• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

ncollins516

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Received my Charge Station in mail.. have it installed and just had final electrical inspected.. that's the last step to be up and running (other than the power company putting in their peak meter)..

To capture it, here's the timeline of events:
Lariat ER
Initially reserved: 10/5/21
Ordered: 3/31/23
Blend Week: 8/7/23
Asked to complete purchase: 10/20/23
Delivery Taken from Dealer: 10/24/23
Charger Received: 11/6/23 - 2 year, 1 month and 1 day later..

The good news.. it's a great truck.. and man is it fast.. crazy fast. A little anxiety until I live through my first cold MN winter.. Good luck to the rest of you that have your truck or waiting on it still!
Sponsored

TruckTyrant

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Volswagon GTi, F150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Engineer
Dealership found an F150 that pretty closely matched my order. It was 70 miles away. Its Avalanche instead of Antimatter Blue but after looking at it that color is really starting to grow on me. It has the factory spray in liner which I didn't want but again not the end of the world.It also has a bed mat. Why would you want both?

The only thing it is missing is the heated steering wheel. The Dealership is telling me that it cant be added back later but I swear I have seen people on this forum discussing exactly that. Can the heated steering be added later?

Also, apparently you can't get the tax credit at time of sale until January 1st. Oh well, so I have to wait a few months to claim it on my tax return I guess.

Hopefully this two year sojourn will be reaching a milestone next week, of course then the SunRun saga begins!

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The only thing it is missing is the heated steering wheel. The Dealership is telling me that it cant be added back later but I swear I have seen people on this forum discussing exactly that. Can the heated steering be added later?
Assuming the window sticker is showing the delete credit, then that trim would be eligible for the refit once the parts & programming issue is currently resolved.

Buy now, claim the tax credit on your 1040-2023 to be filed starting late January 2024, only weeks difference from retail at the register credit.

IMHO, buy now & enjoy the truck!

TruckTyrant

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Assuming the window sticker is showing the delete credit, then that trim would be eligible for the refit once the parts & programming issue is currently resolved.

Buy now, claim the tax credit on your 1040-2023 to be filed starting late January 2024, only weeks difference from retail at the register credit.

IMHO, buy now & enjoy the truck!
Yes its showing -150 for the Heated Steering Wheel.

I told the dealer to bring the truck in and like I said hoping to purchase it early next week. Can't wait!

TruckTyrant

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Dealership calls me today and tells me that the other dealership put the F150 in a Loaner program and that they can no longer get it for me. They were nice enough to just finally give up trying to sell me a vehicle at all and revealed where the other Dealership was and suggested that I try to buy it directly.

So I contact this other dealership and they have marked the F150 down an additional $4500 in addition to the Ford 7500 rebate. At first I thought high miles? Nah it had 118 miles on it.It was a canceled order and they just want it gone. It was pretty dirty so I am assuming its been sitting in the back of the lot for a bit of time!

Not only that but it has the heated steering wheel and all of the Recall and CSP's.

I test drove it and bought it on the spot. Picking it up Thursday after they clean her up and fully charge it.

Now I have to cancel my original order and get my 600 dollar back.

What a whack o process this has been but in the end I paid 20k under msrp for a loaded Lariat which I am pretty damn happy about.

Now lets see how long it takes to get the Charge Station Pro.

Sponsored

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
I am beyond frustrated with Ford/Sunrun - I purchased my truck on 10/21, dealer closed the paperwork with Ford on 10/24 sold. Sunrun thinks my truck was sold on 10/27 and still no tracking information despite multiple calls.
Finally got the Ford Charger installed - happy trails of KWs to all

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, F-150h, various others
Occupation
retired
The Lightning is still sitting on the lot with a stop sell order. The dealer hasn't even washed the shipping pen marks off it. Sad all the way around.

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Why Stop sell?
I had a similar experience with the truck I bought from the dealership lot. We processed all the sale paperwork but I couldn't take the truck home until the safety recall was fixed; replacement of the rear light bar..... I had to wait 10 days before I could drive my truck home.... Good luck with your situation and I hope for you that it gets resolved quickly.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Why Stop sell?
Heater module issue for which they DO NOT have parts to repair as of yet.

IMHO the MOCO should scuttle future production and scavenge the GOOD parts to repair these pending delivery trucks come on @Ford Motor Company.

FLEET & SPEC orders can wait until MY24

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Why Stop sell?
I kid you not, the owner of the dealership told me the gov't will fine them $26,000 if they sell it with this defrost recall open. That may or may not be true but what is certainly true is that there are two other azure XLT ERs within 50 miles and I will be seeing both tomorrow.

Supposedly only 972 trucks effected so I can see why Ford is not making this a priority.

edit to tag @Ford Motor Company to see if there is any insight on this recall. At this point I think I am done with it as the Truck sat in Dearborn for weeks and now is sitting outside at the dealership for weeks.

Last edited:

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
another week of the truck sitting outside. I think I will be buying a R1T instead at this point. How bad is this "defrost" recall that it can't be fixed?

SMMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning (ordered)
My Lightning procurement journey

Lariat ER
Initial reservation: May 2021
Invited to order: April 2023
Ordered: 4/13/23
Blend Week: 8/7/23
Build Day: 8/8/23

From Blend week until 11/15/23-many checks on status on the Ford tracker site, many calls to Ford and Dealership. Never leaves “In Production” status, no update since 9/12/23. Frankly, I think they lost it.

Gave up and told Dealer I’m going to try to find something similar at another Dealer: 11/15/23

Dealer, to their great credit, finds something similar to ordered truck that was just delivered to another Dealer within 200 miles. Sends local driver to pick it up: 11/16/23

I take delivery of the similar truck: 11/17/23, (build date 8/16/23, 8 days after the one I ordered)

Start 1,000+ mile trip: 11/18/23

Number of problems on trip: 0 (other than an inadequate, non-Tesla, charging infrastructure during a holiday travel surge which is a well known problem which FMC and others seem to be trying to address)

@Ford Motor Company-The truck is really great and I appreciate you decided to make such a good product. The process of acquiring the product, at least the one I experienced, is sorely lacking and leaves lingering ill will. Something seems broken when your most dedicated customers are treated poorly and unfairly. Perhaps that is your chosen business model, but it doesn’t make sense to me. Putting yourself in the middle of the buying process, in my opinion, only results in confusion. It might be wise to get out of the business of directly interacting with customers and stick to what you’re good at, making great vehicles.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
another week of the truck sitting outside. I think I will be buying a R1T instead at this point. How bad is this "defrost" recall that it can't be fixed?
I punted on the truck as it is unclear when parts for the approved "fix" will be available and the communications from Ford to both me and the dealer has been horrific. At this point I will never buy a Ford younger than I am again.

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
I punted on the truck as it is unclear when parts for the approved "fix" will be available and the communications from Ford to both me and the dealer has been horrific. At this point I will never buy a Ford younger than I am again.
Completely understand. Too bad - it's a great truck (once you get it :) - but Ford's communications in the delivery and with dealers are terrible. This includes post-delivery also.
Sponsored