• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2 Questions

TNVolFan

First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT Stanard Range
1: I just received the Tesla charger update in 23 XLT. When searching for chargers in the navigation page, should it show available Tesla chargers? Mine does not

2: What Power update brings the charge assist feature. I still have not received it.

I have the 12 inch infotainment screen.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
NO, you MUST use the Charge Assist application on the APPS home screen.

It was brought to many trucks prior the TESLA update, but for those who hadn't got it prior, it's now packaged with the Tesla Supercharger update.

The Ford Navigation will be updated in the future

OP
OP
TNVolFan

TNVolFan

First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So, you're saying that the Tesla charger navigation will be in a future update since I do not currently have it -- or that it should have been included in the update I just received?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
So, you're saying that the Tesla charger navigation will be in a future update since I do not currently have it -- or that it should have been included in the update I just received?
The Charge assist applications currently allows you to locate compatible TESLA stations, once you select the location of interest, the address to this location is pumped into FORD NAV.

I've been told that a NEW update that none of have yet is a list of all compatible charging stations in FORD NAV, that update will augment what is currently limited to EA and various CCS1 / J1772 stations but not NACS. I have no idea when that update is coming.

If you don't have the Charge Assist app, then use Tesla's proprietary app to locate stations that are open to NACS adapter customers

Ford F-150 Lightning 2 Questions 1712179852817-e6
Ford F-150 Lightning 2 Questions 1712179925661-ma

Use Fordpass
Ford F-150 Lightning 2 Questions 1712180014224-mt
Ford F-150 Lightning 2 Questions 1712180071507-wx

Push address to your favorite routing tool
Ford F-150 Lightning 2 Questions 1712180128948-7a

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
If you don't have the Charge Assist application, then use the TESLA app and configure a user account with a FORD CCS vehicle profile

Sponsored
OP
OP
TNVolFan

TNVolFan

First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you. Great information.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Charge Assist / Public Charging is useless while in motion.

If you can stop to choose a Tesla SC then it's great.

I had to use Tesla app to locate SC while on a road trip (can't stop on freeways) and entered the address into the Ford Nav.

Hopefully in the future Ford Nav will include Tesla chargers....

Love my A2Z adapter while I wait for the Ford adapter.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2 Questions IMG_1852.JPG

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
once you select the location of interest, the address to this location is pumped into FORD NAV.
Follow-up question on this...
After sending a charger location from ChargeAssist app to FordNav as a destination will FordNav recognize it as a charging destination and precondition the battery?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Follow-up question on this...
After sending a charger location from ChargeAssist app to FordNav as a destination will FordNav recognize it as a charging destination and precondition the battery?
No, :(

Xpunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
So, when selecting a Tesla Charger, the battery does not precondition? I have been trying to get my battery to warm up when going to a tesla charger and noticed that it does not precondition. I thought it was just my vehicle though. I thought there was a setting I was missing, but as of now that is the case for everyone's lightning?

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
So, when selecting a Tesla Charger, the battery does not precondition? I have been trying to get my battery to warm up when going to a tesla charger and noticed that it does not precondition. I thought it was just my vehicle though. I thought there was a setting I was missing, but as of now that is the case for everyone's lightning?
Correct. Until the Tesla chargers get integrated into the Ford nav, no preconditioning.

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Correct, it has been reported in another thread that all enroute battery warming is not working due to a bug in a recent update. So, your initial time connected to any DCFC will be spent at a slower charging pace until the PTC can warm up the pack making it safe for higher current rates.

Xpunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Correct, it has been reported in another thread that all enroute battery warming is not working due to a bug in a recent update. So, your initial time connected to any DCFC will be spent at a slower charging pace until the PTC can warm up the pack making it safe for higher current rates.
Thank you for confirming....Ill stop stressing over thinking I was doing something wrong when its just a Ford bug.
One other question...is any preconditioning working, like can I choose an EA station just to start the warming and drive to the tesla station or is all preconditioning down because of the bug. Im at work right now and cant check.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
One other question...is any preconditioning working, like can I choose an EA station just to start the warming and drive to the tesla station or is all preconditioning down because of the bug. Im at work right now and cant check.
Prior to the "bug" this is what I did during the NJ demonstration event, when I arrived at the Tesla station in NJ, I picked an EA DCFC station that was appx 15 miles away as a destination, left the truck running with the shutdown timer switched off, then left it alone while we had a meet & greet discussion with Ford and other participants.

By the time it was my turn the battery pack was at optimal condition for pulling in a fast rate of charge from the get go.

I'm not sure if the issue has been determined and if an update is coming to fix the issue soon.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Thank you for confirming....Ill stop stressing over thinking I was doing something wrong when its just a Ford bug.
Yes, this is the current workaround - choose the closest CCS charger to the Tesla location and set that on you nav.

When you get to the Tesla location, it will have preconditioned.
Sponsored