• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is this the setting to derate the battery?

Learch74

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 edition
Occupation
Network Engineer
I put this as a response in a thread, sorry for the mistake.

I see the "Battery Target State of Charge" in the BdyCM module. Mine is set to 80%. I don't have any charge limits that are at 80%. I set all mine to 90%. Could this be where Ford derates the battery?

All the other settings in BdyCM seem to be Manufacturer only configurable. That's what makes me thing this is where Ford derates.

I just traded in a 510A for a 511A, wish I had tried changing this on the 510A before I traded it in to see what the range is. I was thinking a safe test might be to set it to 50%, then charge to full and see what happens to the range. Anyone have any knowledge about this setting?

Ford F-150 Lightning Is this the setting to derate the battery? Screenshot 2023-01-24 191830
Sponsored

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
“Battery technology type” being AGM makes me believe this refers to the 12V battery. You probably don’t wanna change that.

OP
OP
Learch74

Learch74

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Engineer
“Battery technology type” being AGM makes me believe this refers to the 12V battery. You probably don’t wanna change that.
Thank you! Makes sense, I'll stay away form that one.

Jeffgtx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning
that must be the setting that it tells the "alternator" equivalent device to charge the 12v battery to when activated. or the threshold at which the "alternator" is activated.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Thank you! Makes sense, I'll stay away form that one.
Unless…….increasing this improves chances of getting updates as it keeps the 12v at a higher state of charge.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Unless…….increasing this improves chances of getting updates as it keeps the 12v at a higher state of charge.
I was wondering the same thing. Seems this should be on up about 90 or so. Ford should be able to alter this easily with a PU update.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Yeah that came to mind too! But if you adjust it, I would be careful about the risk of phantom HV drain due to frequent recharging of the 12V.

Depending on how “80%” is defined, setting it higher might result in the float being considered part of the state of charge which basically means a minute after you stop charging the SoC will rapidly fall below the threshold again.

OP
OP
Learch74

Learch74

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Engineer
That would be really nice. Right now if you want a guaranteed update, I put my 12V on the trickle charger over night.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I put this as a response in a thread, sorry for the mistake.

I see the "Battery Target State of Charge" in the BdyCM module. Mine is set to 80%. I don't have any charge limits that are at 80%. I set all mine to 90%. Could this be where Ford derates the battery?

All the other settings in BdyCM seem to be Manufacturer only configurable. That's what makes me thing this is where Ford derates.

I just traded in a 510A for a 511A, wish I had tried changing this on the 510A before I traded it in to see what the range is. I was thinking a safe test might be to set it to 50%, then charge to full and see what happens to the range. Anyone have any knowledge about this setting?

Screenshot 2023-01-24 191830.jpg
You can see by using an OBDIII dongle and an app like Car Scanner, that even at 100% SOCdisplay, the actual SOC is never more than 95ish percent. At 90% the SOC is actually around 85%.
Sponsored