• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

A2Z Tesla and Charge Fault

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I’ve thought about that, but I’m concerned about causing damage over the long-term. Our Lightnings are some of the heaviest light-duty vehicles on the road, so I try and stay off curbs and grass. That’s probably a better option than taking up two Supercharger spots at a busy site, though.
I looked and saw it wasn't close on clearance before I did it.
Sponsored

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I looked and saw it wasn't close on clearance before I did it.
No, I’m not talking about the truck. I’m talking about wrecking curbs, grass, and other bits that aren’t supposed to be driven on.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
No, I’m not talking about the truck. I’m talking about wrecking curbs, grass, and other bits that aren’t supposed to be driven on.
Ah.

Yes, I would not ride on grass. I drove up the ramp of the sidewalk, and the sidewalk clearly was strong enough. I then backed straight back. It was also in a large parking lot, not a street. Cop drove by and didn't give me a look.

Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z Tesla and Charge Fault cobourg.PNG

Last edited:

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Regardless, A2Z’s customer service seems excellent. I think I’ll order one if I need to road trip before September (when my Ford on is supposed to arrive).
@FLSpartan04 I have a May estimated delivery date for the ford OEM adaptor. I’d gladly loan it to you for your September road trip if yours doesn’t arrive in time.

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
@FLSpartan04 I have a May estimated delivery date for the ford OEM adaptor. I’d gladly loan it to you for your September road trip if yours doesn’t arrive in time.
@flyct, that’d be great if you don’t need it in July. Mine is due in September (just in time for all my soccer travel for the kids). However, I think we are going to try to road trip to MI in July. I appreciate the offer!

Sponsored

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
@flyct, that’d be great if you don’t need it in July. Mine is due in September (just in time for all my soccer travel for the kids). However, I think we are going to try to road trip to MI in July. I appreciate the offer!
@FLSpsrtan04 Not an issue. It would be my pleasure to lend it to you for your July and Sept trips.

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
@FLSpsrtan04 Not an issue. It would be my pleasure to lend it to you for your July and Sept trips.
Great to have a member of this board as a neighbor! Thanks again!

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
A2Z sent me a replacement adapter and it is working just fine! Appreciate their customer service helping me out, I'm commuting 250 miles every week both ways so Supercharger access is clutch especially considering Ford has delayed shipping me my official charger.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Better check your email.

Ford is now pushing back deliveries a month...

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat ER Lightning
So I have an A2Z adapter and went to a Tesla charger for the first time to see if it would work. It's a bit fiddly to attach, but eventually I got it plugged into the car and it started charging with the blue lights. In a minute or so, the lights turned to red and on the dash it said there was a charge fault. Any idea what this means? I don't have trouble charging at home (Ford unite) or the office (level 2). Thanks.
I had the same problem today twice at two different Tesla stations. It eventually works but it’s pretty scary. The adapter has something wrong with it as it doesn’t show up on the Tesla app or the screen module for the lightning. There is a big challenge to unlocking it as well. I’m not sure I’m going to use this thing again and instead wait for my official Ford adapter to show up. Something is seriously wrong with the A2Z adaptor.

Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z Tesla and Charge Fault IMG_7027
Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z Tesla and Charge Fault IMG_7026

Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z Tesla and Charge Fault IMG_7025
Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z Tesla and Charge Fault IMG_7028

Sponsored

JDF231223

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I would call their support line and see if they can help you troubleshoot / get a warranty replacements if necessary.

Charlie on the phone was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

I am glad I decided to bite the bullet and ordered my A2Z adapter.

Looks like discount code “FORD” is updated to take 10% off and still gives free shipping.

Some folks on Reddit have called in to pay $15 extra for expedited overnight shipping if they need it a little sooner.

I got the Typhoon DC adapter / Stellar AC adapter bundle (25% off Stellar adapter).

Call A2Z:

1 (844) A2Z - EVSE

WORKING DAYS / HOURS

Mon - Fri / 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST.

Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z Tesla and Charge Fault img_0182-jpe
Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z Tesla and Charge Fault img_9830-jpe

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had the same problem today twice at two different Tesla stations. It eventually works but it’s pretty scary. The adapter has something wrong with it as it doesn’t show up on the Tesla app or the screen module for the lightning. There is a big challenge to unlocking it as well. I’m not sure I’m going to use this thing again and instead wait for my official Ford adapter to show up. Something is seriously wrong with the A2Z adaptor.
Are you having issues getting charge faults on your dash during attempts to charge (also associated red ring) or are you failing to connect when adapter is plugged in and Tesla doesn't see the truck?

Most folks have the first problem because the lock can be really tough to secure on the Tesla / adapter connection. I had the second problem, where on a trip two weeks back (you can read a couple pages earlier on this thread) my adapter suddenly stopped making a connection despite being seated all the way. I called A2Z and we spoke for a while on video chat to troubleshoot but it ultimately ended with them sending me a replacement under warranty which works great. No idea what went wrong with the first.

I would recommend calling A2Z and listing what you did to resolve it in this thread so future readers can attempt the same steps should they have issues.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat ER Lightning
Are you having issues getting charge faults on your dash during attempts to charge (also associated red ring) or are you failing to connect when adapter is plugged in and Tesla doesn't see the truck?

Most folks have the first problem because the lock can be really tough to secure on the Tesla / adapter connection. I had the second problem, where on a trip two weeks back (you can read a couple pages earlier on this thread) my adapter suddenly stopped making a connection despite being seated all the way. I called A2Z and we spoke for a while on video chat to troubleshoot but it ultimately ended with them sending me a replacement under warranty which works great. No idea what went wrong with the first.

I would recommend calling A2Z and listing what you did to resolve it in this thread so future readers can attempt the same steps should they have issues.
It sounds like a lot of these responses are coming directly from A2Z employees trying to cover for a very bad product that is truly garbage. Please stay off these posts with your fake product support. Your offering failed and you need to deploy a recall, which you won’t, and declare failure for your rushed to market offering.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
It sounds like a lot of these responses are coming directly from A2Z employees trying to cover for a very bad product that is truly garbage. Please stay off these posts with your fake product support. Your offering failed and you need to deploy a recall, which you won’t, and declare failure for your rushed to market offering.
I’m sorry you are having a bad day, but I think you are talking without knowing the facts. These adapters have been reviewed extensively and A2Z’s customer service is exceptional.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You know you can easily click my profile and see my posts dating well before A2Z ever offered an adaptor lol. Genuinely can't tell if this isn't a troll...
Sponsored