• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SeanOC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Raptor ‘21 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Pilot
Lightning specific?
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
It does list Lightning, but I would call or confirm before buying. The specific one has been there I believe about 2 weeks. I figured they just added Lightning to the list - I wasn't sure it truly had the updated harness for plug and play.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
It does list Lightning, but I would call or confirm before buying. The specific one has been there I believe about 2 weeks. I figured they just added Lightning to the list - I wasn't sure it truly had the updated harness for plug and play.
the lightning-specific wiring harness is the key

If someone calls Putco, report back!

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Ok .. I ordered. The instructions it references don't give any indication that it is for the Lightning :( I asked for accurate instructions or my money back.

Sponsored

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
And they sent me to... The old video that shows making it work through hacking the wiring. Doh. Refund time.

gg1919

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER - Star White Metallic

I just installed mine today. Thank you to @Intellibeam foe the install video, it was very helpful.
I want to talk about one thing though, the light up sequence. I bought mine directly from Ford (obviously made by Putco though), and I noticed the wire loom was kind of crushed/suspect. I have plenty of loom, so I replaced it. In doing so I noticed inside the loom there was a green wire that was either a) broken, or b) cut. Tbh it looked more cut, as the “break” was in a spot in the loom that looked undamaged. I connected/soldered/heat shrank the green wire and I have the startup sequence. (Tested it on a spare battery first to make sure I wasn’t going to fry something)
Had I not taken the original loom off I would have never known and just assumed it didn’t have the sequence.
So, @Intellibeam , do you remember seeing a green wire? If so, it’s possible it’s broken/disabled inside the loom.

gg1919

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER - Star White Metallic

I just installed mine today. Thank you to @Intellibeam foe the install video, it was very helpful.
I want to talk about one thing though, the light up sequence. I bought mine directly from Ford (obviously made by Putco though), and I noticed the wire loom was kind of crushed/suspect. I have plenty of loom, so I replaced it. In doing so I noticed inside the loom there was a green wire that was either a) broken, or b) cut. Tbh it looked more cut, as the “break” was in a spot in the loom that looked undamaged. I connected/soldered/heat shrank the green wire and I have the startup sequence. (Tested it on a spare battery first to make sure I wasn’t going to fry something)
Had I not taken the original loom off I would have never known and just assumed it didn’t have the sequence.
So, @Intellibeam , do you remember seeing a green wire? If so, it’s possible it’s broken/disabled inside the loom.
Oh, and this was not lightning specific. I ran the wires like in the video, it wasn’t bad at all.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yeah the install isn’t bad at all and there is no “hacking” just grounding Nd taping into a fuse. I didn’t not notice a green wire but wasn’t really looking for one.

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
Which one do I want if I buy from putco for my lariat? Do I want the wire harness? I want the led one right? why would I want halogen? If I go with fuse option then there is no halogen option.

Sponsored

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Which one do I want if I buy from putco for my lariat? Do I want the wire harness? I want the led one right? why would I want halogen? If I go with fuse option then there is no halogen option.
I talked to Putco on tuesday and they do not have the light with the proper 10 pin plug yet. I figured I would just wait until that is complete.

LED is what you want.

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
I talked to Putco on tuesday and they do not have the light with the proper 10 pin plug yet. I figured I would just wait until that is complete.

LED is what you want.
Thanks! I will wait then.

teaguem32

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ER LARIAT SQM
So I did the install. pretty straight forward. Fuse 48 did not work for me for some reason. No power. I ended up using 181. Works fine. This morning my turn signal are flashing fast like a bulb is out, but both. No signal lights in the front, on in the rear. What the heck?

drag0n

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat SR
any update on this from Putco? or still no quick connect?

Simpso57

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
What if I just want black emblems front and back? I don't need it to light up. What are my options?
Sponsored