• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
If what I heard is correct, Ford is responding by just ending this program of including the FCSP with ERs starting with the 2024 model year. So they're just really running out the clock on this. Changing anything at this point has very little ROI for Ford.
Thanks - Interesting and not surprising- All I want is my Ford Station Pro Charger at this point - w/o having to deal with a middle vendor. Hopefully Sunrun will ship it soon.

This experience has dampened the great experience of the Truck
Sponsored

ncollins516

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks - Interesting and not surprising- All I want is my Ford Station Pro Charger at this point - w/o having to deal with a middle vendor. Hopefully Sunrun will ship it soon.

This experience has dampened the great experience of the Truck
It's so frustrating.. I can deal with the production delays.. I get it.. it's not a well oiled machine on production yet..

but the delay through Sunrun is a fixable activity that feels controllable.. even the fact it takes 5+ days for Ford to Sunrun communication of the sale.. overnight.. ok.. but 5 business days? come on..

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog how do I communicate to Ford that the Sunrun shipment process for the chargers is broken and having customers wait 10-15 business days for a Charger that should have been in the truck is not good PR for Ford or their vendor SunRun. Please give be a channel as this is not good for the EV experience - especially with EV sales sliding now.
@Ford Motor Company customer contact folks are listening and maybe pinging them directly with your observations might help, but if what @invertedspear says is true, then not much likely to change.

The front line folks can't solve the problem but they can buck-slip it up to upper management & engineering.

Wondering if they will open up the protocols to other manufacturers who are dipping their toes into bi-directional EVSE systems, then let true free market competition drive customers to those who make the best products and provide the best customer & technical service!

harlano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SCREW, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2023 Lighning XLT ER
Occupation
1/2 retired
@TaxmanHog how do I communicate to Ford that the Sunrun shipment process for the chargers is broken and having customers wait 10-15 business days for a Charger that should have been in the truck is not good PR for Ford or their vendor SunRun. Please give be a channel as this is not good for the EV experience - especially with EV sales sliding now.
FWIW, my truck got delivered to my driveway on 10/18/23 and I received the FCSP on 10/26/23 via FEDEX. Tracking shows it was shipped 10/24/23. Didn't lift a finger to get it nor make any phone calls. My sales guy told me it would happen automatically and it did. He made sure that SunRun was notified. Hope yours arrives quickly!

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FWIW, my truck got delivered to my driveway on 10/18/23 and I received the FCSP on 10/26/23 via FEDEX. Tracking shows it was shipped 10/24/23. Didn't lift a finger to get it nor make any phone calls. My sales guy told me it would happen automatically and it did. He made sure that SunRun was notified. Hope yours arrives quickly!
This is great news but an exception to the process as I have observed it - very unfortunately.

Sponsored

harlano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SCREW, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2023 Lighning XLT ER
Occupation
1/2 retired
This is great news but an exception to the process as I have observed it - very unfortunately.
Here's wishing for a speedy delivery on yours!

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
Anyone in this build week still waiting for delivery? I haven’t gotten any updates about my truck.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Anyone in this build week still waiting for delivery? I haven’t gotten any updates about my truck.
@JL13 is waiting in ip mode still

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I'm starting to feel a lot better and maybe it will be time to pay a visit to my dealership in Chandler, AZ (wearing a COVID-19 mask of course) and try to find out what they are doing (or not doing ) with my truck.....
Wish me luck!!! :cool:

ncollins516

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Here's wishing for a speedy delivery on yours!
Just got the Fedex notification of my shipment from SunRun.. says charger will be here on Monday. No communication from SunRun just a fedex shipment.. if it get's here Monday will be 2 weeks from taking delivery of truck.

Sponsored

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just got the Fedex notification of my shipment from SunRun.. says charger will be here on Monday. No communication from SunRun just a fedex shipment.. if it get's here Monday will be 2 weeks from taking delivery of truck.
I am beyond frustrated with Ford/Sunrun - I purchased my truck on 10/21, dealer closed the paperwork with Ford on 10/24 sold. Sunrun thinks my truck was sold on 10/27 and still no tracking information despite multiple calls.

