• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 4/24/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Some key points to understand about information continuity, for trucks that are nearing ready to ship with a destination very close by ie, Dearborn dealers and even those within ~300 miles, these trucks tend to appear on the dealer lot even before they are marked shipped.

As for the rest of build weeks with delinquent activity, we've seen a couple of flow interruptions recently, the battery stoppage and then certain parts shortages (I'm not certain exactly what they are/were) but as the factory build the bulk of the truck ... with missing trim and tech, those builds are temporarily placed in holding areas in disorderly fashion, as the issues resolve (suppliers catch up etc.) they work backward into the held partially built inventory, they don't seem to use an aged-priority-push tracking process, but leave it to totally random luck as to which truck has hands laid on it to finish up the build, this is very frustrating to folks like you and many who have endured it in the past.

FoMoCO is in dire need of a process analyst to get this problem under control.

Personally, I did not line up my financing until I knew my truck had shipped out, there was enough time to get the details lined up while it was in transit to the East Brookfield rail yard, which is where your truck will ship to.
Sponsored

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Some key points to understand about information continuity, for trucks that are nearing ready to ship with a destination very close by ie, Dearborn dealers and even those within ~300 miles, these trucks tend to appear on the dealer lot even before they are marked shipped.

As for the rest of build weeks with delinquent activity, we've seen a couple of flow interruptions recently, the battery stoppage and then certain parts shortages (I'm not certain exactly what they are/were) but as the factory build the bulk of the truck ... with missing trim and tech, those builds are temporarily placed in holding areas in disorderly fashion, as the issues resolve (suppliers catch up etc.) they work backward into the held partially built inventory, they don't seem to use an aged-priority-push tracking process, but leave it to totally random luck as to which truck has hands laid on it to finish up the build, this is very frustrating to folks like you and many who have endured it in the past.

FoMoCO is in dire need of a process analyst to get this problem under control.
Understood and agree with all your points, especially the last.

Personally, I did not line up my financing until I knew my truck had shipped out, there was enough time to get the details lined up while it was in transit to the East Brookfield rail yard, which is where your truck will ship to.
That works, IF they tell you it's shipped. I was referring more to some, including some in this thread, who didn't hear anything until the truck showed up at the dealer. I suspect/fear mine will be the same. As of right now, all the information I've been given is that it will be at the dealer tomorrow, even though it still shows as In Production. Needless to say, I'm not counting on it, and to your point, I'm not going to make financing decisions until I know it's here or on the way.

See davehu update in 1/30/2023 thread as another example. Somehow I'd expect something more accurate from current tracking systems other than "could be here any day".

Last edited:
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
See davehu update in 1/30/2023 thread as another example. Somehow I'd expect something more accurate from current tracking systems other than "could be here any day".
His is one of the few that we've seen publicly where something has gone astray, it's possible the truck could be sent via limited service hauler {hot shot} because of the egregious delay, that seemed to have happened a couple times last summer with other member trucks, it might repeat, but in general not something to be expected.

The view as of now, still not listed "BUILT"
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 4/24/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1686154612446

STXLariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Tundra
Just called the dealer for an update. Truck is still sitting at the rail yard… No updates online, still showing in production.
4/29 blend
5/1 in production

Know you’re not alone, lakeguy or madasahatter

DamSea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Ford Marketing told me my truck passed some inspection on the 6th of June, but couldn't provide any more details than that. Still pending an updated delivery date since the long past 10-16 May previous estimate. Still "in production" since 2 May. No holds on the truck that the marketing rep can see. Dealer hasn't a clue. Part of me thinks the "inspection" is just that the truck turns on after sitting in the lot for a month.

Sponsored

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
Funny it’s already on a train to Texas, but Ford just sent me this saying it’s rolling off the assembly line. Seems timing is a little off.

Anyone know what tires they are going with for the A/T's (275/65R 18 All-Terrain (A/T) Tires)?

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 4/24/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) image

JustADude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro (Avalanche)
Funny it’s already on a train to Texas, but Ford just sent me this saying it’s rolling off the assembly line. Seems timing is a little off.

Anyone know what tires they are going with for the A/T's (275/65R 18 All-Terrain (A/T) Tires)?

image.jpg
I just got the same email, and I took delivery this past Friday.

My Pro came with Michelins, not sure the exact model but I can check in a bit.

benderofbows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro; 2009 F-150 (SOLD); 2022 Bronco

image.jpg
Mine came with Michelin Primacy XC

DamSea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Though I had long downloaded my Window Sticker, I thought I would for funnies look at the Window Sticker from shop.ford.com and I see that in the top left corner the order has gone from:

" 9-NORMAL,NB,116025,PD121 "

To:

4-REBILL,NB,109376,PF071

Rebill???

Also previously, my order was 780/823 for my build week.

Now it says:

1/696 ???

I don't have a spray in liner, but I did order the retractable running boards.

Looking at the bright side, my order is number 1 for whatever. But what is 4-Rebuill? Anyone know?

Edit: Never mind on the rebill. I figured it out. Though the final sticker price is the same. The base price and the options price changed.

I am thinking that my order was delayed due to the running boards and now it is first in line to get them installed perhaps. Though all the Ford Reps continually said for weeks that it wasn't delayed because of parts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Though I had long downloaded my Window Sticker, I thought I would for funnies look at the Window Sticker from shop.ford.com and I see that in the top left corner the order has gone from:

" 9-NORMAL,NB,116025,PD121 "

To:

4-REBILL,NB,109376,PF071

Rebill???

Also previously, my order was 780/823 for my build week.

Now it says:

1/696 ???

I don't have a spray in liner, but I did order the retractable running boards.

Looking at the bright side, my order is number 1 for whatever. But what is 4-Rebuill? Anyone know?
Another oddity on your stick, the footer margin codes, never seen that on other stickers and I've seen thousands!!!!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 4/24/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1686333568434

Somewhere on the forum we have an explanation of many of the margin codes, but I don't recall the meaning of REBILL, but some configurations do result in unusual xxx/xxx volume values

Sponsored

DamSea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Another oddity on your stick, the footer margin codes, never seen that on other stickers and I've seen thousands!!!!

1686333568434.png

Somewhere on the forum we have an explanation of many of the margin codes, but I don't recall the meaning of REBILL, but some configurations do result in unusual xxx/xxx volume values
This new sticker is fancier than the old one. They seem to placing a picture of a model of your order in the background. In my case an agate black Lariat, which matches the footer code.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
This new sticker is fancier than the old one. They seem to placing a picture of a model of your order in the background. In my case an agate black Lariat, which matches the footer code.
I'll be damned, never noticed it until you pointed it out!!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 4/24/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1686350061882

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
Just called the dealer for an update. Truck is still sitting at the rail yard… No updates online, still showing in production.
4/29 blend
5/1 in production

Know you’re not alone, lakeguy or madasahatter
Chatted again with Ford and the rep confirmed that the June 12th-18th date is not when its expected to arrive to me, vut when they expect their part in the shipping to be completed, as in leaves the ramp..5 weeks ago it was built and released! Salesguy say 🤷‍♂️

Lucky to see this truck this summer at this rate...

DamSea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wonder what are the odds of those of us with orders sitting in lot 51 have of them being completed during the shut down next week. I say the odds are good for them to sit the 6 weeks or whatever the shutdown period is unfortunately. Still no one at Ford can tell me why my order is pending a status update for the past month, but lists no reason for the delay in delivery. My dealer says the vehicle is built, but waiting for delivery drivers. Though they seem to be guessing. Of course Ford vehicle tracking still says "In Production "

Read an article that Ford had a bunch of F150s stolen from lots and waited weeks to months to report the thefts to police. Its like they have very little logistical oversight of these lots.

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
I wonder what are the odds of those of us with orders sitting in lot 51 have of them being completed during the shut down next week. I say the odds are good for them to sit the 6 weeks or whatever the shutdown period is unfortunately. Still no one at Ford can tell me why my order is pending a status update for the past month, but lists no reason for the delay in delivery. My dealer says the vehicle is built, but waiting for delivery drivers. Though they seem to be guessing. Of course Ford vehicle tracking still says "In Production "

Read an article that Ford had a bunch of F150s stolen from lots and waited weeks to months to report the thefts to police. Its like they have very little logistical oversight of these lots.
Ya this is incredibly frustrating, even more than waiting for a build date..Knowing its sitting there doing nothing...Its actually straining the relationship between myself and the dealership as they really know less than me, but have the ability to track beyond the website, so I bug them weekly..My responses from them have have dwindled from enthusiastic replies down to two word answers "Nope,sorry"

Chat is worse..
Sponsored