• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
Awesome pic, JL13, and congrats on the find!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Losi, With my oldest son, we went to the dealership walked around their lot and didn't see my truck that was supposed to be there according to the Ford email received a week ago confirming "positively delivered". Finally talked face to face with my assigned salesman and asked him to use their VinView tool to tell me exactly where my truck was. After awhile he came back with a list stating that the truck was still in Dearborn, then I told him to show me a screenshot of the map info; confirmation: Dearborn!!! Absolutely unbelievable and crazy! Who to believe these days. So we asked him the prognosis for the actual delivery and his answer: "probably another month...."; more than frustrating after two + years of waiting. Meanwhile my son is searching across all Arizona dealerships for a similar truck antimatter blue Platinum trim; and he found one 200 miles west from us in Kingman, Arizona.
Back to house, we talked to that dealership and it was one of two F150 Lightning on the lot. Reaching the end to month and they admitted having this vehicle for a little while, the negotiations were on the GO..... Checking the specs and other info on their website, we finally decided to secure the deal with a $5,000 credit card deposit.
And yesterday, my son with is Ionic 5 (EBV) and I went for the 200 miles drive. By the end of the day, after signing all the paperwork, I became to NEW OWNER of an F150 Lightning Platinum trim.
Unfortunately, that vehicle was under sale hold for the safety recall (rear light bar replacement; 23S30/23V418)..... So we couldn't drive the truck on the streets until the recall fix is implemented.... The truck should be good to go around November 10th; much better than waiting another month or more.....
Today, called back my original dealership and told them about my new purchase; they congratulated me and said that there was no issue for canceling my order and getting my $600.. deposits ($100.00 reservation + $500.00 conversion reservation to build/production)......

My build 8/7/2023 delivery nightmare finally over.... Now I'm starting to dream about the ride in this new truck and finally experience what all the new Lightning owners on this forum are talking about " how exceptional this electric truck ride and comfort are".

1698966606711.png
Congrat's on finding a substitute !!!

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I've marked this thread with a green check mark on the title because I'm no longer actively tracking orders here, I look forward to @Losi reporting the eventual delivery of a Lightning soon!!

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Congrat's on finding a substitute !!!
@TaxmanHog, thank you for all your help with the tracking support that you offered along the way; it has been very much appreciated.....
I don't want to affect your tracking statistics for the production and deliveries but my question for you is what should I do with the tracking data for my now (old) truck order on this forum? Is there any update that you would like me to post (like order cancelled on 11/02/2023)? Just curious, and again thank you for all your help.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog, thank you for all your help with the tracking support that you offered along the way; it has been very much appreciated.....
I don't want to affect your tracking statistics for the production and deliveries but my question for you is what should I do with the tracking data for my now (old) truck order on this forum? Is there any update that you would like me to post (like order cancelled on 11/02/2023)? Just curious, and again thank you for all your help.
No special efforts needed, but if you are still watching its progress, you can post a final update to the record list it's major dates using this link. I don't have administrative control on those records, but each of us have control of our own listing.

* Lightning Change Request Form <-- Link to submit edit request for your submitted order info.

=============

Don't forget to visit the owners registry
* Owner's Registry Submission Form <-- Link to submit your owner info.

Sponsored

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Awesome pic, JL13, and congrats on the find!!
Thank you, and like I posted, I can't wait to start driving that truck locally in AZ before tackling a cross country trip (AZ <--> South Carolina and back) to visit our family out there....
I might wait until next year for the long trip to take advantage of the Tesla charging network capability with our Lightning trucks.... (y):)

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
Interesting, I thought maybe I had the dubious distinction of being the only one.

Good luck! How’d it go?

this sounds like progress, am I wrong?

I tried to activate truck on Ford Pass but was denied by ‘primary user’, not sure what that means.

I’m starting to think, on some irrational, existential level, that perhaps I won’t/shouldn’t get the truck and need to move on. I see several Expeditions on places like Carvana that while gas guzzlers, seat more people, offer more features at a lower price and have the basic truck frame anyway. I dunno. It’s been a 2+ year process with interminable delays w/ poor customer service. The truck sitting there in oblivion.
If you haven't get, go to your dealer and ask them to let you take one for a test drive. You will never look at another truck again.

TruckTyrant

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Volswagon GTi, F150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Engineer
No special efforts needed, but if you are still watching its progress, you can post a final update to the record list it's major dates using this link. I don't have administrative control on those records, but each of us have control of our own listing.

* Lightning Change Request Form <-- Link to submit edit request for your submitted order info.

=============

Don't forget to visit the owners registry
* Owner's Registry Submission Form <-- Link to submit your owner info.
Is there a reason why i'm not being included? I'm on the tracking list.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Is there a reason why i'm not being included? I'm on the tracking list.
Primarily I've hoped to get a few VINS for each build week to measure the timing and flow of production through the year and to gather gross production counts, now that we are into the November build weeks, I'm focusing on those weeks through the end of MY23 production.

Folks who shared a VIN are/were being followed by me, at this point you can input your updates if you know how to use the public date tracker Ford-US Then you can input your changes to the record using this link * Lightning Change Request Form . If you want help researching, send me a DM with your vin.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1699017832940

Sponsored

TruckTyrant

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
You know I hear ford whining about EV demand dropping off and I just have to chuckle.

Today Ford told me that my Truck was deemed unshippable by Quality with no explanation of what the issue is. They told me to call the Dealer and proceed from there.

Of course I called the dealer and they had no idea why the vehicle is not being shipped.

Next week will be the 2 year mark since I began this fiasco. I think Im starting to run out of enthusiasm. What a cluster!

SMMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning (ordered)
I’m in a somewhat similar boat. Although Ford has not told me the truck is unshippable (not sure why they don’t replace yours with a new build as folks who didn’t even order until September have already received their vehicles), no one can seem to find out where mine is (other than on Ramp 59 for almost 3 months). It is very, very frustrating. The single worst buying experience of my life. And I still would like to get the truck. @Ford Motor Company, if you make the buying process this unfair and tortured for folks who really want your product, I don’t see how this bodes well for your success in this market when choices expand.

TruckTyrant

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’m in a somewhat similar boat. Although Ford has not told me the truck is unshippable (not sure why they don’t replace yours with a new build as folks who didn’t even order until September have already received their vehicles), no one can seem to find out where mine is (other than on Ramp 59 for almost 3 months). It is very, very frustrating. The single worst buying experience of my life. And I still would like to get the truck. @Ford Motor Company, if you make the buying process this unfair and tortured for folks who really want your product, I don’t see how this bodes well for your success in this market when choices expand.
I hate to say it but you might be in the exact same position as I am. My Truck was also listed as being at Ramp 59. Call your dealership and have them put in a ticketon your vehicle. Iput one in with Ford Customer Service and it took a week but this has been the outcome.

I threatened the dealer with canceling the order as its been 7 months now and I am just at the end of my rope with this. I need to sell my 4Runner and I cant until I have a replacement to haul my bikes around. Enough is a enough. The truly infuriating part is that that can't even tell me why the status is unshippable. The informational exchnage has just absolutely sucked. I bet any day now Im going to get another on of those bullshit emails telling me that my order is delayed because of supply chain issues!

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
And yet there are unsold inventory strewn about the country, one would think they have a very close match to a few of these stuck builds, maybe chat with your sales folks, to see if they are will to do a national search and find a model that's as close to if not a perfect match to what you're ordering.

TruckTyrant

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
And yet there are unsold inventory strewn about the country, one would think they have a very close match to a few of these stuck builds, maybe chat with your sales folks, to see if they are will to do a national search and find a model that's as close to if not a perfect match to what you're ordering.
I did suggest this yesterday and my salesman of course suggested that I wait to see what Ford offered in compensation. He suggested that when this situation happens they usually throw the buyer a few incentives to hang in there for an expedited re-order. I have mixed emotions about that. They are supposed to call me today with an explanation for the un shippable status.

I'm going to start shopping around to see what's nearby.
Sponsored