• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Phone as a Key issue

gschom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Updates. It's all about module updates.

My PAAK works and I've got a 9 May build date.
But this is only because you've used FDRS to push the updates, right? I'm a 7/22 build date and in the same boat as everyone else - anxiously waiting for an official update to enable this.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
But this is only because you've used FDRS to push the updates, right? I'm a 7/22 build date and in the same boat as everyone else - anxiously waiting for an official update to enable this.
Yes I've used FDRS. And those are official updates. It's not like it's 'bootleg'..

What you all are waiting for is an OTA of the same things that are already available for your dealer techs to install.

Send me your VIN and I'll show you what's available now for your truck.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Updates. It's all about module updates.

My PAAK works and I've got a 9 May build date.
Correct - Mr. FDRS - :)

I just picked my truck up after being in the shop another 7 days. I asked 3 different ways to get them to at least check FDRS and do the updates - at least for the wireless pad (WCAM I think it is) - they wouldn't touch it with every excuse there was. I believe they had to have FDRS hooked up to force the B A/C unit on - but they are so backward and have no desire to do anything extra for the customer. They wouldn't update my modules.

Edit - I'd love to know what they did do in FDRS and what modules are now waiting - 1FTVW1EV3NWG03253

Thank you.

Last edited:

gschom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Platinum
DM sent.

Sorry, I didn't mean to say the updates are hacked or anything. I just don't understand why they aren't rolling out if they're available. Ford may know something we don't.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
DM sent.

Sorry, I didn't mean to say the updates are hacked or anything. I just don't understand why they aren't rolling out if they're available. Ford may know something we don't.
There is another forum - the F150gen14 forum we were split off of that has a HUGE FDRS and Forscan thread. Truth be known we just might be getting close to some new updates.

I don't know how long it will take them but the 2021/2022 ICE trucks that have been a huge mess for a long while just started getting some new updates. One of them is 6 GB in size.

They are getting the new "unreal" rendering engine and a new startup sequence file and Alexa. Many of them had never seen it, but we have all of those in our trucks since day 1. It is speculated that all 2021/2022 F150's including the Lightning are just about on the same code base. That is what leads me to believe we might now start to all get new stuff across the board that takes us to the next level including PAAK.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
DM sent.

I truly think they've had more than they can handle with the ICE trucks. I note in my other post, I hope and think that debacle is almost behind them, so maybe they will roll these other modules out - at least the ones they can OTA.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
They aren’t rolling crap out for the F-150 Lightning, meanwhile the Mach-E just received another update yesterday.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Correct - Mr. FDRS - :)

I just picked my truck up after being in the shop another 7 days. I asked 3 different ways to get them to at least check FDRS and do the updates - at least for the wireless pad (WCAM I think it is) - they wouldn't touch it with every excuse there was. I believe they had to have FDRS hooked up to force the B A/C unit on - but they are so backward and have no desire to do anything extra for the customer. They wouldn't update my modules.

Edit - I'd love to know what they did do in FDRS and what modules are now waiting - 1FTVW1EV3NWG03253

Thank you.
Well here's the list as it stands now:
Ford F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key issue 1FTVW1EV3NWG03253-12-Oct-22

Mike

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I had to go with a sad icon to see that list, but a huge thank you for checking.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I would be on the FDRS train, but the dang Mongoose connector has taken a huge jump - about $500 now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had to go with a sad icon to see that list, but a huge thank you for checking.
Well I certainly understand. They didn't do any programming but they did a lot of reading up on the HVAC system and doing pinpoint testing of the electrical outlets.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh and there are some updates that cannot be currently updated by an OTA. The GSM, WACM, and DSP are three that come to mind.

So gearshift module, wireless charging pad, and audio digital signal processor have to be done using FDRS. There are more, but those are the three that come up the most often.

Mike

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
So for the update for the items that do not come OTA? What is the pathway for those. Does it come like a recall that sends us to a dealer?

Well you need to tell them!

So post a message to @Ford Motor Company and say...
I_want_my_OTA.gif

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Our 3 week old Lightning already got one OTA on the 6th. It says it's to prepare for other coming updates.

The First Mach E we got, Jan, 21 build date, took a while before updates started rolling in. Blue Cruise was finally added the week we traded for our 22 GT. So they'll come, just be patient.
My aunt has no roof on her home in Englewood Florida so my complaints on Updates or Paak are minor in comparison.
Sponsored