• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RGC

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Model Y
I have recently purchased a Pro Light E lounge. It is an electric version of the Lounge model. It has no propane, electric hot water, induction element for cooking, electric heater with digital temperature control, 400 watts solar and 200 amp hour lithium battery. 2000 watt inverter etc. sleeps 3 wet shower etc I bought for my lightning as it could plug directly into truck if we lack sun or need more electrical power for cooking etc. I am just back from a 2000 km holiday from Ontario to Savana Georgia and back. I used my model Y so I would have more chargers available until Tesla network opens up to the Lightning of course which happened while we were away. I averaged 300 watts/ kilometre for the trip. I am looking forward to trips now using the lightning and will report my range with the Lightning. We usually stopped for a charge every 100 miles or 160 kilometers. Charging went well and only had to unhook twice. I could use an extension for charging using either the Model Y or the Lightning.

Ford F-150 Lightning New Fully Electric Trailer purchased: Pro Light E lounge IMG_3502

Ford F-150 Lightning New Fully Electric Trailer purchased: Pro Light E lounge IMG_3619
Sponsored

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Do they make a version this a little bigger with bunks ?

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Nice little trailer (I looked up the manufacturer's page). I'm personally hoping that platforms like the Pebble, Lightship and Airstream's EV trailer all take off. I would love to see quieter, more sustainable camping options.

I personally haven't been camping in almost 20 years, but a fully electric trailer pulled by our Lightning may make me get the bug again. :)

OP
OP

RGC

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Model Y
Lots of models. This one is around 1650lbs dry. It is about 6’4” wide so narrow enough to help with airodynamics and not real tall. There are also smaller ones as well if you don’t need a bathroom. It’s all compromises for whatever range you want. I don’t think this exact model is listed on their web site. It just became available. I have a large dealer for them near me.

Sponsored
OP
OP

RGC

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Model Y
I did google and look up the manufacturer but I was trying to be CONVERSATIONAL lol
There is a Prolite 12V that’s a little smaller and lighter and Prolite Volt that’s a bit bigger in the electric models. Lots of other models larger and smaller with propane.This company specializes in light weight campers. There are many you tube videos of these campers. we left the couch folded down into a bed and added memory foam for comfort for travelling. Used mostly KOAs for trip. CHARGED at koa’s a lot and one in Virginia had about 10 sites with level2 chargers. This helps keep charging cost average down on a trip like this. Fast chargers have gotten expensive.

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Malibu; 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
Did you have issues with your SOC being off once you unhooked the trailer?

I did a test run with a 7,000 pound travel trailer yesterday. All went well, I got the range I expected (.8 - .9 mi/kw), given the weather (35 degrees and windy) but after disconnecting the trailer my SOC showed 65% with 53 miles of range. My initial thought was that it would adjust on the 42 mile trip home but it didn't. I got home with 40% SOC and 40 miles of range. I thought it strange, but connected to the FCSP and woke up this morning with 90% SOC and 85 miles of range.

I've read on the forum about this but couldn't find the links. If you or anyone can provide me guidance on steps to take it would be helpful. Oh, the trailer disconnected once we removed the cable for the lights...at least it doesn't show a trailer connected.

UPDATE:
Never mind, the truck apparently self adjusted after I posted. All is normal again...it must have known...lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
I think i saw OP somewhere on the I-95
I am actually towing airstream with F150 lighting with Ontario license plate as well.

I can get 240km from 90% to 10% at speed of 105km/h, even 260km if I slow down to 95km/h

my efficiency is between 2.1-2.3km/kwh overall, wind speed greatly affects the range...

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
THOR came out with a version of their largest diesel pusher motorhome line, TUSCANY, back in 207/2018 which came WITHOUT a generator, and in place of the normal generator location, the very FRONT of the motorhome, was a HUGE bank of Lithium 6v batteries - which allowed for 'silent' generator power when off-grid.
It also came with two very large INVERTERS, to power everything in the coach, including electric heat, air conditioning, residential fridge, etc. No propane.
The 'generator' battery bank was simply charged at the campground, as part of the same 50amp 240v shore cord. Some rooftop solar was also added to keep more of a 'trickle charge' to that battery bank, too, while traveling, etc.

OP
OP

RGC

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Model Y
I think i saw OP somewhere on the I-95
I am actually towing airstream with F150 lighting with Ontario license plate as well.

I can get 240km from 90% to 10% at speed of 105km/h, even 260km if I slow down to 95km/h

my efficiency is between 2.1-2.3km/kwh overall, wind speed greatly affects the range...
Yes that was likely me on 95. I will likely take the Prolite camper on a drive with the lightning someday soon to try and get some approximate range numbers.
Sponsored