• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajjra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Realizing that if range is a priority, this is probably not a go-to MOD, but since someone’s going to ask, it might as well be me: have you had an opportunity to measure the impact on range from these changes?
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
I see that these bumpers anticipate sensor relocation (eg from the old bumpers into the new) - though presumably at slightly different locations/angles. Looks like as many as 10 sensors are implicated (4 in back, 6 up front)

Two questions:

• any feedback on resulting sensor performance? Blue cruise being finicky as is, and assuming these sensors play a role, interested in effects

• if bumpers are being customer-installed, are there special instructions regarding dealing with the sensors?

OP
OP
SinisterEV

SinisterEV

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I see that these bumpers anticipate sensor relocation (eg from the old bumpers into the new) - though presumably at slightly different locations/angles. Looks like as many as 10 sensors are implicated (4 in back, 6 up front)

Two questions:

• any feedback on resulting sensor performance? Blue cruise being finicky as is, and assuming these sensors play a role, interested in effects

• if bumpers are being customer-installed, are there special instructions regarding dealing with the sensors?
* Even when the truck was bone stock, I never had a great consistent experience with Blue Cruise. It always seemed to wander in the lanes. After the Wheels and tires (before bumpers) it was about the same bouncing between-the-lanes effect maybe a touch worse on some roads. Bumpers did not seem to make a difference either way. Overall my experience with it makes me believe it's more affected by road conditions (lines, turns, on-ramps, off-ramps etc) than the lift or bumpers.

*No special instructions. They clip in pretty easily and straightforwardly.

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
Sure! Anything specific you are wondering about?
I assume the tires are the standard 12.5x35R20. What offset are the wheels? Something pretty positive I assume. Is there enough clearance to accommodate a more neutral offset?

Sponsored

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
Love it !

the front grille with the matching body paint is the way Ford should have designed it in the first place, imho.

do you sell the grille as a stand-alone?
I like the grille as well. Would like to see it sold too.

Fast4U

First Name
William smallwood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat 511a
Occupation
Sales
bluecruise, park assist issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.