• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Commercial Sales Ford

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Hybrid , 21 Harley Road Glide
Occupation
Ford Commercial Sales Manager
@Ford Senior Master & @Commercial Sales Ford

Have either of you seen this? Came across it and found it odd. 311A ER?

82C7F74A-C685-4703-912B-EFD065077251.jpeg
Long time no talk. How are things?

As previously said, It's a fleet order. Retail orders have green stickers, and fleet/stock have blue stickers. Since you can't have a stock order Lighting, it's a fleet order that someone backed out of.
Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass

As previously said, It's a fleet order. Retail orders have green stickers, and fleet/stock have blue stickers. Since you can't have a stock order Lighting, it's a fleet order that someone backed out of.
I figured it was a good way to pull you back in. How's the hybrid?

Commercial Sales Ford

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I figured it was a good way to pull you back in. How's the hybrid?
Haha you we're correct. Hybrid is amazing, about to hit 15k miles on this month already. Blue cruise is still the best, took a trip to Arkansas to get a puppy in December and man the difference driving with that makes over actually driving is worlds a difference. Will never own another vehicle without handsfree driving for sure.

So what ended up happening between the pro and Rivian?

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group IMG_2682

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Haha you we're correct. Hybrid is amazing, about to hit 15k miles on this month already. Blue cruise is still the best, took a trip to Arkansas to get a puppy in December and man the difference driving with that makes over actually driving is worlds a difference. Will never own another vehicle without handsfree driving for sure.

So what ended up happening between the pro and Rivian?

IMG_2682.jpg
What kind of pup is that? Those look like husky eyes, and sheepdog?

I ended up selling the Pro, had a couple of trades lined up for the Rivian but they fell through. So for now I have it still.

Is there a huge difference between active and bluecruise when going long distance? I’m used to putting pressure on the wheel and always wondered if was worth it. Figured I’d need to pay my hand somewhere anyway..

Commercial Sales Ford

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
What kind of pup is that? Those look like husky eyes, and sheepdog?

I ended up selling the Pro, had a couple of trades lined up for the Rivian but they fell through. So for now I have it still.

Is there a huge difference between active and bluecruise when going long distance? I’m used to putting pressure on the wheel and always wondered if was worth it. Figured I’d need to pay my hand somewhere anyway..
She is an Aussie (Australian Shepheard) Which is a herding breed.

You plan on making a come back to the good side?

I personally think so for many reasons. One you can really stretch out and get comfy in your seat. Long road trips I like to eat and drive, you can literally eat anything and drive with blue cruise, hold your fries and dipping sauce at the same time. But on the way back we did it in one shot which was over 17 hours that day and I never felt fatigued or tired from driving. With complete hands free it also prevents me from taking over the wheel and start driving like I will with just active.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass

I personally think so for many reasons. One you can really stretch out and get comfy in your seat. Long road trips I like to eat and drive, you can literally eat anything and drive with blue cruise, hold your fries and dipping sauce at the same time. But on the way back we did it in one shot which was over 17 hours that day and I never felt fatigued or tired from driving. With complete hands free it also prevents me from taking over the wheel and start driving like I will with just active.
That's been the plan for a while, but the deals kept falling through. Keeping two trucks is an option when we're talking about the Pro but not so much when we're talking about a Lariat/Platinum. Part of me regrets selling the Pro but I did so when I thought I had a solid deal on a trade. If I could turn back the clock I'd keep the Pro until I was able to get rid of the R1T.

The consensus so far is unanimous, everyone in the family prefers the Lightning over the Rivian..

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning

Cute pup! I was on a TDY in MS with a guy who was obsessed with Australian Shepherds. He had 2 at home, but ended up finding a breeder in AL renting a car and buying a pup…lol.

Agreed, blue cruise is great, until you‘re on a road with overhead toll gantries.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Cute pup! I was on a TDY in MS with a guy who was obsessed with Australian Shepherds. He had 2 at home, but ended up finding a breeder in AL renting a car and buying a pup…lol.

Agreed, blue cruise is great, until you‘re on a road with overhead toll gantries.
What happens there?

My Rivian interprets overpasses as a “tunnel” and does an emergency disconnect..

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
What happens there?

My Rivian interprets overpasses as a “tunnel” and does an emergency disconnect..
Blue cruise disengages and I get a warning to put my hands on the wheel. Thankfully I've not had any issues with overpasses. That's crazy...

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Blue cruise disengages and I get a warning to put my hands on the wheel. Thankfully I've not had any issues with overpasses. That's crazy...
Yea, it creates a dangerous situation when it happens. Especially since it's not consistent. Some overpasses are ok, some are not and unless you drive the road everyday I don't really have a clue. I think I know why they do it, I don't think the truck knows how to process the overpass in terms of which direction I'm going or nervous about a loss of internet connectivity (no drivers assist w/o internet)

As flawed as Tesla is; their system is probably the best in dealing with those. Although my guess is they kind of look at it and go...eh...who cares. Just keep going.

Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

So what you're saying is I should've bought a fleet of Lightnings?

In all seriousness, getting two ER Pros at the original MSRP is just an insane value, versus getting one Platinum for roughly the same cost. With around 25,000 trucks manufactured, I am guessing there's not many of these that were ever built, but the ones that were will likely go down as one of the best EV values of the decade.

My rule of thumb in buying a vehicle has always been go up to a more premium model with less features, than to get a loaded version of a cheaper model. It's usually the better value proposition.

Commercial Sales Ford

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Thank you! Weird I haven't had any issues with toll gantries on 95N headed to NYC.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
So what you're saying is I should've bought a fleet of Lightnings?

In all seriousness, getting two ER Pros at the original MSRP is just an insane value, versus getting one Platinum for roughly the same cost. With around 25,000 trucks manufactured, I am guessing there's not many of these that were ever built, but the ones that were will likely go down as one of the best EV values of the decade.

My rule of thumb in buying a vehicle has always been go up to a more premium model with less features, than to get a loaded version of a cheaper model. It's usually the better value proposition.
Yes, and since they’re fleet. They’re commercial vehicles. And it just so happens that @Commercial Sales Ford might know a guy who handles commercial sales…

Commercial Sales Ford

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yes, and since they’re fleet. They’re commercial vehicles. And it just so happens that @Commercial Sales Ford might know a guy who handles commercial sales…
@FordLightningMan If you got two Pro ER at the start that's the deal of the century..... We've been trying to get our local power company their lightings for over a year now, and will still be waiting for some time too.... They ended up buying our Pro SR Demo, for the mean time.

I know last time I looked Fleet customers we're maxed at 2 lightings without getting Ford involved for more.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
@FordLightningMan If you got two Pro ER at the start that's the deal of the century..... We've been trying to get our local power company their lightings for over a year now, and will still be waiting for some time too.... They ended up buying our Pro SR Demo, for the mean time.

I know last time I looked Fleet customers we're maxed at 2 lightings without getting Ford involved for more.
Have they been following up on that? I know someone with a FIN but definitely doesn’t hit the 4 vehicle requirement…
Sponsored