• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

XLT OEM Bed Lights Install

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
I followed the OP instructions exactly and have had no issues on my MY23 Pro with Tow Tech.
As my user name points out, I have no options. I’ve heard a lot of Pro owners talk about tow tech. Maybe that’s the key here??
I do need to dig in to Forscan a bit and see if anything obvious sticks out.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
My XLT has no options, so it doesn’t have to do with that. Why don’t you upload pictures of the settings you are changing as well as the plug connections so we can try to help.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
My XLT has no options, so it doesn’t have to do with that. Why don’t you upload pictures of the settings you are changing as well as the plug connections so we can try to help.
Cheers Blochead. Very much appreciate the offer. I'll grab some pictures and screenshots from FORScan later today.

LightningProAval

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
I very much appreciate it as well....I would love to get my bed lights working as well.

OP
OP

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Can someone with a 22 pro who did this upgrade send me their vin. I’m trying to take a look to see why the 23 pro’s don’t like this mod.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Can someone with a 22 pro who did this upgrade send me their vin. I’m trying to take a look to see why the 23 pro’s don’t like this mod.
My 23 Pro likes it just fine.

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
I wonder if its a tow tech package vs. no tow tech package thing?

OP
OP

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
It’s possible that Ford removed something physical from the build that used to be included regardless of the package ordered. Like I said above I don’t have the tow tech pkg either.

Sponsored

timwren

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I’m in the same camp of the mod not working. I have a 23 Pro with all of the options available so maybe that is it? I checked the connections but everything looks good. @BennyTheBeaver it may be the FORScan version? Mine is 2.3.51 test 20230203. All of the success seems to be from the first people trying it. I see it in zone lighting but the button doesn’t toggle it on/off and neither does zone lighting.

LightningProAval

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
I’m in the same camp of the mod not working. I have a 23 Pro with all of the options available so maybe that is it? I checked the connections but everything looks good. @BennyTheBeaver it may be the FORScan version? Mine is 2.3.51 test 20230203. All of the success seems to be from the first people trying it. I see it in zone lighting but the button doesn’t toggle it on/off and neither does zone lighting.
By any chance does your cargo light button not work ( left of steering wheel)?

timwren

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
By any chance does your cargo light button not work ( left of steering wheel)?
They work on mine; hopefully we find the common thread. Very anticlimactic to install all of that stuff (had to cut through my bedrug which added to the fun) and not have it work.

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Got the lights and switch installed today but haven’t done the software. The switch turns the light up on the cab on.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Got the lights and switch installed today but haven’t done the software. The switch turns the light up on the cab on.
The you’re good to go. Mine did that at first and then soon as I enabled bed lighting the switch turn them all on.
Sponsored