• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

805Badger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model X
I’ll be doing all the things with this ASAP! Rushing back to Colorado now - keep an eye on Motoring / Reviews / Overlanding / One Lap channels for all the goods. If you have any requests drop them here and I’ll answer all questions at the end of our time with the truck

Do your thang and do what you did with the Rivian demo videos and I'll be glued to your channel(s).... again
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
You can save yourself 30 minutes, nothing new there at all. The regurgitation just for views is getting old. Thank you Youtube for at least having 2x playback speed and skip ahead.
Pretty much what most of these Youtube videos are. I rarely watch them, and block threads that seem to just promote Youtube videos.

"Watch me open the frunk".

Yeah, mesmerizing.

Reactions: GDN

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
A drag race is of course necessary (even if we know the winner).

what about a tug of war?

Would love to see a real world cargo comparison (how much stuff can you really fit in each, under a tonneau (bigger bed and frunk vs. extra gear tunnel)

Efficiency and range comparisons

Nav system comparison - who does a better job routing (using the built in systems - Android Auto / Apple carplay give the Lightning an unfair advantage)

Park side by side and have passers-by say which is their favorite.
Sadly I think our Lightning might come out second best in a lot of those categories! It will win in cargo though and that's why I'm getting one, I need a full size truck. If I had the extra $ I'd buy the Rivian as my weekend/non work truck

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
@OutofSpecKyle

Would love to just focus on real-world applications.

Don't care which is faster, both are too fast already. Or, a tug of war -- Sorry Sotek :p

Real-world applications:

1. Which is most comfortable for a group of 4 (and 5). Is the F150 notably better...

2. Range applications:

Would love to see how efficiency drops @ different highway speeds:

70-75-80 and compare between the two.

Tonneau cover open vs. closed for rivian (can extrpolate to F150 or do them side by side).

3. if you can get your hands on a hardtop for the F150 would have interest in range there.

4. Bed size comparisons: Anything that is just too difficult to haul w/ the Rivian 4 ft bed. Find some furniture to haul :)

5. limit of f150 in off-roading; go up a trail and see when the F150 can go no longer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
When I get my Lightning I'm going to have to post a video of myself emerging from the Mega Power Frunk. It's in the purchase contract.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
When I get my Lightning I'm going to have to post a video of myself emerging from the Mega Power Frunk. It's in the purchase contract.
Don't forget to hold your arms open as wide as you can with your fingertips spread apart.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I'M HERE WITH THE NEW FORD EFFFF ONE FIDDY LIGHTNING

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
You have to do it for 12 months, "It's something Ford makes us do for high demand vehicles."

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Oh yeah. I'm going to be included in "Wave 7". But I don't think I will be able to submit my order until next week.
Me too. Waiting, waiting, waiting for that email... <fingers crossed>

OutofSpecKyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi e-tron, Winnebago Revel
Occupation
YouTuber
Ford F-150 Lightning Out of Spec has Lightning loaner… 39C084EB-0C1F-443D-B765-08CE30AB31AE

I start working with it now! No sleep for me for the next couple of weeks. Hope to answer all of your questions and some. ⚡

Attachments

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Too bad it is such a premium version, as I have a XLT 312A SR on order.
-Any useable space behind rear seats? I bet the B&O sound system has an Amp there?
-What is the bed sag & ride with a ton of cargo in the bed?
-Would the warranty be invalidated if that overload shows in the data log kept by the truck?
-What sort of data logging is being done by Ford?
-How does a max load in the frunk change things?
-How do various speeds & loads change kW per mile usage?
-Measure heat coming through panoramic roof glass, and compare to other glass used in vehicles.
-How fast does the vehicle heat up with roof open or closed?
-Where are 12Vdc battery jumper connections, when would that be needed for the Lightning, and would it be a good idea to offer jumps to others?
-What are maintenance items, how often scheduled?
-Is a screen protector needed?
-Ergonomics of screen vs climate & audio buttons on lower trims? Any science on this?
-I would like to sleep in the 5.5 foot bed with it closed under under a camper shell topper. How can folks taller than 5’6” deal with that?
-How could the truck bed camera work with a camper shell? How could the trailer camera connection with the tow technology package be used back inside the bed?
-Do all the cameras work at all speeds?
Sponsored

Last edited: