• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 9/05 Lightning Build Week Group

kyriotate

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Y'all I have just about had it with my freakin dealer with this truck. I cannot get any info from them every single time it is just "yeah I'll check", "yeah let me look into it and I'll get back with you".
My best info came from the CSX info or the ford customer numbers that are buried a bit earlier in this thread. I wouldn't even go to your dealer about it as compared to those places until it's close.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 9/05 Lightning Build Week Group 1667133709366

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 9/05 Lightning Build Week Group 1667133733531

thesneak155

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
How's everyone enjoying their trucks? What are your goods, bads, and mehs with it?

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon
How's everyone enjoying their trucks? What are your goods, bads, and mehs with it?
I’m loving it so far! Initially it felt a bit big as my daily commuter but that might have been because I sold my last truck several months ago and was use to driving around in a smaller MachE. Now I welcome the large size and it’s just bonkers how much room the family has in the cabin.

I enjoy the ride quality of the Lightning more than on the Ram Limited with air suspension, Ford did a great job here. Also bluecruise works great for me when I use it during bumper to bumper traffic.

Its mostly all good for me, the bad is small stuff and related to the interior materials quality. The leather on the seats feels a bit thin compared to newer model GM and Ram trucks and I’m not sure what material they used along the top edge on the door but it’s a bit hard, sometimes I rest my arm on it while driving. The ventilated seats work better than they did on my last Ram, maybe that’s why they chose that stretchy leather, IDK.

The the rapid quiet acceleration, the large power frunk, the ride quality, you’re going to love it!

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Well, I only had mine a week and pretty much only drove it straight home (900 miles).
All in all I'd say I love it ! I'm with Daniel on the material choices, as one would want a bit more for $80,000 (Lariat ER) but it's by no means bad.

The good: endless room, very quiet, it's quick, WAF (she went from "I hate trucks" >> "this is not bad"), BlueCruise is nice but it does weave / lane hunt quite a bit on certain roads. The truck handles surprisingly well, yes it's a bit of a boat (more on that on the "bad") but it still corners quite nicely, my old Jeep GC felt less planted in the corners than this thing.

The "bad": Software - There's quite a few glitches and the whole Sync>>Alexa>>Android Auto integration seem to be three platforms slapped together with little or no validation that they actually work together. Examples:

Startup is very slow (I know, patience old man, patience) but I wish they spent less time on fancy splash screens and more time on booting up the system.

Listening to Amazon Music - It switches song (which is painfully slow BTW) and all of a sudden the radio starts playing for 3-5 seconds and then flips back to Amazon Music.

It automatically switches to Bluetooth media input when it detects a signal.
Like the other day I had android auto disabled (because of another issue) and was just playing the radio with the navigation on my phone active (just my phone) - the navigation prompts a turn, sync detects it and switches to Bluetooth media. (Haven't found an option for disabling this).

Speed change with cruise-control active - This one took a while to figure out: I use the +/- buttons to change my speed on the cruise control, but I also don't want the truck to handle the acceleration (as it's generally a bit weird) so if it changes from 55 to 70 I'd typically accelerate using the pedals and at the same time hit + to get the cruise control to the speed I want, well, this doesn't work... for some unknown reason the minute you override the cruise-control it goes gray on the dash and you can't make any adjustments on the fly, so the only way around it is to disable it and re-enable it.
Not a big issue, but every single car I've ever driven so far (excluding the lightning) doesn't have this issue so it's more of a "Why, Ford, why ?"

The wireless Android Auto / Hotspot issue - I brought this up in a separate thread and basically it boils down to not being able to use wireless android auto / charger with the in-vehicle dataplan.
Reading up on it it appears that it's more of an android auto implementation issue than it's a Ford issue, but it's annoying nonetheless.

Screen operation: Plenty of people have complained about this already so I'll just say that I agree.
I'm alone in my car 99.99% of the time, so to take up valuable real-estate with buttons that'll never be used is kind of stu... well... not great. But if you had the ability to customize the bottom row of buttons / icons and link the preferences to the driver profile, now that would be great.

Mechanical:
Suspension shudder: Not sure if I'm crazy here but when you drive over ridges or manhole covers it feels like the suspension shudders / bounces for a split second as if the truck is under-dampened, something which would also explain the boaty ride quality. I don't feel it in the front, but it is noticeable in the rear.

The dreaded "click" - I only made it to Ohio (750 miles) before noticing it. If this is an actual issue it's surprising that it haven't been addressed in production considering it's been talked about for quite some time.

Sounds / Beeps: Some complain about the truck being noisy but I think most of it is acceptable.
The only thing I would agree with slightly is the Frunk beep, most of the time (because it's fairly slow) you're standing right in front of it and then it is on the louder side. Not to the point where I'd spend $30 to get rid of it but more of "Geez, does it have to be that annoying".

I'm sorry that the bad seem to overshadow the good, that's not the case. It's a fantastic vehicle and I really like it a lot and I'm sure you'll love yours too. I just wanted to give some context to why I believe the bad isn't great. But even so, the "bad" isn't that bad, it's nuisances - that could have made a great vehicle "perfect". Software is a slight concern, if Ford is planning on going full Android Automotive instead of Sync, that means that development will stop at some point and the current Sync based platform will only be subject to maintenance / bugfixes.

Sponsored

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
Well, I only had mine a week and pretty much only drove it straight home (900 miles).
All in all I'd say I love it ! I'm with Daniel on the material choices, as one would want a bit more for $80,000 (Lariat ER) but it's by no means bad.

The good: endless room, very quiet, it's quick, WAF (she went from "I hate trucks" >> "this is not bad"), BlueCruise is nice but it does weave / lane hunt quite a bit on certain roads. The truck handles surprisingly well, yes it's a bit of a boat (more on that on the "bad") but it still corners quite nicely, my old Jeep GC felt less planted in the corners than this thing.

The "bad": Software - There's quite a few glitches and the whole Sync>>Alexa>>Android Auto integration seem to be three platforms slapped together with little or no validation that they actually work together. Examples:

Startup is very slow (I know, patience old man, patience) but I wish they spent less time on fancy splash screens and more time on booting up the system.

Listening to Amazon Music - It switches song (which is painfully slow BTW) and all of a sudden the radio starts playing for 3-5 seconds and then flips back to Amazon Music.

It automatically switches to Bluetooth media input when it detects a signal.
Like the other day I had android auto disabled (because of another issue) and was just playing the radio with the navigation on my phone active (just my phone) - the navigation prompts a turn, sync detects it and switches to Bluetooth media. (Haven't found an option for disabling this).

Speed change with cruise-control active - This one took a while to figure out: I use the +/- buttons to change my speed on the cruise control, but I also don't want the truck to handle the acceleration (as it's generally a bit weird) so if it changes from 55 to 70 I'd typically accelerate using the pedals and at the same time hit + to get the cruise control to the speed I want, well, this doesn't work... for some unknown reason the minute you override the cruise-control it goes gray on the dash and you can't make any adjustments on the fly, so the only way around it is to disable it and re-enable it.
Not a big issue, but every single car I've ever driven so far (excluding the lightning) doesn't have this issue so it's more of a "Why, Ford, why ?"

The wireless Android Auto / Hotspot issue - I brought this up in a separate thread and basically it boils down to not being able to use wireless android auto / charger with the in-vehicle dataplan.
Reading up on it it appears that it's more of an android auto implementation issue than it's a Ford issue, but it's annoying nonetheless.

Screen operation: Plenty of people have complained about this already so I'll just say that I agree.
I'm alone in my car 99.99% of the time, so to take up valuable real-estate with buttons that'll never be used is kind of stu... well... not great. But if you had the ability to customize the bottom row of buttons / icons and link the preferences to the driver profile, now that would be great.

Mechanical:
Suspension shudder: Not sure if I'm crazy here but when you drive over ridges or manhole covers it feels like the suspension shudders / bounces for a split second as if the truck is under-dampened, something which would also explain the boaty ride quality. I don't feel it in the front, but it is noticeable in the rear.

The dreaded "click" - I only made it to Ohio (750 miles) before noticing it. If this is an actual issue it's surprising that it haven't been addressed in production considering it's been talked about for quite some time.

Sounds / Beeps: Some complain about the truck being noisy but I think most of it is acceptable.
The only thing I would agree with slightly is the Frunk beep, most of the time (because it's fairly slow) you're standing right in front of it and then it is on the louder side. Not to the point where I'd spend $30 to get rid of it but more of "Geez, does it have to be that annoying".

I'm sorry that the bad seem to overshadow the good, that's not the case. It's a fantastic vehicle and I really like it a lot and I'm sure you'll love yours too. I just wanted to give some context to why I believe the bad isn't great. But even so, the "bad" isn't that bad, it's nuisances - that could have made a great vehicle "perfect". Software is a slight concern, if Ford is planning on going full Android Automotive instead of Sync, that means that development will stop at some point and the current Sync based platform will only be subject to maintenance / bugfixes.
Great summary, thanks! Our new Volvo was doing the same thing, and it was annoying AF. There are settings in the Android Auto App. I shut off "Start music automatically" and I think that did the trick. I also shut off "Start Android Auto while locked." I also shut off all conversation settings and Google analytics. F Google and their tracking. (sorry for the salty language).

On this issue:
"It automatically switches to Bluetooth media input when it detects a signal.
Like the other day I had android auto disabled (because of another issue) and was just playing the radio with the navigation on my phone active (just my phone) - the navigation prompts a turn, sync detects it and switches to Bluetooth media. (Haven't found an option for disabling this). "

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Great summary, thanks! Our new Volvo was doing the same thing, and it was annoying AF. There are settings in the Android Auto App. I shut off "Start music automatically" and I think that did the trick. I also shut off "Start Android Auto while locked." I also shut off all conversation settings and Google analytics. F Google and their tracking. (sorry for the salty language).
I'm not sure it's the same thing... what I was trying to describe had nothing to do with Android Auto. It was disabled / not connected. What happened was that I was listening to the radio (normal FM) and Sync detected "sound" via Bluetooth and switched over to Bluetooth media, which would be OK / make sense if I was trying to steam music over Bluetooth. But in this case it wasn't music, it was navigation prompts from the phone. Sure, Sync cant tell what type of sound is coming via Bluetooth, but it could let me choose to switch manually.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
I'm not sure it's the same thing... what I was trying to describe had nothing to do with Android Auto. It was disabled / not connected. What happened was that I was listening to the radio (normal FM) and Sync detected "sound" via Bluetooth and switched over to Bluetooth media, which would be OK / make sense if I was trying to steam music over Bluetooth. But in this case it wasn't music, it was navigation prompts from the phone. Sure, Sync cant tell what type of sound is coming via Bluetooth, but it could let me choose to switch manually.
I can't remember the particulars, but when I changed my Android Auto settings, the problems went away.
I do recall that with my 2022 Ford Maverick with Sync 3, I could not select the Bluetooth options for the phone and media. This was a real problem for me, because for some reason, one of my apps for the fire department (I'm a volunteer FF) would not play when I was listening to Sirius XM or the radio, and I would miss calls while driving. I got it to work in the Volvo, and I hope I don't go through the same thing when I get my Lightning.

Sorry if none of the above is useful.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Has anyone gotten their FSCP from Sunrun yet? Or even shipping info?
I just received mine, so essentially 6 days after delivery.
Funny thing is that after 4 months of pestering them for a quote they no longer (they did before) service my area... should I take that personally ? :ROFLMAO:

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Has anyone gotten their FSCP from Sunrun yet? Or even shipping info?
I got a ship notification email. Should arrive this week, two weeks after delivery and one week after the “confirm your shipping info” email.

Sponsored

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Regarding how I like it, better now that I can keep the charge above 75% at home. Road trip was a nightmare.

It does show its weight over large speed bumps (the traffic control kind on city streets). It hits hard when it comes down on after the bump.

After reading about moonroof leaks, I think I will just leave mine shut. I also don’t plan to keep this beyond 3 years. Ford reliability has fallen dramatically in my experience. Although the electric platform eliminates a lot of potential problems, there still seems to be a lot of things that aren’t as they should be.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
it could be as soon as tomorrow
You know It's been a wild ride when you've been waiting for sooooooo long and in the end tomorrow is "as soon as". :ROFLMAO:
I stalked the bedliner company a few weeks early along with my dealership the night before delivery hoping to catch a glimpse of it because... well - why wouldn't you !?

Fingers crossed that you get yours soon !

thesneak155

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
You know It's been a wild ride when you've been waiting for sooooooo long and in the end tomorrow is "as soon as". :ROFLMAO:
I stalked the bedliner company a few weeks early along with my dealership the night before delivery hoping to catch a glimpse of it because... well - why wouldn't you !?

Fingers crossed that you get yours soon !
As soon as wouldn't normally float my boat but right now it is all I have to hold on to.... Hahahahaha

thesneak155

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The fiasco continues..... It was picked up but then the semi died and there is no replacement that they can get until Saturday. I mean my God! Hahahahahaha

But with that said Monday seems to be the day. I'm going to go and get the process started with the paperwork and trade in stuff. Fingers crossed I get to follow through.
Sponsored