• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Your thoughts? From Ford: "Join Sustainable Charging to Help Change The Carbon Footprint"

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Just received from Ford.
What are your thoughts on why one should join this data collection option ?
Does it help Ford or someone else ?

Ford F-150 Lightning Your thoughts? From Ford: "Join Sustainable Charging to Help Change The Carbon Footprint" Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 6.51.06 AM
Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Ford probably doesn’t want to know about my high carbon electricity. The coal fired plant is about 20 miles away.

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
Love the verbiage “opt in to the complimentary Ford sustainable Charging program” They will definitely snare some environmentalist with that line. Quote by Ted Hughes: "Nothing is free. Everything has to be paid for...."

Sponsored
OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Anyone notice the photo shows a Mustang Mach E instead of a Lightning ?

That's a VERY sore subject for me !

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
After not getting the same email today, I looked up the Ford Sustainable Charging program.

I think what Ford will be collecting is the dates, times and amount of your vehicle home charging. Ford will use that information with the State of California to help derive the "source" of the electricity used to charge it.

I’m trying to determine if the location of your charging matters in this data collection. After all if the grid is completely connected then it shouldn’t on a macro level. But maybe it theoretically could?

I suspect there is an incentive program for Ford offered by California to collect and report the data to help determine the greenness of the electricity being used for home charging.
Ford F-150 Lightning Your thoughts? From Ford: "Join Sustainable Charging to Help Change The Carbon Footprint" 1682380536943
Sponsored

Last edited: