• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Something I noticed is it appears that a dealer-ordered vehicle for a customer links to a Ford Account which allows keeping up with the progress. I believe this is different than what happened with the Mach-E and Bronco where you're flying blind.

EDIT: Nevermind, I reread the notes and it seems like you won't be able to check status online? Although the screenshot shows the timeline on the page. Maybe you'll be able to track but just can't make changes to the order.
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I plan on getting a Pro, cost is my issue. If the allotment isn't there I'll just postpone until it's available. Nice to know my spot is held and prioritized for when more Pro become available.

Skeldog99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Hybrid Lariat 502A
Looking forward to going through the build and price tool. Love my Powerboost Platinum and EV doesn't make sense for me, at this time. But, it will be fun to see what is possible.
I’m thinking the same with my PB Lariat

Erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW, Fiat
Looks like they are way under forecasting the Pro orders. They will probably end up telling most Pro customers to order a 23MY or 24MY and they'll probably increase the price for the Pro next year. The only reason I reserved the F150L was because it would start at $32.5k after federal credit.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
All questions will be answered on 01/04/2022

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
So it says that the dashboard that shows what wave the reservation holders will be in should be updated 3-5 days in advance of emailed invites. Does this mean that dealers can currently see the wave 1 customers?

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
So wait a minute... am I reading this right? No Extended Range battery on the XLT base, OR the Lariat base? Meaning you need the XLT Premium or the Lariat Premium to get the ER battery? XLT + to Lariat + will be a big price jump for those in between XLT/Lariat.

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-10.jpg
Constrained by battery supply I guess. Luckily SR is good enough for me.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
So it says that the dashboard that shows what wave the reservation holders will be in should be updated 3-5 days in advance of emailed invites. Does this mean that dealers can currently see the wave 1 customers?
I think they can. The reason I say this is because I had asked my dealer last month if they could tell me what place I was in as far as ordering. They told me they could not see what place I was and that only Ford knew that. Today I received a text from the dealer saying that I am #4 and ordering should be open soon. The question now is, how many orders per wave will Ford allow.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
There's a comment on Reddit from someone who said they're the only wave 1 customer and that the wave 2 customer reserved 9 minutes later, so my assumption is "yes".

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
I’m in for the Lariat plus so I’m hoping.

Sponsored

Clickbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Registered to say my dealer called me and confirmed I'm in Wave 1, so yes they can see this now and Wave 2 at least I believe (I can't confirm this)

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I would advise everyone to go test drive an ICE F-150 before deciding, especially if you are comparing it to a Rivian which is much much much smaller than an F-150. The Rivian is the equivalent of a Truck Tesla, the Lightning is an F-150 Truck with not much Tech. While the Rivian offers Air Suspension, I can imagine it riding better than an F-150 comfort wise or being able to load the bed with the same amount of Cargo. I think they are two different type of trucks, but one is available for you to go check out right now. While it is an ICE you will be test driving, I can assure you the rest will be the same. At least for me, I think it will be the perfect vehicle with it now being an EV with AWD and IRS.

pjs128.g14

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 FORD F-150 SUPER CREW PU/CC 4x4 XLT
I believe there is an error in this guide (for the Lariat).

The Chart shows an MSRP of $67,474 for a Base Model (510A) (SR Battery) Lariat with Standards/Options listed below. It indicates Tow Technology is Standard.

But read further to the Battery & Driver Assist Summary and the Lariat Chart shows under 510A Tow Technology is Optional but Standard under 511A (which I will call the Lariat + or Lariat Premium). It cannot be right in both cases.

I also am happy that the $67,474 price for the Base Lariat has not changed since the June Survey and does include the Destination Charges in the MSRP (which I believe was increased last year).

If my estimates are right I believe I can get a fully loaded Lariat for $79,208.00, thereby staying under my $80,000.00 limit just in case a new tax credit law is passed this year limiting purchases of trucks to under $80,000.00.
Current text of the proposed bill for reference:

"
(e) MANUFACTURER’S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE LIMITATION.—​
(1) IN GENERAL.—No credit shall be allowed under subsection (a) for a vehicle with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price in excess of the applicable limitation.​
(2) APPLICABLE LIMITATION.—For purposes of paragraph (1), the applicable limitation for each vehicle classification is as follows​
(C) PICKUP TRUCKS.—In the case of a pickup truck, $80,000
"

Last edited:

RudeLightning

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning Platinum, 22' Bronco Badlands
This is getting exciting! I'm all amped up and hope to ride one of the first wave orders!
Sponsored