• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/10 Lightning Build Week Group

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Yahoo blend day today! What should I be looking out for next @TaxmanHog ?
Start watching this site with your VIN and captcha code to see modules begin to populate, eventually showing a tear tag code.

Currently this is how your VIN search appears:
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/10 Lightning Build Week Group 1665513307286

Eventually it will look like this, which is an XLT-SR like yours
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/10 Lightning Build Week Group 1665513433744
Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog Sounds good thanks. What does the tear tag mean?
We think it's a check-sum or catalog code for common configurations of powertrain and add-on devices.

Knowing that it has posted means the truck has reached main line build, before going to body company for post production add-ons (spray-in liner, etc)

Around the time the code appears you should see the production time line update to "BUILT" status, but lately we have seen extensive delays while some trucks are missing critical parts (chips) or are still be debugged post production, once the chips and bugs are sorted out, then you will see BUILT date on the time line.

Jmschewy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
@TaxmanHog so if the tear tag is posted truck is at final stage of production? Here is mine, but on my ford it shows still in production but has for a few months.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/10 Lightning Build Week Group fl1.JPG

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog so if the tear tag is posted truck is at final stage of production? Here is mine, but on my ford it shows still in production but has for a few months.
fl1.JPG
There are distinctions between: main-line production, produced and built, minor nuances to pass through before you see built status, as well as what you're looking at, the order page vs. the shop site or the ordertrack site.

At the moment your truck is in the next production phase for spray in liner, once that's done, assuming no issues with parts holds, then you will update to BUILT. Only online customer service or your salesperson/manager can give you exact interim stages at this moment.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/10 Lightning Build Week Group 1665585198744

Sponsored

Jmschewy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
@TaxmanHog gotcha. Well I guess we will see. I know dealer has my vehicle listed on their website for sale so at least I know its closer to being on its way!

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
We think it's a check-sum or catalog code for common configurations of powertrain and add-on devices.

Knowing that it has posted means the truck has reached main line build, before going to body company for post production add-ons (spray-in liner, etc)

Around the time the code appears you should see the production time line update to "BUILT" status, but lately we have seen extensive delays while some trucks are missing critical parts (chips) or are still be debugged post production, once the chips and bugs are sorted out, then you will see BUILT date on the time line.
:cry:In Production since 9/23. Me and one other guy are the only ones left that are not "Built."

If I may offer some of the 10/10 folks some advice. Seems the status updates populate sometime between midnight and 6 a.m. (at least most of the time). Don't be like me and torture yourself with multiple page refreshes. If my browser charged me for page refreshes, I'd be broke.

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F-150 SLT 4x4 ; soon to have 2022 Ford L
Occupation
Engineer
Yup my modules and tear tag popped today too. I'm still not showing even 'in production' strangely enough. Also I can't get the normal vehicleordertracking site to work. But I figure this means I'll get it, somehow.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yup my modules and tear tag popped today too. I'm still not showing even 'in production' strangely enough. Also I can't get the normal vehicleordertracking site to work. But I figure this means I'll get it, somehow.
OK, most folks get stuck on using the correct order number (digits/letters) not your 8 digit reservation number, the order number will be in this section of your window sticker, P560 in this example.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/10 Lightning Build Week Group 1665710079559

Sponsored
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F-150 SLT 4x4 ; soon to have 2022 Ford L
Occupation
Engineer
OK, most folks get stuck on using the correct order number (digits/letters) not your 8 digit reservation number, the order number will be in this section of your window sticker, P560 in this example.
Yup, that did the trick! I'm not sure why they have an order 'ID' and an order 'number'.
Shows in production. Thanks.

swngdncr

First Name
Carla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Forerunner, 2016 Subaru Outback
Occupation
retired mostly
Our tear tag and modules popped yesterday too. Yay! Thanks @TaxmanHog for the hint on using the order numbers from the window sticker. Ours still says "in production" on the order tracking page....

ScottyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning XLT
Our tear tag and modules popped yesterday too. Yay! Thanks @TaxmanHog for the hint on using the order numbers from the window sticker. Ours still says "in production" on the order tracking page....
Mine is still "in production" as well. Hope we are not stuck waiting for some chips or something :oops:

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
10-14: Got the tear tag showing "CDM9" late this evening. Hope it gets here before Thanksgiving.

update 10-15: Tear Tag is now blank late this eve! What would cause that to change? (no spray in liner) Module build data downloaded looks exactly the same as before. https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt/Details @TaxmanHog Thanks!

update 10-18: I see the tear tag is back:
Tear TagCDM9
Vehicle Data5118 FFFF FF66
Sponsored

Last edited: