• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 7k Miles, Totally dead this AM..

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Went for a ride to the store this morning, got back shut truck off. Went to open garage door and noticed the button didn't work. Turned back to the truck and all screens off. Tried to his start button. Nothing. Just got the truck back 2 days ago where they replaced the APIM. Tested battery voltage.. 12.02, put a battery tender on it. I'll update you when that finished.. Ungh.. Been 6 weeks with no center screen (APIM) now this..

Anyone else have this issue? Know anything about it?
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I would've disconnected the negative terminal on the LVB before I did anything else. It's essentially a full reset on all modules.

It has been my first troubleshooting step and has fixed most (little) issues I've had. I understand this is a big issue.

OP
OP

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I would've disconnected the negative terminal on the LVB before I did anything else. It's essentially a full reset on all modules.

It has been my first troubleshooting step and has fixed most (little) issues I've had. I understand this is a big issue.
Ya.. tried that.. Nothing.. Not even the normal relays and stuff switching on that you normally hear when connecting back up..

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Wait, your center screen has been dead for 6 weeks?!?!

Take it to the dealer (or have the dealer grab it from your place).

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
Yuck! Sorry, mate!

Sponsored
OP
OP

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Update, put jumper cables from another vehicle. Truck came back to life. Started and pulled into garage. I will leave battery tender on overnight. I’m sure the battery is probably toast.

96161Lightning

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volkswagen ID.4, 2022 Lighnting Lariat ER
Went for a ride to the store this morning, got back shut truck off. Went to open garage door and noticed the button didn't work. Turned back to the truck and all screens off. Tried to his start button. Nothing. Just got the truck back 2 days ago where they replaced the APIM. Tested battery voltage.. 12.02, put a battery tender on it. I'll update you when that finished.. Ungh.. Been 6 weeks with no center screen (APIM) now this..

Anyone else have this issue? Know anything about it?
Had the same thing happen to me last month (dead vehicle, I have not had any issues with my center screen). The only thing different in my case was I heard an alarm go off and then just fade out, I thought it was a car driving by and didn't think anything of it. Went to leave the house and the truck was dead. I checked my app and had a warning "the security system has detected the hood opened and triggered the alarm". The truck was parked in the garage and secured, so no reason/way anyone was trying to get in the frunk. I jumped started it and it came back to life. Had to take the truck in the following week for the water in the tailgate light that is no longer working and had them check if there were any codes and the battery and no issues were found. Haven't had any problems since I jumped it, but I'm keeping my portable jump start battery in the frunk now.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Update, Had battery tender junior on it all night. Checked voltage this AM 12.8v.. truck still dead. No power locks nothing. I'll jump it and bring it to dealer tomorrow..

;(

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Update, Had battery tender junior on it all night. Checked voltage this AM 12.8v.. truck still dead. No power locks nothing. I'll jump it and bring it to dealer tomorrow..

;(
Ford replaced the ACM in my 22 Lightning regarding the extreme noise incident with the B&O Sound System. They could not, or would not, tell me the new ACM would actually resolve the problem. They also replaced the 12 volt battery. When I asked if the battery was bad, they replied they "always replace the battery when they replace the ACM." There are many reports of bad 12 volt batteries from the factory.

I mentioned it in another post, but I will repeat it here ... given all the issues with the 12 volt battery, we need to be able to view 12 volt battery SOC on the instrument or sync screen.

Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I'm thinking about replacing my LVB with a Deep Cell Yellow Top Optima battery soon after I get my truck. Do you think Ford will frown upon my replacing the battery? I don't want to void any warrantees.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I keep a portable battery jump kit inside each of my vehicles.

Used to be for a long time, these huge sealed lead acid units but now with lithium battery technology, it's much smaller and holds a charge for a lot longer.
Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 7k Miles, Totally dead this AM.. 61XUt0XhG5L._AC_SL1500_

OP
OP

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I just grabbed a NOCO one. It’s charging now. The 500 version.

OP
OP

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
In the event I can’t get the 12v back working. Is there a way to get it in neutral manually?
Sponsored