• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 12/05 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
Congrats. Time to enjoy. What color is yours?

you may be right on the mileage. It did look like that under the driver feet and under the truck a bit too. I wonder who won, when they were racing our trucks in snow.
Dude if they actually drove it between plants that’s messed up. Lol
Sponsored

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yup, I think mine lost that race. Mine was not as intense with coverage.

Yes, that was the first thing they put in writing. Apparently that was a standard practice long before Lightning. Ford honors the price at the order time and in my opinion any dealer playing dumb on that one is trying to pull a fast one. The $7K rebate is what I had problem getting clear response to. I had to go in person, have them get to the correct screen and once we all saw it together, they revised and signed the original order to include it with the balance due including both. That is exactly what I paid at the pick up with no drama. This was all new to me, and I owe it all to this forum and it's members. If I looked clueless going in, things could have been very different.
It was definitely standard practice before the lightning. The Broncos, Mach E, raptors, etc all needed it. My dealer said they knew about price protection, but wanted to make sure it applied to the lightning. It took a while to get an answer from the rep, but they are honoring it!!

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Congrats Maxx!!
Beautiful truck and pictures! Surely worth the wait. I am so happy to hear that you didn't face any challenges in getting the $5k + $7k, plus they signed your Tax form. Great job!
I will do the same when I am taking delivery. Hopefully mine will be smooth as well.

Nobody knows where my truck is. I called Ford Marketing on Friday and they said it's still on microchip hold, but the status has been shipped since 12/22 with No delivery estimate and no email. I was told it's on BNSF train and it's been in Blue Island, IL for over 2 weeks...
Thanks. Things were unclear about my truck for most of it as well. Once Elvis left the building, my dealer was able to see where it was while Ford CS was telling me it is still on chip hold. I told my dealer the truck is at their dealership before the people I was working with knew simply because of the email I received from Ford. I am guessing when the truck is delivered, something electronic is signed that triggers an automatic process that shoots out the email. So just look out for the email from Ford or your Ford page that tells you to complete the purchase. If checking out trains is stressing you out don’t do it (I could be a doctor). You have already missed 22, there is no reason to get worked up over a few days sooner or later. I know I sound like a hypocrite after killing multiple refresh keys but promise land is almost in hand try to enjoy it.

Last edited:

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dude if they actually drove it between plants that’s messed up. Lol
I think my truck was sitting in Michigan for a while but the “Lightning” speed at which it got to Maryland once it started moving makes me think it should have a lot more than 45 miles on it.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I 100% agree with you! Every time I called customer service and they told me I was getting it even though I didn’t select it. Every time I told them to put it in my notes. They told me to call them when I pick up the truck if it wasn’t included. I will try to get one from the dealer and tell them to pull it from one of their cars on the lot. If that doesn’t work, I will have them call customer service with me or the Ford rep.

Not trying to be a pain in the butt here, but like you said, the 2022 was supposed to come with it, and we were never offered that truck, since it only went to fleets. Also I ask customer service multiple times and they said yes. Oh and when I place my order, the website said it comes with it (see attached pic).

C0DAD8CD-2BCD-4788-9846-75B656C0CB5F.jpeg
Do you have a link to that page?

The page I see says it is "avaiable" not "comes with"

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/features/ev-charging/ford-mobile-power-cord/

Not sure if it is the same page updated or different page. I need to take a screenshot with date and time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
I 100% agree with you! Every time I called customer service and they told me I was getting it even though I didn’t select it. Every time I told them to put it in my notes. They told me to call them when I pick up the truck if it wasn’t included. I will try to get one from the dealer and tell them to pull it from one of their cars on the lot. If that doesn’t work, I will have them call customer service with me or the Ford rep.

Not trying to be a pain in the butt here, but like you said, the 2022 was supposed to come with it, and we were never offered that truck, since it only went to fleets. Also I ask customer service multiple times and they said yes. Oh and when I place my order, the website said it comes with it (see attached pic).

C0DAD8CD-2BCD-4788-9846-75B656C0CB5F.jpeg
Wow! I didn't pay attention to this. I placed the cord on order $500, and I regret it. Maybe I should talk to the dealer, maybe they will give me credit. Honestly not my biggest concern. I will be happy if they make the private offer and price protection without any hassle. Please keep us posted, EdwinT & Maxx! Thx

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you have a link to that page?

The page I see says it is "avaiable" not "comes with"

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/features/ev-charging/ford-mobile-power-cord/

Not sure if it is the same page updated or different page. I need to take a screenshot with date and time.
That’s the page! They’ve updated it since the pic I took. I posted it in the Facebook group a while back. My screen shot is specifically from Oct25 so they must’ve updated it after getting complaints

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wow! I didn't pay attention to this. I placed the cord on order $500, and I regret it. Maybe I should talk to the dealer, maybe they will give me credit. Honestly not my biggest concern. I will be happy if they make the private offer and price protection without any hassle. Please keep us posted, EdwinT & Maxx! Thx
They definitely did not mean to write the webpage like that but facts are they did and ford CS verified at least three times! I hope they actually wrote it in my notes like I asked them to

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
I'm not sure I understand the use case of a mobile charger vs. a wall mounted one. I've never heard of there being 240volt outlets installed in random places. Would it just be useful to use the 120 volt connector to charge super slow at a friend's house that doesn't have a charger?

Fastnf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 lightning
I'm not sure I understand the use case of a mobile charger vs. a wall mounted one. I've never heard of there being 240volt outlets installed in random places. Would it just be useful to use the 120 volt connector to charge super slow at a friend's house that doesn't have a charger?

When I travel to my sons or brothers house in Oregon I plug my 240 volt mobile charger into their dryer outlet. That way I can get a full charge overnight. This is helpful since my brothers house is about 200 miles from my sons houses. Its also nice on the day I head back home to southern California to start with a full charge for the 800 mile trip. It allows me extra time with the family rather than looking for and sitting at a fast charger.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ddaputnam

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Energi, 23 Lightning XLT
When I travel to my sons or brothers house in Oregon I plug my mobile charger in to their dryer outlet. That way I can get a full charger overnight. This is helpful since my brother house is about 200 miles from my sons houses. Its also nice on the day I head back home to southern California to start with a full charge for the 800 mile trip. It allows me extra time with the family rather than looking for and sitting at a fast charger.
I use the mobile charger when 120 volt available to keep from loosing battery level in cold weather. Doesn’t add much but prevents more drain.

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Everything the others said plus emergency situations. You are far more likely to find an outlet than a charger.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Shipped ✅..... They found my XLT in the pile of cars!!!!!!!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 12/05 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot_2023-01-08-16-27-10-27_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Apparently my truck is being Convoy'd from Dearborn to North Carolina. Apparently Ford is having issues with their main transport partner and is now throwing vehicles on any vehicle transport available
What?! What makes you say that? Mine showed convoyed to the train station, and then train to New Jersey and then convoy again. I am waiting on last convoy now.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT