• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Phone as a Key issue

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
mid sept build. 428 sync version. No PAAK. I picked it up today.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: GDN

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
odd, I have a 7/25 build week also, and as soon as I linked the phone to the car via bluetooth, the first screen the popped up was to set up phone as a key, then the backup start code and door key. Strange it's not working for everyone. Wonder if it's a hardware issue and not just software?

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Where’s muh PAAK!?

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
@Ford Motor Company can we please have a formal PAAK clarification on when this is expected? It was a feature that I looked for and purchased.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Well here's the list as it stands now:
1FTVW1EV3NWG03253-12-Oct-22.png

Mike
Mike - would you check my VIN again? I have received 3.5.3 and 3.5.4 the last couple of days. I'm curious if either of those applied any of these updates. Thank you.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I’m am starting to wonder how many of these updates, including PAAK will be done at the dealership when you go in for service. Basically @Ford Motor Company forcing some of us to go into service, pay our fee and get an update without telling us we are paying for an update.

I am due for the 10k service, I am itching to schedule it and see if any updates come from that appointment.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Where can you see the sync version?

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
I took mine in for service this week and asked if there were any updates. Two showed up. One for bluecruise and one general update. They didn't have time to complete that day and wanted me to schedule a time to come in. They said both updates would take a couple of hours to complete. I asked if they would come in the power up updates and he said no this needed to be done at the dealership.

I’m am starting to wonder how many of these updates, including PAAK will be done at the dealership when you go in for service. Basically @Ford Motor Company forcing some of us to go into service, pay our fee and get an update without telling us we are paying for an update.

I am due for the 10k service, I am itching to schedule it and see if any updates come from that appointment.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Where can you see the sync version?
Under Truck, Settings, General button, expand the chevron "About Sync"

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key issue 1666368922106

Unfortunately the Power Up version only appears for a few days under Truck, Settings Software Update, Update Details for a few days after the update has processed. It would be nice for them to leave a current version listed
Ford F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key issue 1666369057554

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

That is an interesting thought, but you can rest assured, I'll invest my money in my own Mongoose adapter and FDRS before paying a dealer to do it. It is the only way to really get it done right and when it is needed.

It's a different concept, but truly there is NO service these trucks should need for thousands and thousands of miles. If there is a SW/firmware update and Ford doesn't push it to us, then shame on Ford for saying that the customer means nothing to them after the sale. There is no reason they don't deliver the best experience they can by keeping the SW up to date.

Tesla has formally said there is no such thing as needed service. It is nothing more than a cash cow revenue stream for the dealerships.

When my truck was in for problems and DTC's I asked multiple times to have some of the modules updated. I'm starting to wonder if my service advisor even noted them or asked the mechanic, but they were worthless. Only standing by the sorry story that just because they are in FDRS doesn't mean they are for my truck and Ford had issued no directive to install them.

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Mike - would you check my VIN again? I have received 3.5.3 and 3.5.4 the last couple of days. I'm curious if either of those applied any of these updates. Thank you.
Here's the list as of now:
Ford F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key issue 1FTVW1EV3NWG03253-21-Oct-22

The BCM/FHCM pair showed up the same day (8 Oct).

I think you're waiting for that RFA update for PAAK to be enabled. At least that's what it took for it to work on mine.

Mike

gschom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Platinum
1FTVW1EV3NWG03253-21-Oct-22.png

I think you're waiting for that RFA update for PAAK to be enabled. At least that's what it took for it to work on mine.

Mike
With the Mach-E, I've heard of updates showing up in FDRS that weren't actually compatible with the car and could cause issues if installed. Is that something we need to worry about with the Lightning too?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
1FTVW1EV3NWG03253-21-Oct-22.png

Mike
Thank you - correct on RFA, hoping they get to that soon. I also was curious what modules might have been applied/updated with these last 2 releases 3.5.3 and 3.5.4.

10 days ago on the 12th I had 9 updates and today I only have 8. The APIM has been updated and it is no longer in the list. The other 8 remain the same. RFA as you note is the PAAK and unfortunately there is at least one WACM - the update for the phone charger that can't be done OTA.

Hoping all of those others get wrapped into an upgrade soon. Only time will tell.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Thank you - correct on RFA, hoping they get to that soon. I also was curious what modules might have been applied/updated with these last 2 releases 3.5.3 and 3.5.4.

10 days ago on the 12th I had 9 updates and today I only have 8. The APIM has been updated and it is no longer in the list. The other 8 remain the same. RFA as you note is the PAAK and unfortunately there is at least one WACM - the update for the phone charger that can't be done OTA.

Hoping all of those others get wrapped into an upgrade soon. Only time will tell.
The next time I spring for the $23 to get a PTS subscription for 72 hours I'll do a screengrab of my Lightning's OTA dashboard. It shows the powerup versions as well as the module(s?) that got updated by that OTA.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
The next time I spring for the $23 to get a PTS subscription for 72 hours I'll do a screengrab of my Lightning's OTA dashboard. It shows the powerup versions as well as the module(s?) that got updated by that OTA.
But only for the last 60 days
Sponsored