• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any good referrals for financing?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Got a few offers....so far my best is 6.5%@96mo. I will probably go with that, as i prefer the lowest payment, and pay way more. I guess the interest really does not matter if I am paying that much more.
8 years?

Anything over 6 years tells you that you should buy something less expensive - Google it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Geek Stuff
8 years?

Anything over 6 years tells you that you should buy something less expensive - Google it.

Not sure if you saw the previous message, but putting more down later this year and refi

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not sure if you saw the previous message, but putting more down later this year and refi
What you put down has zero to do with term. If the issue is payment affordability pushing you to a longer term, that's a sign that your payment is too high for your income stream. If you're going to refinance, then I guess it doesn't matter, except that you should take the highest payment / shortest term you can afford to pay less interest $$$.

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Correct but, you are not paying all of that interest if you pay off sooner.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
Correct but, you are not paying all of that interest if you pay off sooner.
You pay much more interest in the early years than the later years. Make sure any extra money you pay goes just to the principle.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You pay much more interest in the early years than the later years. Make sure any extra money you pay goes just to the principle.
In principle, it should go to the principal.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
What you put down has zero to do with term. If the issue is payment affordability pushing you to a longer term, that's a sign that your payment is too high for your income stream. If you're going to refinance, then I guess it doesn't matter, except that you should take the highest payment / shortest term you can afford to pay less interest $$$.
That's the obvious and smart thing to do.

A) Ain't nobody being smart with money by buying any new vehicle, doubly so an EV and even more so a bleeding edge supertruck.

B)every finance deal is different, some have no interest on buyout, some have penalties for paying it off quicker.

I went 6 years for a great rate, doesn't mean I'm keeping it for 6 years.

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff

Sponsored
OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Update.... Just got approved for 5% @ 84mo. Will be getting this beat/matched to 3%!

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update.... Just got approved for 5% @ 84mo. Will be getting this beat/matched to 3%!
Call me a skeptic, post back when you get a 3% loan for 84 months.

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Call me a skeptic, post back when you get a 3% loan for 84 months.

UPDATE:
Picked up truck last Friday!!!!!

Went with the dealer loan rate of 9% @84 months just to get off lot since I purchased out of town and could not close with the local CU before I made it to dealer. I will be refi with that CU getting 4.5% @84. Only got this rate so I could get another CU to match that at 3% @84 (they need the rate with another lender for their auditing purpose). Just confirmed today with the final CU thatt they could still beat a higher rate. Seems like a lot of work, but does not cost me a dime and is totally worth it.

Again, not planning to pay for 84 months, but If I can get a low rate like that and aggressively pay down, why not?

BLUF: Final is 3% @ 84mo. (RTP Federal CU in NC)

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Good point. Thanks because I was just going to pay weekly and have it auto draft, but forgot about that.
Sponsored