• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

joesrepsol

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Solutions Engineer
It's ready. Tire shop guys said the front "barely" rubs on the forward crash bars. only at absolute full steering lock. Just the tiniest ever on the outside thread block of the tire. Going to pick it up now and see what I can do, but leaning towards just removing those front crash bars later tonight. More to come!!!

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Trying to figure out why there would be any rubbing, even if very slight. With the 2" lift in front and the tires only being less than an inch wider than stock tires and exactly 1" larger in diameter... Is the clearance that ridiculously tight to begin with on the stock tires? Hmmm... What's the offset of the new wheels?

I think it all looks great, BTW.

OP
OP

joesrepsol

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Engineer
Update: I only had to trim a little bit of plastic from the lower valance and had a notch off the corners of these black plastic pieces on the back of the front fender going to the side steps. No rubbing whatsoever. Full turns both ways
Ford F-150 Lightning ReadyLift 2" level, Fuel Rebel 20x9 (et +1), and Nitto Recon Grappler 295/60r20 5526DACB-F880-431A-AA0B-B75FCB22F04E
Ford F-150 Lightning ReadyLift 2" level, Fuel Rebel 20x9 (et +1), and Nitto Recon Grappler 295/60r20 2DA6E9C6-FC17-4AEB-8DA6-6627948FCE98

Sponsored
OP
OP

joesrepsol

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Engineer
Trying to figure out why there would be any rubbing, even if very slight. With the 2" lift in front and the tires only being less than an inch wider than stock tires and exactly 1" larger in diameter... Is the clearance that ridiculously tight to begin with on the stock tires? Hmmm... What's the offset of the new wheels?

I think it all looks great, BTW.
20x9. Offset is +1

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
20x9. Offset is +1
Yep. I guess I could see it right there in your pictures with the amount of protrusion past the wheel wells. Looks like you didn't have to do much to fix the rubbing. Will be curious to see what the range impact is like. I'm wanting to do something similar but don't know how much range I can sacrifice...

OP
OP

joesrepsol

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Engineer
I must say… the readylift 2” seems to ride great. Surprised really. Truck is a little firmer from the tires. Shop put 46 psi. Not sure if that is too high. Just getting a feel for it.
Headlights seem to auto level just fine and blue cruise appears perfectly fine as well. Not issues! Pretty happy over all.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I must say… the readylift 2” seems to ride great. Surprised really. Truck is a little firmer from the tires. Shop put 46 psi. Not sure if that is too high. Just getting a feel for it.
Headlights seem to auto level just fine and blue cruise appears perfectly fine as well. Not issues! Pretty happy over all.
46 might be a little bit too high, stock is 42 psi. Maybe 44 would be a good compromise? Maybe even stock PSI.

Sponsored
OP
OP

joesrepsol

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Engineer
PSI update:
Settled on 45psi at the moment. Ride seems great..

Ride Quality:
Wider/Nobby tires ride impressively smooth. Good job Nitto!!

only thing I’ve noticed is when I punch it (100%) the truck jumps a little left and right suddenly. Like a front wheel drive car would. Maybe it’s peeling out/slipping and this is normal, just something I noticed.

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
Love the recon grapplers. I have them on my F250. Excellent do it all tire.

Curtis G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Looks fantastic👍

Is this a model with blue cruise? If so did the 2 inch leveling kit throw off anything in your sensors or blue cruise?

Also did you use the rough country 2 inche leveling kit ?

OP
OP

joesrepsol

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Engineer
Looks fantastic👍

Is this a model with blue cruise? If so did the 2 inch leveling kit throw off anything in your sensors or blue cruise?

Also did you use the rough country 2 inche leveling kit ?
I do have blue cruise… and it works perfectly after the ready lift 2”. Same with auto leveling headlights. Everything works just as it did with the factory stuff. Which is why i went this route to begin with. No problems at all.

no rough country… never really like that brand. The ready lift is solid and to my surprise, rides GREAT. Super happy with it.