• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
This is good news because it means someone was in your truck!
Maybe moving it to the back corner of the lot to get the trucks out that belong to the 5/23 week ! :cool::devilish:
Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Maybe moving it to the back corner of the lot to get the trucks out that belong to the 5/23 week ! :cool::devilish:
I would hope so ;)

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Right next to mine in the November Delivery Lot :p

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Mine was activated and I can see the tire pressures, current location on a map. No idea when it will ship, but looks like it is on a lot in Dearborn. Looks like I can turn on lights, start the truck remotely. So tempting...

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group IMG_D0B4AD1B0BDC-1
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group IMG_0749.PNG

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group IMG_0750.PNG
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group IMG_0754.PNG

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group IMG_0753.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Should I try to start the truck? Honk the horn? Wonder how it got activated... I did request in the app, but doesn't someone have to do something in the cab?

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group IMG_2CCE14AD9296-1

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
You're lucky the lot person pushed the acknowledgment

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Mine was activated and I can see the tire pressures, current location on a map. No idea when it will ship, but looks like it is on a lot in Dearborn. Looks like I can turn on lights, start the truck remotely. So tempting...
I wonder how many are parked in your lot?

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group 1656032922862

asu2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT, 2022 Lightning Latriat (on the way)
Occupation
Engineer
Right next to mine
!
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group Screenshot_20220623-181110

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I’m kinda surprised Ford installs a fully charged battery and then parks the truck… in the Tesla world we’re told to only charge to 100% when intending to drive immediately; otherwise charge to 80 or 90%. I don’t think this initial full charge is an issue for battery longevity, but still…

And, now that the truck is “activated” my 3-year BlueCruise subscription has started even though I don’t own the truck yet. That’s not so great, kinda fun, but losing a service period later on. This whole thing seems like a security breach at Ford - they’ve allowed me to gain ownership access rights that I don’t really own yet as they control the truck and it isn’t paid for. Hell, even Tesla turns off remote access when the cars are in for service. Nothing nefarious, but should a customer really be able to turn on or even see a just-built truck sitting on their pre-ship lot? I’m doing all this from an inn on the Isle of Skye in Scotland, no passwords, no logins beyond my old Ford account with my other trucks.

Last edited:

asu2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I’m kinda surprised Ford installs a fully charged battery and then parks the truck… in the Tesla world we’re told to only charge to 100% when intending to drive immediately; otherwise charge to 80 or 90%. I don’t think this initial full charge is an issue for battery longevity, but still…
Almost makes you wonder if parking them was the original plan. My conspiracy theory is they are holding them until the start of the next quarter to ensure they don't hit the 200K EV sold mark before then.

Sponsored

asu2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer

And, now that the truck is “activated” my 3-year BlueCruise subscription has started even though I don’t own the truck yet. That’s not so great, kinda fun, but losing a service period later on. This whole thing seems like a security breach at Ford - they’ve allowed me to gain ownership access rights that I don’t really own yet as they control the truck and it isn’t paid for. Hell, even Tesla turns off remote access when the cars are in for service. Nothing nefarious, but should a customer really be able to turn on or even see a just-built truck sitting on their pre-ship lot? I’m doing all this from an inn on the Isle of Skye in Scotland, no passwords, no logins beyond my old Ford account with my other trucks.
Accepting the request requires physical access to the truck, so even with a VIN you still would not (normally) be able to add a vehicle you don't have control over. If they would take the time to communicate with us in any meaningful way on status/delivery date we would not have to resort to any of the crazy tracking we have done (app, modules, tear tags, paulsapp hacking etc) :).

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Accepting the request requires physical access to the truck, so even with a VIN you still would not (normally) be able to add a vehicle you don't have control over. If they would take the time to communicate with us in any meaningful way on status/delivery date we would not have to resort to any of the crazy tracking we have done (app, modules, tear tags, paulsapp hacking etc) :).
So some nutty employee is running around the lot initiating our app access requests… that should probably get squashed in corporate… if nothing else to stop the clock ticking on subscriptions before actual customer delivery. Because at some point they may hear from someone like me requesting a reset to the actual delivery date, not some random date when it was sitting on a lot in Dearborn.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
So some nutty employee is running around the lot initiating our app access requests… that should probably get squashed in corporate… if nothing else to stop the clock ticking on subscriptions before actual customer delivery. Because at some point they may hear from someone like me requesting a reset to the actual delivery date, not some random date when it was sitting on a lot in Dearborn.
Why did you hit activate if you are so worried about losing a week or two of your subscription?

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Why did you hit activate if you are so worried about losing a week or two of your subscription?
I’ve owned a lot of Ford products, including three that are visible in my FordPass. Activating a vehicle previously has never triggered the start of a subscription of any sort. It simply activated that vehicle on FordPass, allowed it to be seen and its various interactive functions be used, such that they existed (older vehicles could only display status). My hitting the activation button on the app was not a request to activate a subscription, just to activate the app. Again, this is a violation of basic process security procedures on Ford’s part. It should simply be impossible prior to taking title to the vehicle and is essentially handing over the keys without payment. Anyone with my phone could drive that truck right now. It was not reasonable, and quite a shock to have THAT occur as a result of my action. Others had already reported on this forum having activated their apps, with far less functional results. That is what I expected. I believe that I am the first to report and demonstrate above having triggered subscription initiation, and the ability to start the truck, turn on lights, beep the horn, etc., while it sits on the storage lot in Dearborn. That’s MY fault? Please.
Sponsored