22's I view this as a good option still if you can control it from standard buttons, and we just don't get the bonus feature of zone lighting.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
yeah it wouldn't surprise me either way. depends how much spaghetti code is in the APP (if its purely MY its not like some 22's don't have zone lighting its pros) I would bet if you could control it from vehicle as zone lighting app could possibly be made to support it.

In any case for MY22's I view this as a good option still if you can control it from standard buttons, and we just don't get the bonus feature of zone lighting.
Without zone lighting it can be turned on and off via the newly installed switch, and I think also the cargo bed light physical button in the truck (next to headlamp selector).

hipchecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I world highly recommend the OEM parts. The LED color matches the rest of the truck perfectly. You are not saving much money by trying to go generic, below was my invoice.

Not to mention Zone Lighting integration, built in switch.

Screenshot_20230126_194208_Outlook.jpg
This is great great, thank you for posting. I have a 23' Pro with ZL and will do this. Question - did you install the switch too (someone posted without it). If you did, do the lights go on automatically with ZL (ie you don't need to click the switch)? And, if you want to turn the bed lights on from the back, does the switch work or do you need to enable the ZL first (negating the switch)?

Reactions: s_c

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
This is great great, thank you for posting. I have a 23' Pro with ZL and will do this. Question - did you install the switch too (someone posted without it). If you did, do the lights go on automatically with ZL (ie you don't need to click the switch)? And, if you want to turn the bed lights on from the back, does the switch work or do you need to enable the ZL first (negating the switch)?
Yes, I installed the switch. The lights go on with ZL, no switch press needed. The switch works independently and the lights fade off when pressed to turn off.

Reactions: s_c

Acacia1731

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lightning pro
I took a chance on this set for only $16. The quality feels good and the color seems to match the other LED's just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081S85YGJ

I initially missed that there are 3 lines to update in Forscan. Once I figured that out the bed lights started working, both with the button in the bed and/or with the exterior lighting button by the headlight switch. I don't see any new menu options on my screen though. (2022 Pro model without zone lighting.)

Last edited:

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I took a chance on this set for only $16. The quality feels good and the color seems to match the other LED's just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081S85YGJ

I initially missed that there are 3 lines to update in Forscan. Once I figured that out the bed lights started working, both with the button in the bed and/or with the exterior lighting button by the headlight switch. I don't see any new menu options on my screen though. 2022 Pro model.
I used Amazon color changing lights. Nothing extra in menu other than they come on with zone lighting if equipped
Sponsored