• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
Thanks man, I’m not giving up yet, I just don’t know what I can do if they don’t budge. I’m a first time @Ford Motor Company buyer and I’ve never bought a new vehicle before. I’ve waited a year and a half for this truck and now the dealer is telling me I have to pay $5k more than the price I ordered and placed a deposit on. I don’t have a purchase agreement, just my ford.com order page that shows the original msrp. I suppose it was naive of me to think things would go smoothly
That order page should suffice for proof of the price you agreed to pay (which would of course be affected by the private offer), so any adjustment beyond that is the dealer's, wilfully made. Provide evidence of other dealers applying the price protection properly. Cite Ford's specific mention of the Lightning being affected by the price protection. They can't argue against Ford and other dealers in good faith.

I'm in the same boat as you, first time buying a Ford, first time buying a new vehicle. My dealer is supposed to be no-nonsense, so we'll see, whenever the truck finally shows up.
Sponsored

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
I guess I should quit checking each time it just gets worse lol

Now I am at junction point Salem Il with no train car assigned,

still say dec 10 for it to hit the dealership

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Order track app still says awaiting shipment but both FORD chat and my friend at the local ford plant show its at the dealer
Congrat's on your trucks arrival!!

I'm seeing many ORDERTRACK.APP search results coming up with stale data, I suspect the ne Captcha routine on the SHOP sites is interrupting the query.

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
Congrat's on your trucks arrival!!

I'm seeing many ORDERTRACK.APP search results coming up with stale data, I suspect the ne Captcha routine on the SHOP sites is interrupting the query.

but look at it this way with no changes to your movement by ford the ordertrack.app is still correct for most people :)

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Here are all the FDNB in one spot for everyone to use: https://blueovalforums.com/forums/i...3-f-150-bev-lightning-production-information/

The applicable one is posted on October 8th with the following summary:

SUMMARY
Ford is adjusting the MSRP on the 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro Series due to ongoing supply chain constraints, rising material costs and other market factors. We will continue to monitor pricing across the model year.

Current converted retail orders awaiting scheduling are unaffected by this adjustment. 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro Series is now sold out for retail customers. 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro availability will continue for customers that meet the eligibility qualification for the commercial order bank.

The adjusted MSRP of $51,974 will go into effect for new commercial customer orders placed starting October 24. Current commercial and government customers with a scheduled order are unaffected by this adjustment.
There it is right there, thanks Tim! I’m going to present this and the other info I’ve been gathering to my dealer. 🤞

Sponsored

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
but look at it this way with no changes to your movement by ford the ordertrack.app is still correct for most people :)
I'm just going to start camping out at the dealer so I can get my truck fresh out of the oven. That tracker hasn't updated in 4 weeks for me.

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
I'm just going to start camping out at the dealer so I can get my truck fresh out of the oven. That tracker hasn't updated in 4 weeks for me.

I might do that too but I don't think I could survive that close to Austin Tx for more than a few hours

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
Do the dealers lock in the price they're paying Ford for the truck at the time they submit the order you placed? It's my understanding: You submit your order through Ford's website. This submits the order to the dealer you selected. That dealer then must agree to take the order and place it with Ford on your behalf. I don't know if the dealer is on-the-hook for the vehicle at this point if the buyer backs out, but it makes sense to me that at the moment the dealer submits your order, Ford is agreeing to charge the dealer that amount.

So if a dealer submitted an order for you when the base price of the Pro was $46,974, that's the price the dealer agrees to pay to Ford. This cannot change, correct? Like, Ford can't then tell the dealership that it has to pay the increased price of $51,974, even though the dealer submitted an order at the lower price? So then, how would a dealer in good faith be able to claim that the customer is on the hook for this higher price?

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Do the dealers lock in the price they're paying Ford for the truck at the time they submit the order you placed? It's my understanding: You submit your order through Ford's website. This submits the order to the dealer you selected. That dealer then must agree to take the order and place it with Ford on your behalf. I don't know if the dealer is on-the-hook for the vehicle at this point if the buyer backs out, but it makes sense to me that at the moment the dealer submits your order, Ford is agreeing to charge the dealer that amount.

So if a dealer submitted an order for you when the base price of the Pro was $46,974, that's the price the dealer agrees to pay to Ford. This cannot change, correct? Like, Ford can't then tell the dealership that it has to pay the increased price of $51,974, even though the dealer submitted an order at the lower price? So then, how would a dealer in good faith be able to claim that the customer is on the hook for this higher price?
From what I’ve read, the dealer is actually invoiced at the current msrp, which is where the confusion comes from. However, if the vehicle is sold to the person who originally ordered it at the price at the time of order, ford will reimburse the dealer for the difference when it processes the order. From what I’ve seen, the dealer gets a check 30-45 days later

Sponsored

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Went to pick up my Pro tonight at a local Portland dealership and ran into the same "misunderstanding". Offered the 7k special offer discount but not the additional 5k price protection. They believe the special offer is to offset the October price increase. Of course I pointed out that the special offer was made in August, not October when the second increase occurred.

They offered to sell it to me with the 7K off and cross my fingers that they get reimbursed down the road. If they do, they say they will give me the additional 5K. I asked them to contact Ford corporate tomorrow for clarification.

Walked out without my vehicle tonight. Fingers crossed I can provide them enough background material to work this out tomorrow.
I’m very reluctant to pay the extra $5k and hope I get a check. I would think the only reason ford would send the $5k would be to reimburse the dealer, not to give the customer money back that they paid to the dealer.

Maybe @FordVideoGuy can clarify. If a customer pays more for an order that is supposed to be price protected, would that money be refunded to the customer after the fact? I’m referring specifically to wave 1 lightning Pro orders, since MSRP increased after MY23 Pro’s we’re sold out for retail

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Well it appears the same shenanigans happened to Fair__Dinkum who just picked up his Pro and most likely to me as my appointment is this afternoon. Our dealer is holding firm on the new MSRP but is willing to pay back the $5000 if they receive it back from Ford. I'd rather not finance an extra $5000 plus tax.

benredington

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Graphic Designer