• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Truck would not start

XLTTOM

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting XLT
Display showing icon for high or low battery temperature. Truck had 60% charge and had been sitting for 4 hours. Had it towed to dealer and have not received a call yet. Any idea what this could be. 16K miles and first issue.
Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Need more information. Did the screens turn on? Where you using PaaK or a FOB? What messages did you get on the gauge screen or FordPass? The more details the better. Could be a loose low voltage battery connection, could be a HVB failure, could be a dead battery in your FOB, could be something else.

OP
OP

XLTTOM

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting XLT
Screens were all on. Tried both fobs. Message above icon said exit vehicle immediately because there was a high or low temp on the battery. Truck was sitting through 18 holes of golf.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Might be a faulty temperature sensor.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Display showing icon for high or low battery temperature. Truck had 60% charge and had been sitting for 4 hours. Had it towed to dealer and have not received a call yet. Any idea what this could be. 16K miles and first issue.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
This is a wonderful Forum, As I have stated in a prior post, I live in SF Bay Area, and the Local Dealer in Richmond does not inspire faith in me regarding BEV's. It is good to know there Is someone @Ford Motor Company who is screening problems that arise here, and may be able to mitigate any necessary repairs when needed, THANK YOU @FMC

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
They are thinking it’s the battery. Getting a loaner tomorrow.
Call the Ford BEV hotline and get a case number going. In many cases, it has helped expedite repairs.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I would always try something first: disable the 12v battery by disconnecting the black/negative line for a minute... a 'reboot' is the quick answer to these 'technology' problems that sometimes arrive, out of the blue.
I always hesitate to EVER call any Ford dealer, they typically know less than we do, and will probably hardly ever give you the 'easy' route to fix a 'problem', that may not have been a problem at all.

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
Ford BEV hotline ? What might that number be?

ElKay55

First Name
Lon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER, Max Tow, Iconic Silver
Occupation
Residential Contractor
I called this number for help , not sure if its dedicated to BEV but I got someone to open a case, they helped me and was able to partially resolve my issue
1-866-631-3788
Customer Experience Center – PV Inquiry Team

OP
OP

XLTTOM

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting XLT
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  
They think it is the battery. There is also another lightning there with the same issue. It is R E Barber Ford in Holland MI
Sponsored