• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Set Up Phone as Key Issue

LightningB514

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
I purchased a used Lightning Lariat last month and the truck has been great!
However, I haven’t been able to setup the phone as key feature. I had trouble connecting my phone to the FordPass until I watched a YouTube video about resetting the modem by unplugging and replugging battery in frunk.
When I go into the FordPass to setup key it won’t connect to the vehicle.
I’ve tried removing all keys in the settings but it’s greyed out and I’ve even done a full reset. I then have to reconnect all the phone features. Still won’t connect to vehicle in key setup.
I wanted to see if anyone has had a similar issue and if they have been able to resolve it.
Sponsored

Wattsgas

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F250
I had a similar issue with mine, until I received a software update.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I purchased a used Lightning Lariat last month and the truck has been great!
However, I haven’t been able to setup the phone as key feature. I had trouble connecting my phone to the FordPass until I watched a YouTube video about resetting the modem by unplugging and replugging battery in frunk.
When I go into the FordPass to setup key it won’t connect to the vehicle.
I’ve tried removing all keys in the settings but it’s greyed out and I’ve even done a full reset. I then have to reconnect all the phone features. Still won’t connect to vehicle in key setup.
I wanted to see if anyone has had a similar issue and if they have been able to resolve it.
Have somebody check your VIN to see if there's a RFA update available for your truck.

OP
OP

LightningB514

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Have somebody check your VIN to see if there's a RFA update available for your truck.
Interesting. Who do I ask? My local Ford Dealership? Will they be able to look it up if I call them?

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Interesting. Who do I ask? My local Ford Dealership? Will they be able to look it up if I call them?
Yes, they are able to see what updates are outstanding. Their being willing is all together a different question. Some will and some won’t.

There are a couple of fellow forum members that have access, however I don’t recall their handles. Hopefully one of them will scan your post and give you a shoutout.

Good Luck.

Edit: Found one! @MickeyAO , can you help our friend out here?

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

LightningB514

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Yes, they are able to see what updates are outstanding. Their being willing is all together a different question. Some will and some won’t.

There are a couple of fellow forum members that have access, however I don’t recall their handles. Hopefully one of them will scan your post and give you a shoutout.

Good Luck.

Edit: Found one! @MickeyAO , can you help our friend out here?
You guys are awesome! I will message him! Thanks!