• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Why did you hit activate if you are so worried about losing a week or two of your subscription?
And it isn’t a week or two. It is probably two months. It will be at least six weeks because I am motorcycling in Europe until mid-July and can’t take delivery until late July. No biggie from my perspective, just sharing the screw-up on Ford’s part, and the kinds of issues they are creating for themselves. I don’t plan to make an issue out of a couple months subscription loss, but it really should not happen for a whole bunch of reasons, and goes to Ford’s naïve competence with this technology.
Sponsored

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
And it isn’t a week or two. It is probably two months. It will be at least six weeks because I am motorcycling in Europe until mid-July and can’t take delivery until late July. No biggie from my perspective, just sharing the screw-up on Ford’s part, and the kinds of issues they are creating for themselves. I don’t plan to make an issue out of a couple months subscription loss, but it really should not happen for a whole bunch of reasons, and goes to Ford’s naïve competence with this technology.
Couldn’t agree more. Ford has shown time and time again that they can’t learn anything from Tesla’s history.

I still haven’t seen any other EV that actually uses technology well. The simple act of walking away from your car, with your phone, and everything locking hasn’t been figured out by anyone else.

Reactions: GDN

millim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, P*2, XC90, 1964.5 Mustang,
So the tracker at shop.ford.com finally has a date of 6/15 for In Production for 1FT6W1EV6NWG08256 (didn’t see that the other day when I checked…was well after 6/15).

On my account page at Ford.com still show “in progress”.

1189 rows in my modules - Platinum with Max Recline.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)

I'm sure your first world problem of motorcycling in Europe didn't factor into Ford's decision process.

What a pity....

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Couldn’t agree more. Ford has shown time and time again that they can’t learn anything from Tesla’s history.

I still haven’t seen any other EV that actually uses technology well. The simple act of walking away from your car, with your phone, and everything locking hasn’t been figured out by anyone else.

With Tesla's phantom braking and running into emergency vehicles with flashing lights, not sure Tesla is the one I'd be trying to copy...

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The simple act of walking away from your car, with your phone, and everything locking hasn’t been figured out by anyone else.
Or maybe they decided some people don't want that stuff. I don't...

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
It's particularly annoying because on my wife's Model 3 it works "almost" every time. So occasionally it won't unlock or lock so you are never certain of it working, very common theme with everything Tesla imo.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's particularly annoying because on my wife's Model 3 it works "almost" every time. So occasionally it won't unlock or lock so you are never certain of it working, very common theme with everything Tesla imo.

I could see it as very easy to accidently lock the car when you don't want to or for it NOT to work when you expect it to. Phone as a key seems like a gimmick to me, rather than being useful.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What? They literally do have Phone as a Key as a paid feature. My point was that they half assed it even as a feature. Tesla has been doing this feature for years and comes as standard.

With a Tesla at least I always have a keycard in my wallet as well. Also another amazing feature since you can literally have 20 keys if you wanted to.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This has never happened to me yet but I use an iPhone. I have read that their app doesn’t work as well on Android.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
With Tesla's phantom braking and running into emergency vehicles with flashing lights, not sure Tesla is the one I'd be trying to copy...
I mean you can always copy the good things without copying the shitty ones.

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
I could see it as very easy to accidently lock the car when you don't want to or for it NOT to work when you expect it to. Phone as a key seems like a gimmick to me, rather than being useful.
Actually this happened to my wife, she was charging the car, with our dog in it, she got out and the car locked itself with the phone INSIDE in 90 degree weather. Another Tesla owner was able to let her get through to Tesla for remote unlock but she was freaking out for a bit!

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
This has never happened to me yet but I use an iPhone. I have read that their app doesn’t work as well on Android.
She uses iPhone, glad it doesn't happen for you. I use the key card whenever I use her car and I really wish they put in a slot to hold the key plus I wish you could lock/unlock from the passenger side with the card. Anyway this is a Lightning forum so I'll stop ranting!

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I'm sure your first world problem of motorcycling in Europe didn't factor into Ford's decision process.

What a pity....
Clueless response from you per usual. The truck isn't ready to be delivered and won't be for some time, nomatter the reason. The point stands that Ford has activated a timed subscription feature on my truck, a vehicle that has not yet been delivered, paid for, or titled. It has also activated features that allow third party control of that vehicle. That is a clear breach of basic security protocols and I'm sure that Ford's systems people would like to both know about it and fix the issue. There are both software and procedural issues at play notwithstanding your ad hominem attack. Of course, Ford does no wrong, Tesla sucks, EA fast charging is superior to Supercharging, yadda yadda, we get it. Now please go climb back under your rock until you can be more constructive.
Sponsored