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
I am also still waiting @ In Production.

Ford Customer Relations just told me that the Truck released to carrier on Saturday October 28th.
It's shocking that this kind of oversight happens in what should be a six sigma build environment. There should be automated triggers that flag status changes for a customer. Hell, if I ran Ford, all stages of assembly would be filmed and live streamed, and each customer would get notifications of status with real-time links to streams of their car/truck being built. (I would have worked that into the UAW negotiations to get worker permissions to do this.) If properly built, such a transparent process would be cheap to deploy as it would be fully automated.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
Interesting, I thought maybe I had the dubious distinction of being the only one.

I'm starting to feel a lot better and maybe it will be time to pay a visit to my dealership in Chandler, AZ (wearing a COVID-19 mask of course) and try to find out what they are doing (or not doing ) with my truck.....
Wish me luck!!! :cool:
Good luck! How’d it go?

I am also still waiting @ In Production.

Ford Customer Relations just told me that the Truck released to carrier on Saturday October 28th.
this sounds like progress, am I wrong?

I tried to activate truck on Ford Pass but was denied by ‘primary user’, not sure what that means.

I’m starting to think, on some irrational, existential level, that perhaps I won’t/shouldn’t get the truck and need to move on. I see several Expeditions on places like Carvana that while gas guzzlers, seat more people, offer more features at a lower price and have the basic truck frame anyway. I dunno. It’s been a 2+ year process with interminable delays w/ poor customer service. The truck sitting there in oblivion.

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Interesting, I thought maybe I had the dubious distinction of being the only one.

Good luck! How’d it go?

this sounds like progress, am I wrong?

I tried to activate truck on Ford Pass but was denied by ‘primary user’, not sure what that means.

I’m starting to think, on some irrational, existential level, that perhaps I won’t/shouldn’t get the truck and need to move on. I see several Expeditions on places like Carvana that while gas guzzlers, seat more people, offer more features at a lower price and have the basic truck frame anyway. I dunno. It’s been a 2+ year process with interminable delays w/ poor customer service. The truck sitting there in oblivion.
Losi, With my oldest son, we went to the dealership walked around their lot and didn't see my truck that was supposed to be there according to the Ford email received a week ago confirming "positively delivered". Finally talked face to face with my assigned salesman and asked him to use their VinView tool to tell me exactly where my truck was. After awhile he came back with a list stating that the truck was still in Dearborn, then I told him to show me a screenshot of the map info; confirmation: Dearborn!!! Absolutely unbelievable and crazy! Who to believe these days. So we asked him the prognosis for the actual delivery and his answer: "probably another month...."; more than frustrating after two + years of waiting. Meanwhile my son is searching across all Arizona dealerships for a similar truck antimatter blue Platinum trim; and he found one 200 miles west from us in Kingman, Arizona.
Back to house, we talked to that dealership and it was one of two F150 Lightning on the lot. Reaching the end to month and they admitted having this vehicle for a little while, the negotiations were on the GO..... Checking the specs and other info on their website, we finally decided to secure the deal with a $5,000 credit card deposit.
And yesterday, my son with is Ionic 5 (EBV) and I went for the 200 miles drive. By the end of the day, after signing all the paperwork, I became to NEW OWNER of an F150 Lightning Platinum trim.
Unfortunately, that vehicle was under sale hold for the safety recall (rear light bar replacement; 23S30/23V418)..... So we couldn't drive the truck on the streets until the recall fix is implemented.... The truck should be good to go around November 10th; much better than waiting another month or more.....
Today, called back my original dealership and told them about my new purchase; they congratulated me and said that there was no issue for canceling my order and getting my $600.. deposits ($100.00 reservation + $500.00 conversion reservation to build/production)......

My build 8/7/2023 delivery nightmare finally over.... Now I'm starting to dream about the ride in this new truck and finally experience what all the new Lightning owners on this forum are talking about " how exceptional this electric truck ride and comfort are".

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1698966606711
Sponsored