• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any good referrals for financing?

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Geek Stuff
That's a good rate if it was for 72 months.

Ford's standard rate for top tier was 6.9% when I got my '22 Lightning.

I got 84 months at 3.49% at my CU.

What CU gave you 3.49 @ 84 mo?

My dealer offered me 9.89 for 84 mo (says all rates just went up bc of FED). Shopped around and now I can get 7.89 from another CU...now the dealer is working on matching...funny how that works.
Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
I got 3.79% from Parsons FCU but that was locked in back in December and finalized in January.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I got 3.79% from Parsons FCU but that was locked in back in December and finalized in January.
They are currently 4% up to 48 months, 4.75% up to 60 months, 5% up to 72 months, and 5.49% up to 84 months.

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery

Sponsored

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
I refinanced using Caribou as a broker. I had never refinanced a car but what a pain. Felt like it was as much work as refinancing a house. Took 6 weeks but ended up going through and we closed a month ago. My new loan is with Tower Federal CU and my rate went from 5.9% to 3.490% over 72 mo.

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
I refinanced using Caribou as a broker. I had never refinanced a car but what a pain. Felt like it was as much work as refinancing a house. Took 6 weeks but ended up going through and we closed a month ago. My new loan is with Tower Federal CU and my rate went from 5.9% to 3.490% over 72 mo.

Wow..that is great. So would you say it is worth it (Caribou)?

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wow..that is great. So would you say it is worth it (Caribou)?
They are just a broker so work with different credit unions. So it will really depend on what rate is when they quote you. That said, they did lock the rate for 60 days and communication was good. They take a $400 loan processing fee thats rolled into the loan and really make their money trying to upselling you insurance products. I declined every up sale immediately and it wasn't a problem. Just double check they're not adding anything for you. It may be different in other states vs California. I got a full list of everything they were charging me including DMV transfer fee ext. The final payment ended up basically the same as what I was initially advertised. (within a few cents) I found them on credit karma that advertised one click approval, yeah.. it's not that. Maybe one click for offer quote but you'll end up doing a full credit app and providing full documentation. Way more than what I did with Ford originally. But worth it for the rate.

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
They are just a broker so work with different credit unions. So it will really depend on what rate is when they quote you. That said, they did lock the rate for 60 days and communication was good. They take a $400 loan processing fee thats rolled into the loan and really make their money trying to upselling you insurance products. I declined every up sale immediately and it wasn't a problem. Just double check they're not adding anything for you. It may be different in other states vs California. I got a full list of everything they were charging me including DMV transfer fee ext. The final payment ended up basically the same as what I was initially advertised. (within a few cents) I found them on credit karma that advertised one click approval, yeah.. it's not that. Maybe one click for offer quote but you'll end up doing a full credit app and providing full documentation. Way more than what I did with Ford originally. But worth it for the rate.
Called yesterday and they said they only refi. Think i should just get a initial rate somewhere then call them to refi immediately?

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Called yesterday and they said they only refi. Think i should just get a initial rate somewhere then call them to refi immediately?
No, why refi as soon as you close on another loan? Just shop around and find somewhere that has a good initial rate to begin with. The refi fee won't be worth the time and money unless you have a really shit rate like I had at 6%

Sponsored
OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
No, why refi as soon as you close on another loan? Just shop around and find somewhere that has a good initial rate to begin with. The refi fee won't be worth the time and money unless you have a really shit rate like I had at 6%

Got a few offers....so far my best is 6.5%@96mo. I will probably go with that, as i prefer the lowest payment, and pay way more. I guess the interest really does not matter if I am paying that much more.

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got a few offers....so far my best is 6.5%@96mo. I will probably go with that, as i prefer the lowest payment, and pay way more. I guess the interest really does not matter if I am paying that much more.

96mo, oh man thats a lot. You're going to be upside down on that truck for awhile. You sure? EV tech is changing fast and values won't hold. I thought my 72mo was pushing it. Buy the GAP and Loan Payoff insurance

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Oh yeh for sure it is a lot, but I will not pay the min payment only. Also, plan to refi when I put more down from the tax credit. When I do that, I will also switch to the CU I mentioned that beats any 84mo (or less) by 2percent. Just part of the plan.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
96mo, oh man thats a lot. You're going to be upside down on that truck for awhile. You sure? EV tech is changing fast and values won't hold. I thought my 72mo was pushing it. Buy the GAP and Loan Payoff insurance
Didn't know 96 months was an option!

I thought I over stretched with 84 months when I got the Lariat on a Pro budget.

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Didn't know 96 months was an option!

I thought I over stretched with 84 months when I got the Lariat on a Pro budget.

Note sure I had heard of one neither, but saw them come up as options as I was shopping around. Another point to mention is that I will also be saving in gas and maint so that is another reason to pay more than the min monthly payment.
Sponsored