• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Putco has Lightning specific-versions of plug-n-play Ford emblems for both front and rear in the works, along with a light blade for under the tailgate, supposed to be out next month according to a person I spoke with there last week.
I wonder if they will separately sell the harness to truly make it plug and play
Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I wonder if they will separately sell the harness to truly make it plug and play
That’s what they told me, and why they suggested waiting. I know folks will try to jury-rig wire these things in, but based on experience trying to put a Putco 3-color blade on my 2021 PowerBoost, I’m waiting. They told me at the time it would be near impossible on a truck with BLIS, but I went ahead, had issues, finally got it to work with the tail light (red), brake light (bright red), and reverse (bright white), but could never get the amber turn signals to activate. Their engineer told me, “yup, told ya, we have to put out the specific version for that truck.” They’ve not yet done that for the PowerBoost, are working on one that will work with all BLIS trucks, with harnesses specific to each where appropriate. I’m waiting a couple months on that. He also told me they will include the appropriate spaces for the differing hinge and other obstruction thicknesses on the Lightning models.

OP
OP
Intellibeam

Intellibeam

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Iced Blue Silver
That’s what they told me, and why they suggested waiting. I know folks will try to jury-rig wire these things in, but based on experience trying to put a Putco 3-color blade on my 2021 PowerBoost, I’m waiting. They told me at the time it would be near impossible on a truck with BLIS, but I went ahead, had issues, finally got it to work with the tail light (red), brake light (bright red), and reverse (bright white), but could never get the amber turn signals to activate. Their engineer told me, “yup, told ya, we have to put out the specific version for that truck.” They’ve not yet done that for the PowerBoost, are working on one that will work with all BLIS trucks, with harnesses specific to each where appropriate. I’m waiting a couple months on that. He also told me they will include the appropriate spaces for the differing hinge and other obstruction thicknesses on the Lightning models.
The current "jury-rig setup" doesn't interfere with any of what you mentioned. Perhaps with light bars and rear, yes but not with the led front emblem.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Yeah I just got off the phone with them about tapping into the C1004 connector behind the Ford oval and that is a no-go and has already been tried. It will knock out a portion of the lightbar if you tap into that. If you look at the pinout for that connector posted above you'll notice that the lightbar actually (for some strange reason) gets power inputs from both the left and right headlamp parking light circuits, not just one or the other. So tapping into just one of them apparently causes one circuit to dip and dims out that section of the lightbar. As @Gimme_my_MME would say...that's sub-optimal.

So I've signed up for the newsletter from PUTCO so as to be notified when they push out the Lightning specific versions of their LED emblems.

Mike

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I asked the same thing a few minutes ago and I think they will. But we'll all have to wait till the new version comes out to know for sure. I don't know why they wouldn't do that especially if the oval itself keeps the two pin weatherpack connector it has now, and they just adapt a new Lightning specific pigtail to tap into the appropriate harness.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored
OP
OP
Intellibeam

Intellibeam

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Jacksmith

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
isnt this light suppose to have a boot up animation?
Putco said there are 2 versions the aftermarket and OEM if you buy the OEM emblem Ford said it won’t do the startup sequence and it is half as bright as the aftermarket.

Last edited:

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Putco said there are 2 versions the aftermarket and OEM if you buy the OEM emblem Ford said it won’t do the startup sequence and it is half as bright as the aftermarket.
you are correct! I bought the putco Monday and I installed it today. If anyone is interested in the ford version pm me an offer.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
you are correct! I bought the putco Monday and I installed it today. If anyone is interested in the ford version pm me an offer.

Thank you for confirming this. I have initiated my return with Ford because of this.

Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
So now I’m waiting for the putco version (for startup sequence and brightness), but also the F150L-specific harness …

OP
OP
Intellibeam

Intellibeam

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm curious what the difference in brightness is side by side because the Ford one is already bright to begin with.

Jacksmith

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I'm curious what the difference in brightness is side by side because the Ford one is already bright to begin with.
I chatted with Putco and they are going to send pictures of the two lit up

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Thanks for all of your hard work on this. Subscribed and patiently waiting for the lazy Lightning version to be released.
Sponsored