• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Financing Review

Cpaul3

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 428i and Subaru Legacy
Occupation
Psych Nurse
I seen Ford Financing is offering 3.9% interest rates for 60 months. Lower rates if you get 48 and 36 months. That beats my local credit union at 6.15% and PENFED CU which offered 5% these rates were as of 8/15/23. I read an article (Cars Direct July 2023) that FORD also gives $500 rebate financing through them and a $1000 Trade Assist when trading in your Car/Truck. The catch with Ford Financing was all the terrible reviews on BBB and other websites I checked. Some complaints were leasing issues, others about rude customer service. Also something about an accident and FORD FINANCE not taking insurance checks. My experience with stuff like s my insurance company handled everything (Geico) with BMW financial. Personally as long as they have online pay and no early payoff penalty I will take the lower rate.

My question to you guys is has anyone had any issues financing through Ford in the past?
Sponsored

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE (sold). F150L Platinum
Ive financed 3 cars through Ford Credit. No issues, but it's not exactly a huge sample size.

I think maybe all banks that aren't credit unions inherently suck.

glucola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My23f150
a little tangential off topic, seems the ford financing is through end of September. if your truck not shipped by end of month ,does anyone know if you are still able to lock in the rate ?

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I've financed 3 vehicles with Ford, haven't had any issues and plan to use them for my Lightning as well...

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
a little tangential off topic, seems the ford financing is through end of September. if your truck not shipped by end of month ,does anyone know if you are still able to lock in the rate ?
My salesman locked in the $500 incentive and low rates the day I ordered in July.

Sponsored

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA Sportage PHEV/2022 Aprilia Tuareg
I did the 0% for 36 months deal with Ford when I picked up my 2022 Maverick Hybrid back in March of 2022. I had zero issues working with them.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
.......and a $1000 Trade Assist when trading in your Car/Truck. The catch with Ford Financing was all the terrible reviews on BBB and other websites I checked. Some complaints were leasing issues, others about rude customer service. Also something about an accident and FORD FINANCE not taking insurance checks. My experience with stuff like s my insurance company handled everything (Geico) with BMW financial. Personally as long as they have online pay and no early payoff penalty I will take the lower rate.

My question to you guys is has anyone had any issues financing through Ford in the past?
Trade assist is real and used it for my trade in.
$1000 bonus cash applied in June this year.

Ford Financing was easy and automatically links your loan thru Ford Pass app which makes it easy to monitor without having to log into a webpage.

Very easy financing thru Ford's captive bank...

OP
OP
Cpaul3

Cpaul3

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Psych Nurse
Not at all off topic, I didn’t catch that September deadline. With rates so high currently I would assume it will be dependent on the dealer. Can’t see them giving 3.9% when rates are hovering around the 7.5% ish area.

OP
OP
Cpaul3

Cpaul3

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Psych Nurse
I've financed 3 vehicles with Ford, haven't had any issues and plan to use them for my Lightning as well...
Good to hear no issues Hokie!

OP
OP
Cpaul3

Cpaul3

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Psych Nurse
Ive financed 3 cars through Ford Credit. No issues, but it's not exactly a huge sample size.
Personally 3 is a good sample size for 1 automobile company. To even go back for 2nd time means they are doing something right. Good to hear no issues with them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cpaul3

Cpaul3

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Psych Nurse
My salesman locked in the $500 incentive and low rates the day I ordered in July.
That’s good to hear! I hope you got that in text or email. Because when I first put my deposit in for the Lightning they said I would be locked in at the $39,999 if prices change. Don’t know why he would lie for such a low deposit. Not to say anything bad about your salesman I know not all are bad.

Footester

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
I seen Ford Financing is offering 3.9% interest rates for 60 months. Lower rates if you get 48 and 36 months. That beats my local credit union at 6.15% and PENFED CU which offered 5% these rates were as of 8/15/23. I read an article (Cars Direct July 2023) that FORD also gives $500 rebate financing through them and a $1000 Trade Assist when trading in your Car/Truck. The catch with Ford Financing was all the terrible reviews on BBB and other websites I checked. Some complaints were leasing issues, others about rude customer service. Also something about an accident and FORD FINANCE not taking insurance checks. My experience with stuff like s my insurance company handled everything (Geico) with BMW financial. Personally as long as they have online pay and no early payoff penalty I will take the lower rate.

Well, I picked up my truck in June. I got the 3.9% financing through Ford credit, but they used to coerce me into buying all kinds of stuff I didn't want or need like extended warranty (mostly covered ICE and transmission!), aftermarket security system, Clearcoat protection, etc. They told me I couldn't get 3.9% financing unless I bought all that stuff. I later found out that was a lie. That's were Tesla has a big advantage, in that you don't have to use dishonest dealers.

OP
OP
Cpaul3

Cpaul3

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Psych Nurse
I did the 0% for 36 months deal with Ford when I picked up my 2022 Maverick Hybrid back in March of 2022. I had zero issues working with them.
0% what a blessing! Good to hear no issues on your end.

OP
OP
Cpaul3

Cpaul3

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Psych Nurse
Trade assist is real and used it for my trade in.
$1000 bonus cash applied in June this year.

Ford Financing was easy and automatically links your loan thru Ford Pass app which makes it easy to monitor without having to log into a webpage.

Very easy financing thru Ford's captive bank...
I’m trading in my car so it’s good to know it’s the real deal. Love to hear I can pay through an app. As you said the ease of tracking and paying is great.

OP
OP
Cpaul3

Cpaul3

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Psych Nurse
Well, I picked up my truck in June. I got the 3.9% financing through Ford credit, but they used to coerce me into buying all kinds of stuff I didn't want or need like extended warranty (mostly covered ICE and transmission!), aftermarket security system, Clearcoat protection, etc. They told me I couldn't get 3.9% financing unless I bought all that stuff.
Man I’m sorry to hear that. Yeah I read the finance department will try all sorts of stuff to make you feel like you’re going to “Regret” not getting their products. Thank you for sharing your experience and will make sure to stand my ground.
Sponsored